gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680553 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 03:17:09 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The very last time certain instruments were played on BB tracks?  (Read 12891 times)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2018, 04:06:50 PM »

Dennis would have BATTERED an electric drum kit!

Agreed. I kinda wonder if his music might have adapted a slightly more 1980s electronic edge at some point.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2018, 09:57:13 AM »

Random question, sorta off topic, but not exactly...

Is "I Do Love You" the last (and perhaps only?) time that a BBs track had a single musician (not a member of the band) playing so many different instruments on one song? That person being Stevie Wonder, of course. "I Do Love You" is definitely an odd duck, and I think it may hold this record.

The only other tracks that come to mind are stuff like Love You tracks, but of course that one single musician was a BB member, Brian, playing nearly all instruments.

It's not the same as Wonder's near one-man-band, and it's a BW track, but "Let It Shine" is pretty much all Brian and Jeff Lynne, with one of the session drummers. But it's Lynne on acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass, 6-string bass/baritone guitar, and possibly some keyboards. Then Brian on keys/piano presumably, and one of the session drummers.

According to Lynne, Brian also played glockenspiel on "LIS".
Pablo.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2018, 09:44:36 AM »

Virtually every frame the group appears on "Summer of love"

By the way, last night I dreamt I was at Stamos' place and I asked him for an explation for the autotune on Do it Again and other productions crimes on Unleash The Love.

Might bring it to therapy this afternoon, I think.

(Edit: Oops, posted at the wrong thread!)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 10:18:36 AM by Pablo. » Logged
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2018, 09:54:03 AM »

By the way, last night I dreamt I was at Stamos' place and I asked him for an explation for the autotune on Do it Again and other productions crimes on Unleash The Love.

I kinda feel like somebody on the board should attend a taping of Fuller House just to be in his proximity to ask him those questions Smiley
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2018, 10:00:09 AM »

Well, keep in mind half the DIA ‘17 music video was done with bedsheets as a backdrop (and bedsheets are probably the last thing you saw before you fell asleep)...so don’t think too far into it Grin

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2018, 02:10:04 PM »

Dennis would have BATTERED an electric drum kit!

Agreed. I kinda wonder if his music might have adapted a slightly more 1980s electronic edge at some point.

I think I've written this before, but I think it's fair to say that Dennis was the "trendiest" or most "of the times" Beach Boy. I haven't a doubt that if he was still trying to make new music he woulda been up to his neck in synths and whatnot. I could even have seen him going down the moody, synthy road of a Depeche Mode or a Spandau Ballet. "Big", somewhat synthetic sounding music with moody vocals. I could see it.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2018, 08:25:41 AM »

Listening to "You're Still A Mystery" from MIC last night in my car, I realized THAT'S the last time the Leslie guitar effect was used on a Beach Boys track...so I edited my original reply on page one of this thread to reflect that! Smiley
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx