gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
642977 Posts in 25677 Topics by 3650 Members - Latest Member: SmirkySmirk January 23, 2019, 10:54:47 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The very last time certain instruments were played on BB tracks?  (Read 3972 times)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2018, 04:06:50 PM »

Dennis would have BATTERED an electric drum kit!

Agreed. I kinda wonder if his music might have adapted a slightly more 1980s electronic edge at some point.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2018, 09:57:13 AM »

Random question, sorta off topic, but not exactly...

Is "I Do Love You" the last (and perhaps only?) time that a BBs track had a single musician (not a member of the band) playing so many different instruments on one song? That person being Stevie Wonder, of course. "I Do Love You" is definitely an odd duck, and I think it may hold this record.

The only other tracks that come to mind are stuff like Love You tracks, but of course that one single musician was a BB member, Brian, playing nearly all instruments.

It's not the same as Wonder's near one-man-band, and it's a BW track, but "Let It Shine" is pretty much all Brian and Jeff Lynne, with one of the session drummers. But it's Lynne on acoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass, 6-string bass/baritone guitar, and possibly some keyboards. Then Brian on keys/piano presumably, and one of the session drummers.

According to Lynne, Brian also played glockenspiel on "LIS".
Pablo.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2018, 09:44:36 AM »

Virtually every frame the group appears on "Summer of love"

By the way, last night I dreamt I was at Stamos' place and I asked him for an explation for the autotune on Do it Again and other productions crimes on Unleash The Love.

Might bring it to therapy this afternoon, I think.

(Edit: Oops, posted at the wrong thread!)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 10:18:36 AM by Pablo. » Logged
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2018, 09:54:03 AM »

By the way, last night I dreamt I was at Stamos' place and I asked him for an explation for the autotune on Do it Again and other productions crimes on Unleash The Love.

I kinda feel like somebody on the board should attend a taping of Fuller House just to be in his proximity to ask him those questions Smiley
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2018, 10:00:09 AM »

Well, keep in mind half the DIA Ď17 music video was done with bedsheets as a backdrop (and bedsheets are probably the last thing you saw before you fell asleep)...so donít think too far into it Grin

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

Gotta keep those a-lovin good vibrations a-happenin.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2018, 02:10:04 PM »

Dennis would have BATTERED an electric drum kit!

Agreed. I kinda wonder if his music might have adapted a slightly more 1980s electronic edge at some point.

I think I've written this before, but I think it's fair to say that Dennis was the "trendiest" or most "of the times" Beach Boy. I haven't a doubt that if he was still trying to make new music he woulda been up to his neck in synths and whatnot. I could even have seen him going down the moody, synthy road of a Depeche Mode or a Spandau Ballet. "Big", somewhat synthetic sounding music with moody vocals. I could see it.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2018, 08:25:41 AM »

Listening to "You're Still A Mystery" from MIC last night in my car, I realized THAT'S the last time the Leslie guitar effect was used on a Beach Boys track...so I edited my original reply on page one of this thread to reflect that! Smiley
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx