gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:48:54 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dennis Wilson  (Read 5932 times)
Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2018, 11:27:19 PM »

Genuinely sorry if anyone thought I was being ditasteful or a bully.

I found RR coming in on a thread commemorating someone's death with criticisms and arguments extremely rude. And my initial response was polite and measured.

Perhaps it's cultural. This is the danger of an international board eh?

And it's not the first time RR has had this effect on me. So there's history there. This didn't  come out of nowhere.

So my new years resolution can be to ignore said person's threads in future. Vice Versa can apply.

Happy new year guys  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 11:38:04 PM by Hickory Violet Part IV » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2018, 10:44:03 AM »

The bottom line is that if you go on a Beach Boys forum, whether on a DW commemorative thread, or any other thread for that matter, and say Dennis's entire solo catalog sucks (I'm obviously loosely paraphrasing), then you should absolutely be allowed to do so, but you should also be prepared for the vast majority of people to disagree with you.

Based on RangeRover's stated preferences in other threads regarding other music  (BBs and others), RangeRover seems to have a pretty offbeat set of standards/preferences. In particular, disliking slow songs. In past threads, RangeRover has mentioned varying amounts of dislike for songs like "Don't Talk", "Pacific Coast Highway", "Summer's Gone", and in particular referencing many songs specifically using the terms "slow" and "boring."

That's all fine, but a stated and proudly advertised preference that relegates a huge hunk of the catalog of the band that is the subject of this forum to "boring" status, is going to be regularly met with befuddlement.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx