gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 05:23:20 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock Cellar  (Read 3348 times)
wilsonart1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2017, 06:16:43 PM »

A 1 hour Mike Love interview is available to subscribers .
13thBB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 05:39:15 AM »

I will only listen if Mike discusses his trip to India with the Beatles.
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 05:42:29 AM »

Yes, me too. I  would love to hear the story about how he helped McCartney with the lyrics to Back in The USSR...............he hardly ever discusses that one!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 09:18:01 AM »

Didn’t he write a song for some Tom Cruise movie in the 80s as well. Whatever became of that one?
Needleinthehay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 09:33:36 AM »

Always forget if he was doind drugs in the 60s and 70s with brian or not. Love him to clear that up
13thBB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 09:37:08 AM »

I'd love to know more about the "boy girl connection" he added to Good Vibrations which made the world relate to cousin Brian's crazy music.
Jukka
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 10:55:11 AM »

Hopefully he tells whether he's ever reached the no 1 spot without cousin Brian with some exotic song. And who wrote the hook for such song, if it even exists...

"Surfing and cars were okay but there was a war going on."
13thBB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2017, 11:19:53 AM »

Has Mike ever delved into the subject of transcendental meditation? That would be a fascinating interview if he were ever to discuss it.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2017, 11:30:05 AM »

Always forget if he was doind drugs in the 60s and 70s with brian or not. Love him to clear that up

Didn’t the Wilsons make some poor lifestyle choices along these lines? I know blood is thicker than water, code of silence and all but spill the beans Mike!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2017, 11:55:28 AM »

Will Brian's Rock and Roll album be great if there's no autotune on it? Also, has Mike ever spoken about Brian being controlled by handlers? Must be hard being forced to eat at your favorite deli every day.

TBH, the last time Mike did a Rock Cellar interview it was pretty friggin awesome. I hope this one is on the same calibre, so hopefully there won't be any cookie-cutter Kokomo answers or any moodiness toward the Wilsons. Looking forward to seeing what this one is all about.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2017, 12:14:50 PM »

Usually when Mike sits down for a full hour, something interesting comes out of it. One would hope.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2017, 01:04:12 PM »

Judge for yourself. Part 1 is available to non subscribers.

https://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/2017/12/18/mike-love-beach-boys-interview-video-rockcellartv/
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2017, 01:28:23 PM »

Thanks for the link Pretty Funky! I may just have to subscribe to see the other parts. That was a really good interview and Mike was really in depth about a lot. The interviewer even asked about Mike's old turban haha.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
jeremylr
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2017, 03:52:25 PM »

FYI, the Rock Cellar interviewer is none other than Ken Sharp, author of the just-released tome "Dreamer: The Making of Dennis Wilson's 'Pacific Ocean Blue'" and other books exploring Elvis's songwriters, the King's 1969 Vegas comeback, John Lennon's Double Fantasy, the Raspberries, Cheap Trick, and KISS.

And to watch the complete interview all you have to do is "subscribe" by inputting a username / email address.....then all the video installments are unlocked free of charge.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 04:24:21 PM by jeremylr » Logged
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2017, 04:03:03 PM »

I just finished watching the whole one hour interview. Definitely the best interview I've seen with Mike in recent times, maybe ever. And not one mention of Kokomo  Shocked ,unless I somehow missed it but I'm pretty sure there was no mention.

A few things he touched on that I found interesting:  He says of the song 'Til I Die: "one of the better songs that Brian wrote by himself. It's an amazing song about being in touch with your mortality, humanity...." He spoke a little about Dennis' Pacific Ocean Blue album, and said "Dennis was deep" and how he wasn't surprised that Dennis could create such a great album. He talked about the 4th of July show where Mr. T and Jimmy Page joined them on stage, mentioning that Mr. T took a train there and apparently kicked out the windows in the train because he was hot. He referred to Page as "such an incredible guitar player." He spoke a little bit about Lepiodopterology, the study of butterflies. Talked about Keith Moon writing them a letter asking to join the Beach Boys "but we couldn't because we had Dennis Wilson." Some stuff about Murry, "he was a brutal unhappy man." Much more. Check it out if you can.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 04:04:08 PM by Mike Garneau » Logged
Needleinthehay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2017, 04:05:31 PM »

Will definitely watch whole thing. The story in the first part about cutting off his beard after seeing it on tv is pretty funny and never heard it
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2017, 04:23:42 PM »

I thought the beard story was very funny too. And thought it was cool that he says he likes Billy Gibbons' guitar playing.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2017, 06:32:08 PM »

Violin   Old Man

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx