gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:14:15 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stephen J McParland Candix Records  (Read 1261 times)
ChrisFarrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2017, 01:25:02 PM »

I received a blurb the other day from Stephen re his new book "The Candix Story" and promptly downloaded the book. At present I haven't had the time to start reading it so I cannot comment on the content but knowing how Stephen researches his information I would expect this to be full of loads of information. I do notice that there are many many photos.
I don't know if this is allowed here and if not I will remove but I am going to include the blurb he sent me.

I must emphasise that it is about Candix Records and not all Beach Boys. Only about 100 of the 600 pages are about the Beach Boys time at Candix.

THE CANDIX STORY
HOLLYWOOD HITS AND MISSES
600 PAGES - THOUSANDS OF GRAPHICS AND PHOTOS

This is a work in progress.
  This in EDITION 1.
  Additional editions will be published if and when more information becomes available.
Anyone who purchases one edition and would like the latest edition will be sent a promo code (upon request) to download the latest edition at no cost.
  In addition to presenting all the currently known facts about Candix Enterprises, Inc., aka the Candix record label, this 600 page book documents the Beach Boys’ first recording endeavours that ultimately produced the group’s first single, Candix single 331/301 Surfin’ b/w Luau, plus a proposed follow-up single (for Candix) and other associated recordings circa 1961-1962 before the Beach Boys were eventually singed by Capitol Records in May 1962.
  Much of this was documented in my 2011 book The Beach Boys 1961-1963: Inception And Conception and subsequently included in James B. Murphy’s 2015 book Becoming The Beach Boys.
  However, subsequent research by this author has raised serious questions regarding some of the facts presented in author Murphy’s book. These are all explained and corrected where necessary within THE CANDIX STORY: HOLLYWOOD HITS AND MISSES.
  A great deal of effort has also been undertaken to place the Beach Boys’ Candix single in context with what else was happening at the time; something that really has not been previously attempted.
  The involvement of Joe Saraceno, Candix’s head of A&R, in the acceptance of the Beach Boys’ Surfin’ b/w Luau single has also been explored, in particular the relationship between the Beach Boys’ Candix single and the Mar-Kets’ Surfer’s Stomp single that Saraceno produced and allegedly co-wrote with collaborator Mike Gordon.

THE CANDIX STORY: HOLLYWOOD HITS AND MISSES will be the FIRST of the CMusic Books Download Series offered up as a “print your own book”.
It is an unlocked PDF.

PRICE OF THE DOWNLOAD - $US8.95

DIRECT URL:  https://payhip.com/b/uQJi

https://cmusicbooks.wordpress.com
https://payhip.com/cmusicbooks

Again I must emphasise that it is about Candix Records and not all Beach Boys. Only about 100 of the 600 pages are about the Beach Boys time at Candix.

This seems like great value.

Chris Farrell
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 02:54:56 PM by ChrisFarrell » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx