gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 11:38:18 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love & Beatles - Spiritual Regeneration --- what is this??  (Read 3792 times)
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2019, 07:54:33 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPCsEE2yLCw

Apperently from 1968, is Mike on this track or contributed to it's writing? Doesn't seem like a real advanced song, and I could swear I hear Mike at some points. I could actually hear this as a late 60's/70's BBs song. But my main question, is what is this?
UEF
Smiley Smile Associate

Sheriff John-ston

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 12:51:58 AM »

Surprisingly legit.

On 25 February, the Maharishi held a party to celebrate Harrison's 25th birthday. The event included communal chanting,[143] a sitar performance by Harrison,[100] and a firework display.[156][157] The Maharishi gave Harrison an upside-down plastic globe of the world and said: "George, the globe I am giving you symbolizes the world today. I hope you will help us all in the task of putting it right."[158] Harrison turned the globe over and said "I've done it!", and the other students applauded.[159] For Love's birthday, on 15 March, members of the Beatles and Donovan performed "Spiritual Regeneration/Happy Birthday Mike Love", a song based on the Beach Boys' "Fun, Fun, Fun". Lennon presented Love with a round handmade card containing a self-portrait of him naked, and Harrison gave him a painting of Guru Dev.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 09:20:58 AM »

The recording of The Beatles (IIRC minus Ringo, who had returned to the U.K. by then) singing "Happy Birthday" to Mike was played on the "Best Summers Of Our Lives" multi-part Beach Boys radio series in 1976.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 11:47:08 AM »

I've had this for a couple years now. The only two voices I can really identify are Paul and John.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 12:04:19 PM »

Surprisingly legit.

On 25 February, the Maharishi held a party to celebrate Harrison's 25th birthday. The event included communal chanting,[143] a sitar performance by Harrison,[100] and a firework display.[156][157] The Maharishi gave Harrison an upside-down plastic globe of the world and said: "George, the globe I am giving you symbolizes the world today. I hope you will help us all in the task of putting it right."[158] Harrison turned the globe over and said "I've done it!", and the other students applauded.[159] For Love's birthday, on 15 March, members of the Beatles and Donovan performed "Spiritual Regeneration/Happy Birthday Mike Love", a song based on the Beach Boys' "Fun, Fun, Fun". Lennon presented Love with a round handmade card containing a self-portrait of him naked, and Harrison gave him a painting of Guru Dev.
A self-portrait of himself naked, eh? That's an interesting birthday present.

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 06:17:43 AM »

Surprisingly legit.

A self-portrait of himself naked, eh? That's an interesting birthday present.

I wonder if that gift felt less-than-special after the subsequent release of that infamous Lennon/Ono LP on which John (and Yoko) are presented naked in a photographic image for the whole world to see?  Smiley
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 07:52:36 AM »

I wonder if Mike still has it?  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2019, 02:23:37 PM »

Happily the Fabs discovered that MUCH of this was all pure, unadulterated BULLSHIT.  Sadly...the birthday boy didn't...and hasn't.  https://getpocket.com/explore/item/there-s-a-dark-side-to-meditation-that-no-one-talks-about?utm_source=pocket-newtab

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx