gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 10:32:51 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Concert ticket prices  (Read 2322 times)
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2017, 02:26:10 PM »

Fell out of my chair just now trying to buy Eagles tix in Saint Louis. The cheapest seats in lousy sections are $287. Then add the massive extra fees attached. Just for fun I tried to get seats front and center row 11. They were $2,300!  Wonder what they will charge for the meet and greet? How many sold out Mike and Bruce shows would they have to do to equal what the Eagles make in one night? 
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 07:12:28 PM »

Mike and Bruce's entire summer tour probably pays out to about one night for The Eagles.
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 05:47:47 PM »

Fell out of my chair just now trying to buy Eagles tix in Saint Louis. The cheapest seats in lousy sections are $287. Then add the massive extra fees attached. Just for fun I tried to get seats front and center row 11. They were $2,300!  Wonder what they will charge for the meet and greet? How many sold out Mike and Bruce shows would they have to do to equal what the Eagles make in one night? 

Even worse in Boston. Over $3000 for front row seats
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 05:48:54 PM »

Save your money for Brian Wilson....

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
KC41
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 06:29:41 PM »

I’m guessing you looked at a secondary ticket seller site such as Stubhub.
Ticketmaster has the cheap seats for $ 96.
KDS
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 07:06:58 AM »

The Eagles are pioneers.  They were one of the first rock bands to tour with ultra high ticket prices.  You'd think they'd cut the fans a break now that Glenn is gone. 
thatjacob
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 01:28:26 PM »

I’m guessing you looked at a secondary ticket seller site such as Stubhub.
Ticketmaster has the cheap seats for $ 96.
Probably so, but there's only one $95 ticket left for the whole stadium now. That's not counting fees, either. Kind of high for the current Eagles lineup, but I'm not the biggest fan. For comparison, I just had really solid tickets to Mike and Bruce for $58 after fees.
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 05:59:35 PM »

What amazes me is that if you look at official sites such as VIP Nation, many of the very expensive "VIP" packages do NOT include a meet and greet.  In relation to many of the tours, I think The Beach Boys are actually quite generous with their packages.  I believe Mike & Bruce's VIP package is about $250 which gives you soundcheck, photo op, autographs, merchandise, and more.
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 01:07:32 AM »

This is a shock to me, but I bought tickets for 20 bucks four years ago to see them at a fair in rural Wisconsin.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 04:36:04 PM »

It greatly depends on the venue. I've been right up front for Mike and Bruce anywhere from $25-$75...same goes for Brian Wilson. I had a 2nd row seat directly in front of him for $15 at Montgomery College two years ago. The C50 VIP Package was a steal. I had 2nd row center seats, soundcheck, meet & greet, & merch...for $350. Brian's VIP package is more than that.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx