gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 05:59:38 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: unleash mike love  (Read 2267 times)
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2017, 06:18:16 AM »

mike and his band is doin a live show and cd signing at amoeba records in hollywood ca.. dec 6th 600 pm..
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 07:54:03 AM »

That actually sounds pretty cool. I notice Mike is being somewhat careful not to overstep the BBs name rules (even though he already has), by booking these as solo Mike Love gigs and not Beach Boys gigs. I wonder if he'll continue to do these.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 08:10:05 AM by NateRuvin » Logged
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 08:55:10 AM »

That actually sounds pretty cool. I notice Mike is being somewhat careful not to overstep the BBs name rules (even though he already has), by booking these as solo Mike Love gigs and not Beach Boys gigs. I wonder if he'll continue to do these.

He'll be busking in the streets in 20 years time, with an acoustic guitar, and still call himself "The Beach Boys".

I think.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 09:04:12 AM »

Somewhat ironically, I'll be just leaving my job in Hawthorne when the show starts, otherwise I would go.
I was actually in Amoeba the other day, and saw the ad for this. According to the fine print, you have to buy Unleash the Love to get a signature! When I was there last week I didn't notice any copies for sale...
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 09:39:52 AM »

Mike can perform 25 solo songs at a "Beach Boys" show if he wants to. He's essentially plugging his solo album via a "Solo" appearance, but performing live as "The Beach Boys." I don't like the blurred lines, but these ad-hock short concerts to plug his album feature his touring "Beach Boys."

And that's not even getting into the weird cases where they've done ostensibly "solo" or sideband shows but still wear "Beach Boys" baseball caps.

I recall all the way back to 1998 during that pro-shot gig they did for Toyota (the one where Matt is still there but Al is gone), pre-license as far as I know, and at one point Bruce almost seems to mockingly open his jacket or shirt up to reveal a "Beach Boys" shirt.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 09:57:16 AM »

nm
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 09:58:03 AM by southbay » Logged

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 04:19:46 PM »

He'll be busking in the streets in 20 years time, with an acoustic guitar, and still call himself "The Beach Boys".

I think.

What will the guitar be used for?  Perhaps, like 'the sax', it'll just be around so that someone can steal it?  But what if it, too, gets returned?  Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.    Shocked  Back to the drawing board.   Huh    Mike Love with a   Air Quotes  "guitar"... ... ...    LOL
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 07:30:44 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 04:43:03 PM »

Where have you been, Lee? Cool Guy

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
theradiantradicchio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 10:20:01 PM »

Wouldn't pay a dollar to see this live.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx