gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680553 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 04:00:40 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noel Gallagher hates Brian Wilson  (Read 19147 times)
petsoundsnola
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2017, 11:16:40 AM »

Geesh, this is a bit harsh, to say the least.

https://etcanada.com/news/276030/noel-gallagher-targets-the-beach-boys-overrated-brian-wilson-i-hate-brian-wilson/
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 11:19:19 AM »

Well,the rest of the world hates Noel Gallagher, so there's that.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 11:22:25 AM »

If it makes Noel Gallagher feel any better, I have a suspicious Brian Wilson has no idea who he is.

Keep in mind it was *20 years ago* that Liam Gallagher challenged George Harrison, Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger, and Keith Richards to a simultaneous fight. As I remember one person telling me back then, I'm pretty sure Keith Richards alone could have ripped his head off and feasted on the organs inside.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 11:25:22 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 11:26:30 AM »

I think several infamously "eccentric" rock stars have run into a wall when it comes to Brian Wilson. The stars that get off on being more eccentric than anyone else get frustrated when it comes to Brian, because Brian is more eccentric than all of them put together without even trying.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
KDS
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 11:27:03 AM »

Well, I guess he's entitled to his opinion, but it seems like yet another case of one of the Gallaghers trying to find a way to get their names in the press loooooong after their expiration date.  

But, I really don't need any other reasons to dislike Oasis.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 11:31:09 AM »

As I remember one person telling me back then, I'm pretty sure Keith Richards alone could have ripped his head off and feasted on the organs inside.

That's a hell of a visual LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 11:31:33 AM »

They were trolls even back in the 90s. Case in point: Paul McCartney, Mr. Thumbs Aloft himself, who rarely (at least publically in an interview) talks s**t about much of anyone, got so sick of the Oasis thing in the late 90s that even he was pretty blunt in eventually noting: "They're derivative and they think too much of themselves. They mean nothing to me."

That's the McCartney equivalent of telling some F-you and trashing their hotel room.

mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 11:59:14 AM »

They were trolls even back in the 90s. Case in point: Paul McCartney, Mr. Thumbs Aloft himself, who rarely (at least publically in an interview) talks s**t about much of anyone, got so sick of the Oasis thing in the late 90s that even he was pretty blunt in eventually noting: "They're derivative and they think too much of themselves. They mean nothing to me."

That's the McCartney equivalent of telling some F-you and trashing their hotel room.

I always get the feeling Noel is at the windup when it comes to Brian.  He's a big Beatles fan and a few of his own idols/mates Weller and John Squier love Brian.
Competition Clutch
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 12:22:30 PM »

He's right about Jeremy Corbyn, though, although he left out Corbyn's support for terrorists.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 12:35:56 PM »

Brendan Flowers said something similar about 10 or so years ago. Brian's response was something like "who in the hell is Brendan Flowers?"

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 12:49:34 PM »

If that SOB wants to go after anyone, why in the hell would it be Brian of all people? I could see him dumping on myKe luHv, but Brian??? Huh Huh Huh

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 12:55:07 PM »

If that SOB wants to go after anyone, why in the hell would it be Brian of all people? I could see him dumping on myKe luHv, but Brian??? Huh Huh Huh

If he went after Mike no one would bat an eye....half the people would say “Mike who?” and the other half would say “I hate him too” This is about getting attention in the media and nothing more.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2017, 01:06:14 PM »

I love them both. And I like Corbyn too.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2017, 01:26:06 PM »

And I was just listening to "Don't Look Back in Anger" on the radio this morning (and loving it too). Despite the fact that Noel and his bro are utter tools, those 1st two Oasis albums are brilliant.
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2017, 01:33:10 PM »

Noel Gallagher is an overrated wanker anyway.....
joe_blow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2017, 01:41:24 PM »

Noel has been saying things like that for years. One of his staples is that the only reason the Beach Boys were popular was because they were beside the Beatles in the record stores. I think though that the Beach Boys, at least in the US were selling records before The Beatles. He has also said Brian has something like 7 great songs and Good Vibrations is brilliant.
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2017, 01:52:43 PM »

I'll always have some sort of affection for the oasis music I grew up with.

What I've found odd is Noel criticising Brian for not "even" writing his own lyrics or words to that effect; my immediate response to that is did Noel "even" produce his own classic recordings?

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2017, 02:01:29 PM »

SMiLE Brian hates Noel Gallagher Evil

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2017, 02:08:24 PM »

What I've found odd is Noel criticising Brian for not "even" writing his own lyrics or words to that effect; my immediate response to that is did Noel "even" produce his own classic recordings?

A lot of them he did, yes.
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2017, 02:12:35 PM »

I was under the impression that he was only ever a "co producer", during the classic oasis era at least.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2017, 02:18:20 PM »

I like Oasis and even Noel’s recent solo music, and still will continue to. But it’s funny that Noel criticizes Brian about lyrics - at least Brian recognized that lyrics weren’t his strongpoint. I can’t stand Noel’s/Oasis lyrics (but love their sound), just my opinion.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2017, 02:27:22 PM »

I'm not a violent man, but I've long had a fantasy of repeatedly stamping on Noel Gallaghers head with a pair of steel toe capped Doc Martins on.

He's a talentless little sh*t weasel who should be hung, drawn and quartered for crimes against music.
Zesterz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2017, 02:34:12 PM »

Gallagher is a bad mannered, underachiever. No more than half a dozen decent tunes in his catalogue, he is barely competent to pass an opinion.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2017, 02:44:33 PM »

I was under the impression that he was only ever a "co producer", during the classic oasis era at least.

Yes. Which means he produced those songs.
Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2017, 02:45:36 PM »

No more than half a dozen decent tunes in his catalogue

He is a plageurist pure and simple. He hasn't written an original melody in his whole career.  He won't even realise he is doing it because he is a talentless little wankstain who should be boiled alive in his own excrement.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx