gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 07:49:00 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Podcast with Lead Singer of Hondells Cover of “Little Honda”  (Read 2034 times)
PrayForSurf
Smiley Smile Associate

Pray For Surf is blogged by Phil Miglioratti

View Profile WWW
« on: December 01, 2017, 03:10:05 PM »

Phil Miglioratti interviews Chuck Girard about his singing career connections to Brian Wilson and The Beach Boys.

“I Do” recording session (Castells).
“The Lord’s Prayer” missed opportunity.
Nick Venet.   Gary Usher.   “My Buddy Seat.”
The Wrecking Crew.
The Beach Boys' "Why Do Fools Fall In Love?” Session
Gary Lewis & the Playboys. Hippies-LSD-Jesus.
“Rock & Roll Preacher

http://prayforsurfblog.blogspot.com/2017/11/pray-for-surf-podcast-chuck-girard.html

“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 05:09:22 PM »

Chuck’s debut album was a great thrift store find for me even though I generally avoid Christian music. Overjoyed to see you got an interview with him, can’t wait to listen.

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
branaa09
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 06:23:09 PM »

There used to be a thread on here about a Secret Falsetto on the Little Deuce Coupe album besides Brian, it's Chuck! We now know! You can hear him on the fadeout of No Go Showboat.  Shocked
PrayForSurf
Smiley Smile Associate

Pray For Surf is blogged by Phil Miglioratti

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 11:01:50 AM »

Checked with Chuck and he indicated he was not at either the LDC or the NGS sessions.

dombanzai
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 02:33:51 PM »

There used to be a thread on here about a Secret Falsetto on the Little Deuce Coupe album besides Brian, it's Chuck! We now know! You can hear him on the fadeout of No Go Showboat.  Shocked

Chuck sang on No Go Showboat by The Timers, which featured co lead vocals by Brian and Gary Usher. Chuck has only featured on one Beach Boys track and that was Why Do Fools Fall In Love, on which he provided hand claps. On the other side of No Go, though, was the superb Competition Coupe.

There could well be a feature on Chuck in the next edition of The Ugly Things magazine.

It would have been fascinating to hear Chuck sing lead on a Beach Boys song given his nasal-sounding singing. His vocals on tracks like Little Honda, My Buddy Seat, My Little Bike and the above tracks are definitely some of the best of the surf/hot rod genre.
Rebel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 08:44:56 PM »

I rarely post - but I absolutely Love The Hondells. I love that genre of music. Hot Rod High is one of my favorite songs of all time.
Shane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 12:58:45 AM »

Many thanks for posting this!  I just listened to the entire thing.  Finally the mystery is solved of who is singing on "No Go Showboat" by the Timers. 
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx