gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 07:55:22 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Al Jardine - 2024 Tour Thread (Plus Archived 2018-2023)  (Read 174418 times)
thatjacob
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 19, 2019, 09:28:04 AM »

are we seriously getting a beach boys reunion- do you think brian will be involved, or will it be more like al & david marks joining up with mike n bruce.  or would it be more like 2012 with a mix of brian band and mike band. 
What makes you think we're getting a reunion at all?
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 19, 2019, 07:36:00 PM »

are we seriously getting a beach boys reunion- do you think brian will be involved, or will it be more like al & david marks joining up with mike n bruce.  or would it be more like 2012 with a mix of brian band and mike band. 
Just got back from the Infinity Hall show in Norfolk. I don’t think I can put into words just how incredible everything was. I attended Al’s storyteller show last year in Manhattan and the acoustics of the Infinity Hall are much better in my opinion. The performances by Al, Matt, and Jeff were incredible as always, and I’d actually say this was the best I’ve ever heard them sound. Al flubbed some lines on a few songs but that is expected and part of the charm to be honest.

Edit: Also forgot to mention that at one point during the show, Al mentioned that the Brian Wilson video biography on his daily life should be released later this year, and then mentioned a new Beach Boys video documentary that might come out in 2020. But even more exciting than that, he hinted that a tour for 2020 may be in the works, and the way he made it sound it certainly sounded like he was hinting at a reunited Beach Boys tour, ala 2012. He didn’t give any specifics, but the way he was acting and how he announced it I can only think that’s what he was hinting at. Guess we will have to wait and see.
roffels
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 21, 2019, 07:25:39 AM »

I really wanted to see Al Jardine this past tour but money was tight. I was fortunate to have won tickets to see Al Jardine's first night in Minneapolis the day of the show. I've been to quite a few Brian Wilson shows and a Beach Boys 50th anniversary show, and have to admit I enjoyed the intimacy and overall setlist to Jardine's set the most. I've been hoping to hear Surf's Up live at every show I've been to, and Al delivered.

thatjacob
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 22, 2019, 02:50:24 PM »

Just got back from the Infinity Hall show in Norfolk. I don’t think I can put into words just how incredible everything was. I attended Al’s storyteller show last year in Manhattan and the acoustics of the Infinity Hall are much better in my opinion. The performances by Al, Matt, and Jeff were incredible as always, and I’d actually say this was the best I’ve ever heard them sound. Al flubbed some lines on a few songs but that is expected and part of the charm to be honest.

Edit: Also forgot to mention that at one point during the show, Al mentioned that the Brian Wilson video biography on his daily life should be released later this year, and then mentioned a new Beach Boys video documentary that might come out in 2020. But even more exciting than that, he hinted that a tour for 2020 may be in the works, and the way he made it sound it certainly sounded like he was hinting at a reunited Beach Boys tour, ala 2012. He didn’t give any specifics, but the way he was acting and how he announced it I can only think that’s what he was hinting at. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Thanks! That's pretty exciting.
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 22, 2019, 04:12:20 PM »

No problem. Hoping for it too because I wasn’t a hardcore fan at the time.
thatjacob
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 22, 2019, 06:20:25 PM »

I was in 2012, but I was in a band that had a gig booked when the Atlanta show was announced. I should've bailed on the gig in retrospect, but it was supposed to be a pretty big show for us that ended up being a flop.
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 22, 2019, 06:50:21 PM »

I was in 2012, but I was in a band that had a gig booked when the Atlanta show was announced. I should've bailed on the gig in retrospect, but it was supposed to be a pretty big show for us that ended up being a flop.

That sucks. I knew most of hits at the time but didn’t learn more until I was given copies of all the 60’s albums except Friends. Since then I’ve drifted in and out of listening; right know I’m in and have expanded my collection more - still can’t find Friends on vinyl though.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 29, 2019, 03:57:36 PM »

Woo Hoo! Al is returning to Rams Head On Stage in Annapolis, MD on Sunday, July 28th. Tickets on sale at noon tomorrow...consider me there!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: April 30, 2019, 07:04:32 AM »

Added 7/24 and 7/28 dates to the top post schedule.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 30, 2019, 07:27:11 PM »

Got my tickets today! Woot! Hope we get "Santa Ana Winds" this time as it got into the set after I requested it to Al at the post-show meet & greet last visit!
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: May 01, 2019, 07:56:02 PM »

Saw that the shows scheduled with Carnie and Wendy have been cancelled due to a "scheduling conflict." Post indicated hope that they could be rescheduled

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 02, 2019, 04:32:11 AM »

Hope it wasn't slow ticket sales
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 02, 2019, 06:21:43 AM »

NOLA BB Fan, where did you see that post?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 06:22:52 AM by Emdeeh » Logged
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 02, 2019, 06:29:30 AM »

I saw it yesterday evening on one of Al's Facebook pages.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: May 02, 2019, 06:51:03 AM »

It'll be interesting to see if Brian show dates end up materializing in those dates originally scheduled for "Family & Friends". That would be the most obvious scheduling conflict on Al's side of things.

In the meantime, I've removed those two dates from the top post schedule, and I've also added a July 3rd benefit show Al is appearing at (David Marks is also scheduled).

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: May 28, 2019, 08:51:01 AM »

Added two 7/21 shows in Florida to the top post schedule.

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: July 24, 2019, 06:28:40 AM »

Removed the two 7/21 shows from the top post schedule, as they never took place.

Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 24, 2019, 11:57:48 AM »

Al announced some new shows a few days ago:

Oct. 24 — Solana Beach, CA -- Belly Up
Oct. 25 — San Juan Capistrano, CA -- Coach House
Oct. 27 — Hermosa Beach, CA -- St. Rocke
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: July 24, 2019, 10:51:22 PM »

Has Al ever mentioned taking this tour to the UK or Europe? think he would do quite well with a 10/12 date tour in midsize theaters particularly in London, Glasgow etc

RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 27, 2019, 11:40:33 AM »

Looking at the set, there's a few nuggets in there I've never heard ANY Beach Boy perform live...hopefully they stick around for tomorrow! Luau, Surf's Up, and Santa Ana Winds! Last year after the show I asked Al to sign my copy of "Keeping The Summer Alive" and pointed the track out to him and Matt on the back cover saying it would fit the theme of the show...next night, it was in the set and glad to see it's still there!
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 28, 2019, 07:58:33 AM »

Always liked Santa Anna Winds, the Boys had it in their set list for a short time wit KTSA came out, I have a live version of it somewhere from the DC concert from 1980. They did a good job with it live, as far as I know it hasn't been played live by them since that tour years and years ago.
marcella27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 28, 2019, 10:02:35 AM »

Has anyone been to the show and can tell me roughly how long it is?  Is there an intermission?  Anyone going to the show in Annapolis?
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 28, 2019, 11:31:26 AM »

I'll be in Annapolis tonight, I'd say it was about 2hrs last time with a free meet-and-greet to follow.
marcella27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 28, 2019, 12:19:48 PM »

I'll be in Annapolis tonight, I'd say it was about 2hrs last time with a free meet-and-greet to follow.

Thanks!
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 28, 2019, 09:02:17 PM »

Excellent show from Alan this evening! We got "Luau", "Santa Ana Winds" (YAY!), "Surf's Up" AND the "Mama Says" Wild Honey album spin on "Vegetables" after the regular cut, along with a good chunk of "Don't Fight The Sea" after someone shouted it out...but then it got really abrasive and absurd. I've never understood the fascination with shouting songs out at a performer. They've prepared a show...sit back and enjoy it, reach out before or after if you have a request/idea. Anyway- excellent set of songs and stories from Alan and the band. Meet and Greet afterwards was wonderful too. I got to thank Al for "Santa Ana Winds" and reminded him I requested it last time after the show, he said that I was one of two people there that knew it.  LOL  I also thanked him for "Surf's Up" and he was very modest but I said it's insane to even consider pulling that off with just three guys and he agreed! His wife was taking pictures this time which was a big help, but Matt Jardine was not out for photos this time.

Also, before the show Al and his wife were just strolling around out front of the venue like it was nothing! Got a wave in and then let them be, then he just strolled through the bar while it was half full stopping for high-fives and hellos...he's just such a down to earth, likeable guy. Hope he comes through again next year!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx