gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680553 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 03:08:10 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Al Jardine - 2024 Tour Thread (Plus Archived 2018-2023)  (Read 174379 times)
Gabo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 02, 2018, 01:18:50 PM »

HeyJude, sorry I was probably a little out of line. I hope others are able to look past the issues I take with forgetting lyrics onstage.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 02, 2018, 01:20:18 PM »

Al is Al and that what makes these shoes great!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2018, 04:37:32 PM »

Chalk it up to having a bad day Pal, but I also agree with Jude 100% as far as Al goes. And Jude, I couldn't have said it better myself. But let's forgive and forget and move on...we all make mistakes and go overboard at times.
Uncle Walter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 02, 2018, 05:35:03 PM »

Easter Sunday? That's a real bummer... don't think I'll be able to go now.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 03, 2018, 12:00:58 AM »

Yeah but Easter Sunday unfortunately! Going to have to do some fancy talking to talk my way out of Easter dinner with my wife and family
Yep. :D Who cares about boring dinner with fam when Al Jardine stops by? 3D It can wait but this may be exclusive Al tour, just this year. Then you must go!

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
jawilsh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 03, 2018, 02:48:12 AM »

Yeah but Easter Sunday unfortunately! Going to have to do some fancy talking to talk my way out of Easter dinner with my wife and family
Yep. :D Who cares about boring dinner with fam when Al Jardine stops by? 3D It can wait but this may be exclusive Al tour, just this year. Then you must go!

Am in the same boat. This is a no go for me. Was really hoping for the weekend before.
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 03, 2018, 05:40:15 AM »

Me too
Zargo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 03, 2018, 05:06:27 PM »

I hope he plays "Battle hymn of the Republic" on Easter Sunday (not that I'll be there).
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2018, 10:47:10 AM »

For those in the NY/NJ area Al's City Winery show on April 1 just went up on their site, limited ticket sales now, full open sales shortly. Would have loved to have gone, but Sunday night at 8:00 is really tough, considering travel distance for me, not to mention it's Easter Sunday and would mess a little with travel pans. Was really hoping he has picked the open Saturday in March, but oh well, I think this will  be a great show. Enjoy whoever goes!
myonlysunshine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 08, 2018, 01:34:37 PM »

Full sale is going on right now (and has been for the past hour and a half). I got my tickets. Greatly looking forward to this! Grin
jawilsh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 09, 2018, 03:09:06 AM »

For those in the NY/NJ area Al's City Winery show on April 1 just went up on their site, limited ticket sales now, full open sales shortly. Would have loved to have gone, but Sunday night at 8:00 is really tough, considering travel distance for me, not to mention it's Easter Sunday and would mess a little with travel pans. Was really hoping he has picked the open Saturday in March, but oh well, I think this will  be a great show. Enjoy whoever goes!

With on this. The selected date was a huge disappointment. I was also hoping for that open Saturday date.
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2018, 05:28:42 PM »

Booked VIP seating for me and my wife for the April 2nd show at the City Winery in Chicago! VERY excited! Grin

My wife and I are 22 and 23 years old respectfully so I imagine we'll probably be amongst the youngest couples there.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 05:29:33 PM by SamMcK » Logged
beatle608
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2018, 03:39:51 PM »

Booked VIP seating for me and my wife for the April 2nd show at the City Winery in Chicago! VERY excited! Grin

My wife and I are 22 and 23 years old respectfully so I imagine we'll probably be amongst the youngest couples there.

If my girlfriend was able to attend, we'd be matched!

Brian introduced The Little Girl I Once Knew by saying that the first two notes sounded "Chinese," but not to worry because the rest of the song was "American."    
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2018, 05:06:50 PM »

If my girlfriend was able to attend, we'd be matched!

That's cool if you're still able to go to one of the show's though. I love that The Beach Boys have such a wide demographic of hardcore fans. Cool Guy

I've relocated from the UK to the midwest in the past year so I feel pretty damn lucky to get to go to one of these shows in the first place!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 05:12:37 PM by SamMcK » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: February 16, 2018, 06:40:37 AM »

Anybody confirmed to make it to Al's show tomorrow?

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2018, 03:10:23 PM »

I’ll be there

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 17, 2018, 05:30:03 PM »

I’ll be there
Great; hope to hear the details tomorrow!

I just got my ticket for 4/1 NYC.   Smokin
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2018, 08:36:31 AM »

Good show last night. No surprises or additions, however. No Santa Ana Winds, San Simeon, et al. 500 seat theater, about 75% full. As usual Matt and Al sound great together. Also had a brief meet and greet after the show, photos taken by Mary Ann Jardine. The show is adsolutely worth your time and effort to see, just don't go expecting any deep cuts with the exception of Vegetables and Lookin at Tomorrow

B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 18, 2018, 08:54:00 AM »

Does Al address the origins of Lookin' At Tomorrow?

Every wave is new until it breaks.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2018, 09:52:35 AM »

I attended Al's show last night in AG, California (thanks to promoter Eric Long for the tickets). I live about 20 mins from the venue so it was convenient. I thought it was a good show, Matt and AL"s (and their keyboardist)vocals were excellent. Their ability to pull of God Only Knows in particular was impressive. Al isn't really suited to be the focus of an entire concert but despite that he provided a fun evening of music and casual banter with his stage mates and the audience. I was struck by how old the average attendee was at this show. I'm 60 and I'd say 75% of the crowd were much older than.me. It trends the opposite of The Beach Boys and Brian shows I've seen where the surprise is usually that there are so many young people in the crowd. Not last night. There were far more canes and walkers than there were piercings and tattoos. The one void for me was that Al refused to play any guitar solos, even simple things like the intro to Surfin USA and the little quick solo in Help Me Rhonda both of which he can easily pull off. He just left them out. I also laughed when it came to the bridge of Surfer Girl and he forgot to sing the first half,I felt like he was so used to Brian singing that bridge section hat he forgot Brian wasn't there. Overall I had fun and I think Al did too.
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 19, 2018, 09:43:48 AM »

Based on pictures I saw on Facebook, looks like the merch stand has a new digipak version of the Postcards CD. Did anyone buy one/can comment on it? I’m assuming there’s nothing new contest-wise, unless Al prepped yet another mix of “Waves Of Love.”

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: February 19, 2018, 10:04:49 AM »

Based on pictures I saw on Facebook, looks like the merch stand has a new digipak version of the Postcards CD. Did anyone buy one/can comment on it? I’m assuming there’s nothing new contest-wise, unless Al prepped yet another mix of “Waves Of Love.”

The 2012 reissue came in a digipak. The recent pics could be that same version.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 19, 2018, 11:12:54 AM »

The 2012 reissue came in a digipak. The recent pics could be that same version.

Ah yes, very likely. My mistake.

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 19, 2018, 07:36:41 PM »

Does Al address the origins of Lookin' At Tomorrow?
Yes, he did. Said he wanted to try his hand st writing a real folk song and that it is about blues singer Bessie Smith

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: February 20, 2018, 06:35:27 AM »

Just a possible explanation for the lack of new additions to the setlist: The 2/17 show was a one-off floating in between other more closely-compacted strings of dates. Artists are often more able to vary the setlist when they're regularly on tour and have more rehearsal/soundcheck time to mess around with the setlist.

So it's at least possible we'll see a bit more in the way of changes when Al does his March/April run of dates.

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx