gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:23:27 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Al Jardine Solo Concert Series  (Read 10644 times)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2017, 07:04:53 AM »

I started another thread, as I've done for the last several Brian tours, detailing specific tour dates and other tour information as it becomes available:

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,25616.0.html

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2017, 08:15:19 AM »

The Two River theater in Red Bank NJ would be a great site as well, small intimate, where Bruce Springsteen filmed his Story Teller show.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2017, 08:34:08 AM »

Would love to see this, hopeful he adds some California dates.  I will say that I was lucky enough to see Al's solo show at the Roxy (although he had a full band with him, including B. Hinsche and Matt) just before the C50 kickoff in 2012.  Its not hyperbole to say it was one of the best BB related concerts I have ever seen

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2017, 12:24:23 PM »

I also was fortunate enough to see Al and his Beach Band at Six Flags Great Adventure concert about 10+ years ago in Jackson NJ.  Interesting in that there were maybe 100 people in attendance in an arena....but they rocked! And we got to stand up front directly in front of the band. Great show!
GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2017, 02:54:44 PM »

Chalk me up as another guy in NJ who would see this...ten times!!! (as I've stated on Facebook and elsewhere).

I've always wanted Al to do something like this and I can only hope many more shows are added.
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2017, 04:48:24 PM »

Let's throw some song titles out that we think would work well with a two-voice, one-guitar arrangement. I'm looking less at simply my own "wish list", but more a list of what seems plausible that Al would pick and could in this setting/arrangement, with some degree of emphasis on "Al-centric" songs:

Take A Load Off Your Feet
Lookin' at Tomorrow
Santa Ana Winds
Wake the World
A Postcard from California
California Dreamin' (Postcards arrangement)
California Saga: California
Island Girl
All This Is That
Out In the Country
Add Some Music to Your Day
Our Sweet Love
Feel Flows
Vegetables

We can also look at his 2014 Rubin NYC gig, where it was a group of acoustic instruments, to get a possible idea of what he might do:

Transcendental Meditation
TM Song
At My Window
Wake The World
A Postcard From California
Sail On Sailor - w/ Blondie & Paul Shaffer
Waves Of Love
Help Me, Rhonda
Cabinessence
Where Have All The Flowers Gone - w/ Blondie on piano
So Long It's Been Good To Know You - w/ Blondie on piano
Barbara Ann (by request) - w/ Blondie on backing vocals
Great thoughts. A mix of these would be amazing!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2017, 06:32:05 PM »

For anyone in the area, it looks like he might be warming up with a song or two this Saturday in LA.

http://argonautnews.com/the-season-of-light/

The Kenneth Brian Band, featuring drummer Steve Ferrone and rhythm guitarist Scott Thurston (both members of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers), headline the event with Beach Boys founding member Al Jardine stopping by for a guest performance. Sultry jazz vocalist Apryll Aileen and Santa Monica-based wunderkind violinist Kiev Morales round out the musical lineup.
Stephen W. Desper
Honored Guest

Maintain Dynamics - Keep Peaks below 100%

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2017, 10:29:10 AM »

COMMENT:  Al's voice is just as good now as it was 40 years ago.  He is an amazing singer. Matt is too.  Many years ago he tried a solo act in Beach Boys Family and Friends.  It was just as good as the current Mike and Bruce act.  So I know he can pull it off. And with the help of Matt, there are many songs in the Beach Boy roster that will sound wonderful.  Beach Boy Family and Friends was the act that took Al and Mike to court over the use of the Beach Boy brand. At that time, Mike was also touring as "the Beach Boys" which caused quite a mess when both acts appeared one year at the same time in Las Vegas.  Mike won that case and became "the Beach Boys."  Since then, Alan has been a great talent looking for an act. Maybe this time he has found the formula. Let us hope!!  ~swd
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2017, 05:19:00 AM »

Bravo!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2017, 07:18:34 AM »

COMMENT:  Al's voice is just as good now as it was 40 years ago.  He is an amazing singer. Matt is too.  Many years ago he tried a solo act in Beach Boys Family and Friends.  It was just as good as the current Mike and Bruce act.  So I know he can pull it off. And with the help of Matt, there are many songs in the Beach Boy roster that will sound wonderful.  Beach Boy Family and Friends was the act that took Al and Mike to court over the use of the Beach Boy brand. At that time, Mike was also touring as "the Beach Boys" which caused quite a mess when both acts appeared one year at the same time in Las Vegas.  Mike won that case and became "the Beach Boys."  Since then, Alan has been a great talent looking for an act. Maybe this time he has found the formula. Let us hope!!  ~swd

I really hope so and I hope some east coast dates get added. This sounds like such a great idea.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2017, 06:44:44 AM »

A UK tour would be cool. If just a few dates.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2017, 06:25:38 PM »

I am envious towards people who're going to see these. It must be fun! 3D

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
theradiantradicchio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2017, 09:36:41 PM »

He probably won't be coming to Brazil with this tour, so, I can only wish a great concert for the people who's able to attend.
DisneySpirit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2017, 10:27:14 AM »

Here's hopin' he has an audience to go see him. 

Got my tickets for Phoenix January 29th 3rd row center! Can't wait! Grin
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2017, 10:56:48 AM »

If you're able to, please capture as much of the show as you can on video/audio. Should be quite interesting....

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2017, 02:57:46 PM »

If you're able to, please capture as much of the show as you can on video/audio. Should be quite interesting....

The MIM Music Theater (the Phoenix venue) is clear on their site that photography and videography are not allowed. It's just a 300 seat arena so it would seem that policy would be fairly easy to enforce. Not worth the worry of ejection for me. I'll have a pocket camera but imagine it'll stay pocketed until the very end, if it gets used at all.  
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 02:58:51 PM by SonoraDick » Logged
VW_Paul
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2017, 04:14:38 PM »

The MIM Music Theater (the Phoenix venue) is clear on their site that photography and videography are not allowed. It's just a 300 seat arena so it would seem that policy would be fairly easy to enforce. Not worth the worry of ejection for me. I'll have a pocket camera but imagine it'll stay pocketed until the very end, if it gets used at all.  

If you have a smartphone, get one of those audio recording apps (There's a good free one by Sony that records lossless) and just start the recording before you walk into the venue and keep it in your pocket and you'll get a decent audio recording, it'll be a bit muffled but with a bit EQ-ing it'll sound fine.
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2017, 04:45:38 PM »

Didn't Ray Manzarek do a similar tour about 20 years ago?

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
Scotts Up
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2018, 01:16:03 PM »

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,25616.0.html
[/quote]

Hello, I have an extra ticket for Al's show in Annapolis (Rams Head Tavern) on March 27.  I will offer it at my cost, no mark-up.  If interested, email me at sep2958@gmail.com.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx