gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:33:38 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smiley Smile 2012 remaster out of print?  (Read 1152 times)
Lego_My_Ego
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2018, 01:37:20 PM »

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting in this board. I've always liked the Beach Boys' music but lately I've been getting more and more into them after having bought Pet Sounds and the Smile Sessions; I've found that my favorite period of theirs is the late 60s and 70s, as the group increasingly became more democratic and their releases became collections of their own songs peppered with remnants of the Smile project and fantastic Brian originals.

As such I want to buy the "Sunshine Tomorrow" compilation to continue my collection; since that set doesn't include the complete Smiley Smile album (which huge Smile fan as I am I'm certainly interested in owning!) I started to look into what was the best version of the album on CD; general consensus seems to be that the 2012 remaster which included the album's first true stereo mix is the one. Funny thing is, all the other releases in that series are readily available except for seemingly Smiley Smile! Why is this release out of print, does it mean Capitol is preparing another set for it like "Sunshine Tomorrow" meaning that I should wait for that or is it down to the fact that it's a somewhat neglected part of the BB story?
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx