gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 12:38:59 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Al Jardine Interview 2017  (Read 1299 times)
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2017, 05:26:43 AM »

https://www.renesteenbergen.nl/al-jardine-engels

I don't know if this article was posted earlier, but I thought it was interesting because of this...

"After the bittersweet ending of the Beach Boys-reunion in 2012, when fellow founder Mike Love announced that he would be continuing with his own, more compact version of the band, that seems a matter of “when hell freezes over”. But according to Jardine you’ll never know. “Stranger things have happened in the music world. And definitely in the world of The Beach Boys!” However: there’s no concrete plans for the future at this moment. Al: “I have no idea what we’ll do next. We could easily do a live performance of the entire Friends album. That would be nice. But I don’t know. Most people want to hear the hits, like Mike Love is doing with his version of The Beach Boys. There would be no point for us to do the same thing as Mike, so we have to be a little more creative. We’ll see what happens. I have a few ideas for a new solo-album, although I’m now so used to Brian's band that I doubt that I can match that as a solo-artist. Maybe I could steal them away!”"

So the possibility of another solo album from Al

And...I know it's really unlikely that we see another C50-type tour but still found the quote interesting.  Maybe they're starting to tolerate one another again? Now this and Mike's talk about the tree lighting for a reunion, though that'd be really underwhelming, means that there's been several ideas tossed around publicly if not among the band.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx