gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 12:00:44 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jimmy Buffett-Eagles tour 2018  (Read 4135 times)
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2017, 06:00:35 PM »

Ultimateclassicrock has reported, along with several other websites that the Eagles and Jimmy Buffett are working on creating a joint tour for 2018. 

I like the sound of this.  I just hope that they come near me and the tickets aren't thousands of dollars (you know, because Eagles tickets are always expensive). 

Somewhat off-topic, but I'm assuming Deacon Frey and Vince Gill are full members of the Eagles right?  Some websites report they are, while others report them as touring members.  I don't think that Vince Gill, being an extremely big country star, and Deacon Frey, being Glenn Frey's son, would be labelled as "touring members."
KDS
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 05:20:45 AM »

The only bad thing about these double headline shows is that you tend to get short sets from each artist.  When I saw Alice Cooper and Deep Purple this summer, each band played for just over an hour. 

And in this case, I'd like to see full sets by each band.   I've seen Buffett before, and he does a great show.  I'm kicking myself for not going to see The Eagles two or three years ago.

All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 06:09:16 AM »

The only bad thing about these double headline shows is that you tend to get short sets from each artist.  When I saw Alice Cooper and Deep Purple this summer, each band played for just over an hour. 

And in this case, I'd like to see full sets by each band.   I've seen Buffett before, and he does a great show.  I'm kicking myself for not going to see The Eagles two or three years ago.

Good point KDS.  You're right about Jimmy Buffett; his shows are awesome.  Would've been nice to see the Eagles beforehand, but at least they're still around (other than Glenn).  Wish Bernie Leadon was still there like a couple years ago.
KDS
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 06:12:37 AM »

Good point KDS.  You're right about Jimmy Buffett; his shows are awesome.  Would've been nice to see the Eagles beforehand, but at least they're still around (other than Glenn).  Wish Bernie Leadon was still there like a couple years ago.

I wonder if they'd consider bringing Leadon back to have another classic member in the lineup. 

Despite the shorter sets, if the price is decent, I'd probably get a ticket to a Buffett / Eagles show.   If they do tour together, I hope Buffett fills his setlist with more of his laid back, country inspired 70s material, which seems more in tune with The Eagles than the Island / trop rock he evolved into (which I do like also, but not as much as his 70s stuff) 
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 07:36:15 AM »

I wonder if they'd consider bringing Leadon back to have another classic member in the lineup. 

Despite the shorter sets, if the price is decent, I'd probably get a ticket to a Buffett / Eagles show.   If they do tour together, I hope Buffett fills his setlist with more of his laid back, country inspired 70s material, which seems more in tune with The Eagles than the Island / trop rock he evolved into (which I do like also, but not as much as his 70s stuff) 

Since Henley has most of the control now that Glenn's gone, I'm guessing it was his choice not to include Leadon.  I hope the tickets aren't bad either, but since the Eagles love to charge hundreds, I'm expecting tickets to be $1500  Grin
KDS
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 07:40:17 AM »

Since Henley has most of the control now that Glenn's gone, I'm guessing it was his choice not to include Leadon.  I hope the tickets aren't bad either, but since the Eagles love to charge hundreds, I'm expecting tickets to be $1500  Grin

The Eagles high prices are what kept me from seeing them a couple summers ago.  Buffett tends to be a cheaper show, so I'll be interested to see what the face value is for this tour. 

I think Buffett has been doing Take It Easy this summer, so maybe he'll come out and sing it with The Eagles. 
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 08:53:10 AM »

The Eagles high prices are what kept me from seeing them a couple summers ago.  Buffett tends to be a cheaper show, so I'll be interested to see what the face value is for this tour. 

I think Buffett has been doing Take It Easy this summer, so maybe he'll come out and sing it with The Eagles. 

I wonder if they'd do an encore together
KDS
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 08:55:09 AM »

I wonder if they'd do an encore together

I would hope so.  If they're doing a double bill which would result in smaller setlists, an Eagles / Buffett encore would add some extra incentive. 
KDS
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 05:27:07 AM »

I do remember reading that the Eagles / Buffett pairing would likely be for a select few dates. 

That's further backed up by the notification I got this morning of The Eagles playing with James Taylor at Nationals Park in Washington, DC.
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 06:49:18 AM »

I am a fairly big Eagles fan, and I really haven't warmed up to a post-Frey configuration.  But a Buffett/Eagles double bill would be of interest.
KDS
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 06:55:46 AM »

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/eagles-2018-tour/

It looks like The Eagles are doing four dates with Buffett, two with James Taylor, and one with Chris Stapleton, with the remaining shows billed an "An Evening With The Eagles." 
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 07:32:13 AM »

Eagles tour schedule 2018:

American Express® Card Members will have the opportunity to purchase tickets before the general public beginning Tuesday, November 28 at 10 AM.  Additional presale opportunities will be available beginning Thursday, November 30. A full listing of tour dates can be found below.

The following “Evening with the Eagles” arena concerts are scheduled for:
Wed Mar 14              Chicago, IL                            United Center
Fri Mar 23                 Nashville, TN                       Bridgestone Arena
Thu May 10               Vancouver, BC                     Rogers Arena
Sun Jul 15                 Toronto, ON                         Air Canada Center
Fri Jul 20                  Boston, MA                           TD Garden

The Eagles and Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band will perform the following concerts:
Sat Apr 14        Orlando, FL            Camping World Stadium
Sat Apr 21        Miami, FL            Hard Rock Stadium
Thu Jun 28        Denver, CO            Coors Field
Sat Jun 30        Minneapolis, MN        Target Field

The Eagles and James Taylor & His All-Star Band will perform the following concerts:
Thu Jul 26        Washington, DC        Nationals Park
Sat Jul 28        Philadelphia, PA        Citizens Bank Park

The Eagles with special guest Chris Stapleton will perform the following concert:
Sat Jun 23        Dallas, TX        AT&T Stadium

All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2017, 07:34:07 AM »

I am a fairly big Eagles fan, and I really haven't warmed up to a post-Frey configuration.  But a Buffett/Eagles double bill would be of interest.

Juice Brohnston and KDS, are Deacon and Vince Gill full members of the group?  It seems that some places refer to them as touring members and others as official members.  I'm assuming they'd be full members, right?
KDS
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2017, 07:39:22 AM »

Juice Brohnston and KDS, are Deacon and Vince Gill full members of the group?  It seems that some places refer to them as touring members and others as official members.  I'm assuming they'd be full members, right?

I'm not 100%.   I'd think at least Deacon Frey would be enlisted as a full member. 
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2017, 08:17:24 AM »

I'm not 100%.   I'd think at least Deacon Frey would be enlisted as a full member. 

Yeah I'd think so but they're being a little secretive about it, if that's the right word.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx