gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680715 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 12:25:01 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian records Weezer tribute featuring Al and... Mike???  (Read 2050 times)
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2017, 07:09:59 AM »

http://www.breakingnews247.net/5a0481339c08d/brian-wilson-pens-answer-song-to-weezer-s-beach-boys.html

Al's facebook page just shared this. Don't know anything else about it yet, but that line about Mike is VERY interesting.

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 07:24:50 AM »

It's a joke. This is how the site describes itself: "This website is an entertainment website, news are created by users. These are humourous news, fantasy, fictional, that should not be seriously taken or as a source of information".

Every wave is new until it breaks.
bonnevillemariner
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 08:44:42 AM »

I was a little thrown when I saw this earlier because Al himself linked to it in a tweet. But the website name (breakingnews247) was fishy, the Brian "quotes" seemed out of character and the "lyrics" were ridiculous (almost as ridiculous as the lyrics in the actual Weezer tribute to the Boys).

Gotta say, though, the notion that Mike and Brian would collaborate on something-- albeit super indirectly-- excited me-- especially since the next story in my feed was a new Mike interview in which he reiterates a willingness to collaborate again.

The article, btw, of course conflates the Beach Boys with Mike's new solo compilation.  Two stupid pieces, two minutes of my life I won't get back.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 09:45:05 AM »

I think it's from a parody site similar to the Onion

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 09:53:58 AM »

Well that was better than today's Sunday funnies in the paper  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx