gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:09:00 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question about how tracks are broken up on live concert albums (digital)  (Read 1268 times)
Scaroline No
« on: November 10, 2017, 03:20:41 PM »

I'm making a compilation of BB live tracks from the officially released concert albums (purchased from iTunes), and I'm just wondering if anyone here knows why tracks on a live album are often broken up in such a way that the intro to the next song is at the end of the previous one. It's not true in every case, but it's common enough that there must be a reason for it. Why not break the tracks up so that each song is sort of self-contained with its own intro/stage banter and subsequent applause/thanks?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 03:22:00 PM by SCaroline Z » Logged
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 12:46:00 PM »

Why not break the tracks up so that each song is sort of self-contained with its own intro/stage banter and subsequent applause/thanks?

I agree. That would certainly make more sense. The "logic" behind doing it otherwise I suppose is that you launch straight into the music. But surely anyone buying a live album wants to hear that banter----it's all part of the performance. It makes as little sense to me as it does to you. Grin 

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx