gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680813 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 05:14:49 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kinda OT, But Not Really.  (Read 1183 times)
petsite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2006, 03:47:10 PM »

As we all know from following the BBs, addiction is a bitch to kick and can sometimes come back to slap you on your butt just when you think that it will never happen again. A case in point:

Robin Williams Seeks Help for Alcoholism
'Found Himself Drinking Again' After 20 Sober Years
Reuters
LOS ANGELES (Aug. 9) - Comedian and Oscar-winning actor Robin Williams has entered treatment for alcohol abuse after being sober for 20 years, his publicist said on Wednesday.

Williams, 55, "found himself drinking again" after two decades of sobriety and "has decided to take proactive measures to deal with this for his own well-being and the well-being of his family," spokeswoman Mara Buxbaum said in a statement.

"He asks that you respect his and his family's privacy during this time," she said, adding, "He looks forward to returning to work this fall to support his upcoming film releases."

Besides "The Night Listener," which opened last week and stars Williams as a radio host who becomes involved with a young listener who claims to be a child-abuse victim, the actor has three more movies set to hit theaters this year.

He plays another talk show host who runs for president in the upcoming film "Man of the Year," due out in October, supplies the voice of a penguin in the polar cartoon "Happy Feet," set for November, and co-stars with Ben Stiller and Owen Williams in the comedy "Night at the Museum," due in December.

Williams, who once incorporated jokes about his bouts with excessive drinking into his stand-up comedy routines, became a household name as the star of the 1970s sitcom "Mork & Mindy" and went on to a successful film career.

He received Academy Award nominations for his dramatic lead roles in "Good Morning, Vietnam," "Dead Poets Society" and "The Fisher King" and clinched the Oscar as best supporting actor in "Good Will Hunting."

Scary Stuff.............
Wilsonista
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 04:30:30 PM »

I'm a huge Williams fan. I'm sad to hear that he's fallen off the wagon. I wish him well in his recovery.
petsite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 06:07:55 PM »

Posted by: RobMac
Insert Quote
I'm a huge Williams fan. I'm sad to hear that he's fallen off the wagon. I wish him well in his recovery.

Me too. I love the guy. Hope its goes well. I think it should. When you enter on your own vs being thrown into rehab, it usually means you are taking control.

BTW, anyone else but me watch the A&E show called Intervention? Pretty harsh!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx