gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 07:39:39 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Great unexpected BB moment . . .  (Read 2182 times)
BubbaFide
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2017, 01:26:37 PM »

At local bar here in Seattle (Loretta's), on my birthday (Oct 21st).

Given I am going through a divorce, and life transition, this is not really where I would have liked to be on my birthday - a rainy Saturday.   

However, the bar is a quintessential awesome dive bar here in Seattle.   It is the place where you may hear some classic rock from the 70's but mostly a lot of 80s music, or even rap - and known for serving the 4th greatest hamburger in the US.  (look it up)

I was with a group of guys enjoying the adult beverage and burgers, talking sports, and staying dry, and trying to block-out the rap and hip hop, etc, when GOK (of all songs!) followed by SJB comes on the sound system, back-to-back.    I have no explanations as to why, no one I was with knows I like the BB.  I can only assume the radio Gods somewhere smiled down upon me for a few minutes on my birthday.    Still, I smiled deep inside.    I can't tell you how nice it was to hear those familiar sounds in and unexpected moment  . . . Sometime I forget just how good those  tunes are -

When the french horn came on, I told the guy I was sitting with, "shhh - I love this song."   He listens, then says, "Oh ya,  this is great stuff - this is the Beach Boys, right? "
Me "Damn Right!" 

acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 01:40:05 PM »

"God Only Knows", pretty much the best song ever.
Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 04:18:25 PM »

Sorry to hear you're going through a rough patch.  I'll bet Brian would be thrilled his work has offered you solice.

I'm raising a pint for your birthday as I type  Smiley
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 04:24:40 AM »

That's why God made the radio!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 05:06:06 AM »

Sorry to hear you're going through a rough patch.  I'll bet Brian would be thrilled his work has offered you solace.

I'm raising a pint for your birthday as I type  Smiley

Good call, HV. :=)

I'll be doing that later. And to wish BubbaFide better times (they'll be here before you know it, BF).

That's why God made the radio!

Damn right that's why.  Grin

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx