gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:54:55 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2017 copyright extension release details?  (Read 39075 times)
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 08, 2017, 04:30:33 PM »

A wonderful Holiday gift for the fans!

Mini review from Rolling Stone:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/beach-boys-unearth-rare-studio-live-tracks-w513652

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2017, 06:35:18 PM »

Hope this doesn't hinder the sells of "Unleash The Love"!

LOL LOL LOL LOL

The choice being similar to this:

Versus this:

LMAO!!   LOL LOL LOL LOL w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t!

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2017, 06:57:07 PM »

Downloaded this morning, nowhere near getting thru all of it, but I am very happy to have these collections. Thanks to Mark and Alan for making this project happen!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2017, 08:01:10 PM »

The version of Barbara Ann here is freaking awesome...sounds like something from the White Album

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2017, 08:09:10 PM »

The version of Barbara Ann here is freaking awesome...sounds like something from the White Album

Yeah! My first thought was, "they could have had ANOTHER hit with this!" LOL
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 08:14:22 PM by B.E. » Logged

Every wave is new until it breaks.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2017, 08:24:14 PM »

I was thinking "no way can this be 1967...someone spliced something in from 1977" the first two times I heard it LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2017, 06:49:41 AM »

So cool to hear the run throughs of "Whistle In" and "Lord's Prayer" in the Hawaii rehearsals! Although not much there vocally on the latter, it's awesome to hear Brian recalling the arrangement in it's entirety as indicated by the organ run through.

Also fascinating to hear a still very-Pet Soundsy-sounding Brian take a stab at the lead on "Wouldn't It Be Nice", only to give up a few lines in.

Wonder why no one interjected with a "f*ck that Brian, you gotta sing it! you sound great!".
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 06:50:14 AM by seltaeb1012002 » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 09, 2017, 07:22:13 AM »

I was thinking "no way can this be 1967...someone spliced something in from 1977" the first two times I heard it LOL
The prototype for Love You was in 1967! Cool

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: December 09, 2017, 08:42:20 AM »

Yeah pretty much

Seagull Merlin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 09, 2017, 09:06:11 AM »

I'm loving the sets! One question if anyone may know the answer, why is the acapella for little pad starting on the hawaiian song section and the "sure would like to have a little pad" part?
All Summer Long
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 09, 2017, 02:27:22 PM »

Sorry if this has been posted before (I read most of the thread but might have missed something).  Will this ever be released in CD format?  And if not, does anyone know if you can copy it onto a blank CD or is it protected?  I don't want to make copies for friends or anything, I just still like to have actual CDs that I can play on my stereo.  I am technologically impaired.

And THANK YOU to the people who got this to happen.   

It's digital-only, as most of the "Copyright Extension" sets since 2013 have been.

You can take the downloaded tracks and burn a CD, yes. You can do that in iTunes, and surely many other programs as well. Having you own backup physical copy makes total sense.

Hey Jude or anyone else, is there any way to burn a disc from Spotify Premium or Amazon's music library?
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 09, 2017, 05:54:16 PM »

Yeah pretty much
Funny how AGD's every "theory: about the BBs has been proven wrong with these releases.... Roll Eyes

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 09, 2017, 06:49:59 PM »

Sorry if this has been posted before (I read most of the thread but might have missed something).  Will this ever be released in CD format?  And if not, does anyone know if you can copy it onto a blank CD or is it protected?  I don't want to make copies for friends or anything, I just still like to have actual CDs that I can play on my stereo.  I am technologically impaired.

And THANK YOU to the people who got this to happen.   

It's digital-only, as most of the "Copyright Extension" sets since 2013 have been.

You can take the downloaded tracks and burn a CD, yes. You can do that in iTunes, and surely many other programs as well. Having you own backup physical copy makes total sense.

Hey Jude or anyone else, is there any way to burn a disc from Spotify Premium or Amazon's music library?

If by Amazon’s music library you mean streaming service I don’t think you can (and neither from any streaming service like Apple Music or Spotify). If you do want to make a CD copy it’d probably be worth it to buy the album from iTunes or Amazon digital downloading service.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 09, 2017, 10:29:40 PM »

Yeah pretty much
Funny how AGD's every "theory: about the BBs has been proven wrong with these releases.... Roll Eyes

You gotta explain this one to me...
jamesellaby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2017, 02:32:49 AM »

Is there anywhere you can buy Live Sunshine in the UK apart from iTunes? I was happy to do it from there, but not when you have to buy each track separately for Ł0.99 each! Price aside, it would take hours!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 10, 2017, 07:32:32 AM »

Yeah pretty much

Just BW not running the band after SMiLE and Carl being in charge. Plus the Hawaiian shows being total disasters instead of merely being a bit off....

“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 10, 2017, 10:18:55 AM »

I’m fascinated by the organ riff that leads into the recording of the “Gettin’ Hungry” track. Thankful we get to hear little things like this.

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2017, 10:26:22 AM »

Yeah pretty much

Just BW not running the band after SMiLE and Carl being in charge. Plus the Hawaiian shows being total disasters instead of merely being a bit off....

Just a little thing called having ears can tell you that Brian was in charge till Friends.  I was suprised it was a revelation to anyone.
Competition Clutch
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2017, 11:46:28 AM »

Any thoughts on why the boys can't make it through many of the live songs without giggling at the lyrics or the songs?  Particularly the author of many of the lyrics.
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2017, 09:40:53 PM »

I think it was that wacky tabacky...  Cool Guy
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 10, 2017, 10:34:53 PM »

One thing that has always bugged me is the fact that the group didn't seem to take their concert performances seriously in the 60's. Sure, they had some great moments. and were a great live group when they wanted to be. But if you listen to the "A Vocal Element" bootleg, somebody is always laughing or making a joke, or even talking during a song. It seems like they didn't really become a serious concert act until Blondie and Ricky joined the group.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 10:35:59 PM by Jay » Logged

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2017, 09:35:14 AM »

One thing that has always bugged me is the fact that the group didn't seem to take their concert performances seriously in the 60's. Sure, they had some great moments. and were a great live group when they wanted to be. But if you listen to the "A Vocal Element" bootleg, somebody is always laughing or making a joke, or even talking during a song. It seems like they didn't really become a serious concert act until Blondie and Ricky joined the group.

This has always frustrated me too. I wonder how common this was for groups of that particular era.
Competition Clutch
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2017, 11:01:54 AM »

I wonder if the banter of the Beatles' movies of the '60s, the legacy of the Jan & Dean approach, and the popularity of The Monkees TV show pushed them in this direction and the humor was the contemporary version of hip.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 11:06:11 AM by Competition Clutch » Logged
Aomdiddlywalla
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2017, 12:18:02 PM »

This video is not available.....😥
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2017, 12:37:00 PM »

I just had a super odd flash of what it would be like to hear the Surfin' '92 version performed live in the Lei'd in Hawaii arrangement.  

Or for that matter, the entire Summer in Paradise album done in the Lei'd in Hawaii arrangement.  

I need some fresh air.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 12:41:24 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx