gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:33:02 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson - 2018 Tour Thread  (Read 272511 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1100 on: December 23, 2018, 04:48:14 PM »

Brian playing This Could be the Night on the keyboard before a show while Al looks on

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: December 24, 2018, 07:12:54 AM »

This makes my heart smile.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrtKBHKngbD/

I know it's probably nothing but maybe a possible contender for the Rock 'n Roll album?

I came here to see if anyone had posted this. What a moment.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: December 24, 2018, 09:32:30 AM »

I know it's probably nothing but maybe a possible contender for the Rock 'n Roll album?

Something like this really makes me realize and remember why Brian Wilson is so special. I think I've said this before, but I would love more than anything to have an entire album of just Brian, with only his voice and piano. Hell, it doesn't even need to be recorded professionally.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: December 24, 2018, 10:19:57 AM »

Something like this really makes me realize and remember why Brian Wilson is so special. I think I've said this before, but I would love more than anything to have an entire album of just Brian, with only his voice and piano. Hell, it doesn't even need to be recorded professionally.

I know quite a few people here have mentioned how they would love Rick Rubin to produce a BW album...give it that same feel as his Johnny Cash work. I don't think this is something Brian would even be willing to try and do, and I don't think it would work even if it did happen. But the idea of Brian with minimal but tasteful production is nice to think about. The IJWMFTTs soundtrack is probably the closest we'll get to something like that, I just wish we had a newer version now that Brian's vocals are sounding much better than that era.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 10:36:21 AM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1104 on: December 24, 2018, 10:28:08 AM »

That’s honestly my dream project for Brian

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: December 24, 2018, 11:03:00 AM »

I know quite a few people here have mentioned how they would love Rick Rubin to produce a BW album...give it that same feel as his Johnny Cash work. I don't think this is something Brian would even be willing to try and do, and I don't think it would work even if it did happen. But the idea of Brian with minimal but tasteful production is nice to think about. The IJWMFTTs soundtrack is probably the closest we'll get to something like that, I just wish we had a newer version now that Brian's vocals are sounding much better than that era.
Think about this for a moment; GIOMH is Brian half assing his way through a pretty lousy album. But Brian can still half ass it through something like his "home grown" version of "Heaven" and have the results be breathtaking. He just needs to be doing material that he wants and likes to sing.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Clinton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: December 24, 2018, 11:24:26 AM »

I'm not a fan of the Paley/Brian version of TCBTN. Something about Brian's vocals bothers me. He sounds better there with Al at the piano. Too bad we never got a Spring version because it would have been interesting to see what Brian did with it
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 11:25:03 AM by Clinton » Logged
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: December 24, 2018, 11:25:15 AM »

Think about this for a moment; GIOMH is Brian half assing his way through a pretty lousy album. But Brian can still half ass it through something like his "home grown" version of "Heaven" and have the results be breathtaking. He just needs to be doing material that he wants and likes to sing.

This is very true. You can tell when Brian is really into something or not.

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1108 on: December 24, 2018, 11:27:23 AM »

I'm not a fan of the Paley/Brian version of TCBTN. Something about Brian's vocals bothers me. He sounds better there with Al at the piano. Too bad we never got a Spring version because it would have been interesting to see what Brian did with it

I loved the Paley version but more Brian's vocals than the production. However, this one I like even more, probably because of actually seeing Brian, if that makes any sense

Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: December 24, 2018, 04:41:51 PM »

This is very true. You can tell when Brian is really into something or not.

He makes it abundantly clear, doesn't he? I think there have been times when his support team didn't realize that he really lacked interest until it was too late - or he changed his mind. But then, that's just a poorly-educated guess.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1110 on: January 02, 2019, 08:02:52 AM »

Updated more setlists in the top post.

Looks like by the latter portion of the tour they settled into a relatively regular setlist. "Winter Symphony" came back, "What I Really Want for Christmas" was dropped, and eventually they also added Darian on "Darlin'" and Blondie on "Sail on Sailor."

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Crack Smokerson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: January 06, 2019, 08:31:52 PM »

Went to the show in Santa Rosa on the 22nd. Really good stuff, lots of energy. Brian wasn't super into it, but his leads on stuff like Christmasey and God Only Knows were pretty great. Had a coughing fit into the microphone early on. Was really hobbling to and from the piano, hope his back is doing okay.... Top notch backing band, as always. Rob did a great job on guitar & vocals. Was my first time seeing them since the Jeff Beck tour and I got to say I 100% did NOT miss Foskett screeching over the top of everybody.

PS I hate Christmas music but this show was killer. Glad to see Blondie & Al still playing with the big guy. Bring on Pleasure Island!!!

The poster formerly known as stack-o-tracks
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: January 07, 2019, 10:16:47 AM »

Went to the show in Santa Rosa on the 22nd. Really good stuff, lots of energy. Brian wasn't super into it, but his leads on stuff like Christmasey and God Only Knows were pretty great. Had a coughing fit into the microphone early on. Was really hobbling to and from the piano, hope his back is doing okay.... Top notch backing band, as always. Rob did a great job on guitar & vocals. Was my first time seeing them since the Jeff Beck tour and I got to say I 100% did NOT miss Foskett screeching over the top of everybody.

PS I hate Christmas music but this show was killer. Glad to see Blondie & Al still playing with the big guy. Bring on Pleasure Island!!!

This is great to hear! Thanks for the review

ClassicShowsFan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: March 08, 2019, 09:55:13 AM »

Brian playing This Could be the Night on the keyboard before a show while Al looks on

Thank you.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx