gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:12:36 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson - 2018 Tour Thread  (Read 272662 times)
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #925 on: November 27, 2018, 02:29:11 PM »

It will be interesting to see how they structure the set and the leads . This is an opportunity to take some stress away from Brian as far as leads go .
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: November 27, 2018, 06:36:28 PM »

Christmas shows're going to be jolly good fun time, everybody buy tickets to see Brian, Al, Blondie, BW band. 3D

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #927 on: November 27, 2018, 09:03:13 PM »

Perhaps I've said it before, but I'd love to see a video or CD release of the Christmas show next year.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: November 28, 2018, 10:19:39 AM »

Another article featuring Al. Matt away dealing with a family illness unfortunately. All the best Matt.

https://www.cleveland.com/music/2018/11/beach-boys-brian-wilson-al-jardine-and-friends-resurrect-1964-christmas-album-at-rocksino.html
thatjacob
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #929 on: November 28, 2018, 04:26:24 PM »

Another article featuring Al. Matt away dealing with a family illness unfortunately. All the best Matt.

https://www.cleveland.com/music/2018/11/beach-boys-brian-wilson-al-jardine-and-friends-resurrect-1964-christmas-album-at-rocksino.html
Sorry to hear that. It just occurred to me that that's probably the reason that they've been performing the pet sounds sets in place of greatest hits lately. They probably didn't have enough time to rehearse after finding out that Matt wouldn't be able to do the tour.
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #930 on: November 28, 2018, 05:35:18 PM »

I am excited to hear Al belt out Christmas Time is Here Again!
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #931 on: November 29, 2018, 03:00:18 AM »

Me too...Great choice. And Blondie on RRR will rock too.
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #932 on: November 29, 2018, 03:51:05 PM »

So, how is the Christmas show? Anyone catch the one last night?

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
wilsonart1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: November 29, 2018, 04:09:42 PM »

Made it to the show last night. Snowing outside seemed to add to the whole eve. If you get a chance do go, this is what I would say a once in a life time eve. Plenty of older people at the show but well attended.  Brian was really life-less for the most part.  This was the first night and it went over fine.  People that paid to have Brian meet and greet seemed really disappointed. I'll leave it at that. Opening act plays for half/hour than It's Christmas!
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: November 29, 2018, 04:49:46 PM »

Yikes, that's a rough first review:

http://www.startribune.com/brian-wilson-kicks-off-beach-boys-christmas-tour-with-blue-concert-in-minneapolis/501546601/#8
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: November 29, 2018, 04:51:09 PM »

People that paid to have Brian meet and greet seemed really disappointed. I'll leave it at that.

Come on, you got to give us more than that. People pay serious cash for the experience, it would be helpful to know why people left disappointed...
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #936 on: November 29, 2018, 05:28:19 PM »

In all fairness it seems like most artists’ meet and greets end up that way. Google Scott Weiland and Britney Spears meet and greets for examples.

That said I would like to know more myself...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: November 29, 2018, 05:29:18 PM »

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/brian-wilson/2018/orpheum-theatre-minneapolis-mn-739722a9.html

Is this setlist accurate? If so, disappointed to see none of the 1977 Christmas material made it into the show. I saw them rehearse two of the ’77 songs at a soundcheck last week. Hopefully they work their way into the show by the end of the tour.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 05:30:37 PM by “Big Daddy” » Logged

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: November 29, 2018, 05:47:09 PM »

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/brian-wilson/2018/orpheum-theatre-minneapolis-mn-739722a9.html

Is this setlist accurate? If so, disappointed to see none of the 1977 Christmas material made it into the show. I saw them rehearse two of the ’77 songs at a soundcheck last week. Hopefully they work their way into the show by the end of the tour.

Which ones? "Winter Symphony" and "Christmas Time Is Here Again"?

This was posted at PSF by ttboy:

I saw a photo of the setlist from a friend of mine and it was definitely a few songs longer and included Christmas-y and Winter Symphony!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 05:52:10 PM by B.E. » Logged

Every wave is new until it breaks.
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #939 on: November 29, 2018, 05:54:08 PM »

Which ones? "Winter Symphony" and "Christmas Time Is Here Again"?

Yep.

This was posted at PSF by ttboy:

I saw a photo of the setlist from a friend of mine and it was definitely a few songs longer and included Christmas-y and Winter Symphony!

Phew!

B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: November 29, 2018, 06:00:32 PM »

It's really cool and surprising that they're bringing out "Winter Symphony". I didn't think there'd be room in the setlist for something like that.

Every wave is new until it breaks.
thatjacob
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: November 29, 2018, 09:26:49 PM »

I'm surprised no clips of the christmas songs have surfaced yet. I keep checking instagram and youtube. Aside from a 10 second clip of "auld lang syne," nothing.
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #942 on: November 29, 2018, 09:28:05 PM »

The set list at setlist.fm, which "Big Daddy" linked in his post, now has Christmasey, What I Really Want for Christmas, On Christmas Day from Brian's Christmas album, and Winter Symphony and Christmas Time Is Here Again from 1977 Christmas album on it.

That's more than we'd expected, isn't it  Shocked
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 09:28:51 PM by Watamushi(Polly Poller) » Logged
ForHerCryingSoul
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #943 on: November 29, 2018, 09:34:40 PM »

I honestly just wanna hear Winter Symphony! Smiley
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #944 on: November 29, 2018, 10:10:30 PM »

Me too!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
thelonelysea
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #945 on: November 30, 2018, 12:51:48 AM »

I'm surprised no clips of the christmas songs have surfaced yet. I keep checking instagram and youtube. Aside from a 10 second clip of "auld lang syne," nothing.

"Little Saint Nick" and "Merry Christmas Baby" are up at BW.com. https://brianwilson.websitetoolbox.com/post/christmas-tour-2018-opens-in-minneapolis-9932861
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #946 on: November 30, 2018, 02:08:18 AM »

"Merry christmas, baby" was always my favorite of the original songs on the album. Great to hear it live. Blondie does a good job but I think it will get better after a couple of shows to warm up.
A couple of weeks - even days - ago I didn't think I was gonna be much interested in those shows but now I really am looking forward to hear more. Christmas spirit setting in, I guess.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #947 on: November 30, 2018, 03:11:42 AM »

I like Merry Christmas baby. But Blondie did a good job with it and Al on  his part. Looking forward to hearing Al on Christmas Day.
wilsonart1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #948 on: November 30, 2018, 03:17:56 AM »

If you've read Breams Mpls. Star review don't give this guy too much value. Dennis Wilson stood on stage and told of how is mother was born in this state and how much it meant to the group to play here. Bream's article stated Minnesota basically were fools for believing this and Dennis states this at every show.  No research on his part at all.  Go to the show if you can. It's more than a Blue Christmas for fans.  The Angel's up above even brought us snow to help make the eve bright.  I'm interested to see how other's view the next months of show's.  The first note , informs you your in the right place, Brian playing Christmas songs, did you ever think you would see this? That's why you should go!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #949 on: November 30, 2018, 07:31:39 AM »

For those interested in the setlist without cliking any links (though I'll also link the setlist.fm setlist in the top post in the thread), here's what setlist.fm shows right now: (I've filled in a few extra lead vocalists based on videos and best guesses, e.g. I would assume Al sang "Christmas Time Is Here Again").

Are we sure this setlist is complete? It was initially missing "White Christmas" and "I'll Be Home For Christmas", though those have been added since. Might be worth holding out to find out if this is still missing songs or is otherwise inaccurate.

I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised that they did three songs from the '04 album, two songs from the '77 album, plus Blondie doing Chuck Berry.

1. Little Saint Nick (Brian)

2. The Man With All the Toys

3. Santa's Beard

4. Merry Christmas, Baby (Blondie, Al)

5. Christmas Day (Al)

6. Frosty the Snowman

7. Christmasey

8. What I Really Want for Christmas

9. On Christmas Day

10. Blue Christmas (Blondie)  

11. We Three Kings of Orient Are

12. Santa Claus Is Coming to Town

13. White Christmas

14. I'll Be Home For Christmas

15. Winter Symphony

16. Christmas Time Is Here Again (Al?)

17. Run Rudolph Run (Blondie)

18. Wouldn't It Be Nice

19. Sloop John B

20. God Only Knows

21. I Get Around

22. Good Vibrations

23. Help Me, Rhonda

24. Barbara Ann

25. Surfin' U.S.A.

26. Fun, Fun, Fun

27. Auld Lang Syne
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 10:01:46 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 45 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx