gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:55:42 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson - 2018 Tour Thread  (Read 272545 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #625 on: July 16, 2018, 03:18:23 PM »

Carried to his piano...?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 16, 2018, 04:39:33 PM »

Carried to his piano...?

I wonder if she meant via wheelchair? I hope this isn't as literal as it sounds...
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #627 on: July 16, 2018, 04:57:17 PM »

Yeah me too.  I’m sure though we would’ve heard otherwise if that were the case

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: July 16, 2018, 06:19:22 PM »

Maybe the poster meant he had assistants helping him walk to the piano?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #629 on: July 16, 2018, 06:43:30 PM »

Probably

davidson
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: July 16, 2018, 11:59:19 PM »

I was at the Colwood concert last night, my 23rd Beach Boys concert involving at least 1 Beach Boy! I can 100% verify that Brian was basically 'carried' to his piano by his assistants to enter the stage and exit. A very difficult job I might add and I admit I was legitimately concerned they were going to drop him because they were struggling.  I would say only about 20% of his weight was being held up by his own legs. I initially was quite concerned but once he sat down I was pleasantly surprised by his relaxed, I would even say, youthful look. He looked good. I thought he sounded quite good too especially for the first concert of the tour. He was very strong on songs like Add Some Music and California Girls. While I didn't see him live last summer I think his vocals were way better than the videos I've seen where he was more 'speaking' the lyrics. Feel flows and Salt Lake City was as rare as you got. I thought the band sounded very very tight for concert #1. Al sounded, well, like he's 40 not 76. His Wake the World vocal was awesome and I wont ever get enough of him singing Californian Saga. The mix improved after the first few songs and Al was very prominent in the harmonies. His amazing tone just makes it sound so 'Beach Boy'. Despite them being amazing singers nobody else on stage can do that. It was a fun filled festival setting with a hugely young crowd. Definitely some new fans were created.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #631 on: July 17, 2018, 01:10:56 AM »

Awesome.... I saw the good vibrations video and the crowd seemed really into it

Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 17, 2018, 07:06:50 AM »

I was at the Colwood concert last night, my 23rd Beach Boys concert involving at least 1 Beach Boy! I can 100% verify that Brian was basically 'carried' to his piano by his assistants to enter the stage and exit. A very difficult job I might add and I admit I was legitimately concerned they were going to drop him because they were struggling.  I would say only about 20% of his weight was being held up by his own legs. I initially was quite concerned but once he sat down I was pleasantly surprised by his relaxed, I would even say, youthful look. He looked good.

This is quite troubling. I hope he hasn't rushed back to fulfill obligations.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 17, 2018, 08:26:06 AM »

Why is he even on the road?

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: July 17, 2018, 08:31:36 AM »

People are paying money and he wants to.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #635 on: July 17, 2018, 08:43:40 AM »

11/23 Pet Sounds show added to the top post schedule.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 17, 2018, 09:04:31 AM »

Brian wants to tour and has said so in interviews...

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 17, 2018, 09:23:34 AM »

I am also greatly concerned by this. It's not my place to be as I'm not Brian...but it really saddens me because as others have said, these sorts of things don't get better. Back pain only increases.
davidson
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 17, 2018, 10:17:35 AM »

I would like to re-emphasize my point about his demeanor on Sunday night. Brian was definitely very 'up' and HAPPY during the concert. There was no discomfort in his face or vocals. I felt his back was more completely weak and stiff more than painful. I'm hypothesizing of course.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #639 on: July 17, 2018, 10:46:35 AM »

Brian wants to tour and has said so in interviews...

Not only that but he’s probably going stir crazy not doing anything. I can relate. After my last stroke I i was out of commission for some months and I kept pushing myself to get back to my normal routine probably too quickly but I needed it for myself. Being inactive quite frankly sucks

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 17, 2018, 12:16:28 PM »

Listen, would you rather sing for thousands of cheering fans or spend another day in a PT facility? I’d just hope his team has everything possible in place to ensure his comfort and safety.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 17, 2018, 12:23:42 PM »

I am also greatly concerned by this. It's not my place to be as I'm not Brian...but it really saddens me because as others have said, these sorts of things don't get better. Back pain only increases.

Back pain only increases, but that may well be true wherever he is. If he thinks dealing with pain on tour is preferable to dealing with pain at home, that’s his decision. Sit on the tour bus or sit in the recliner at home. Find moments to stretch or walk on tour, or at home. Take prescribed medication on tour, or at home. Maybe he figures as long as he’s living, he may as well live. I’ve heard life is for the living.

(I’ve also heard I ought not sit around on my ass smoking grass, as that stuff reportedly went out a long time ago. I dunno about that part.)

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #642 on: July 17, 2018, 12:26:01 PM »

Back pain only increases, but that may well be true wherever he is. If he thinks dealing with pain on tour is preferable to dealing with pain at home, that’s his decision. Sit on the tour bus or sit in the recliner at home. Find moments to stretch or walk on tour, or at home. Take prescribed medication on tour, or at home. Maybe he figures as long as he’s living, he may as well live. I’ve heard life is for the living.

(I’ve also heard I ought not sit around on my ass smoking grass, as that stuff reportedly went out a long time ago. I dunno about that part.)

LOL

RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 17, 2018, 12:33:14 PM »

You really can't say anything on this board that doesn't 100% support whatever Brian Wilson is doing at every waking moment, can you?

I hope he's enjoying himself. I hope he is in strong spirits. I hope he can do this for the rest of his days and that there are many of them ahead of him. But none of us know. It's not my place or yours to assume what he's going through. All I've said is that I'm concerned for Brian's health and that back pain only gets worse. Do you know anyone that has had a successful back operation? I'm not criticizing the man. Yes, life is for the living. Live it up.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 17, 2018, 12:41:27 PM »

LOL
POTD from the Cap! LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: July 17, 2018, 04:30:58 PM »

You really can't say anything on this board that doesn't 100% support whatever Brian Wilson is doing at every waking moment, can you?

I hope he's enjoying himself. I hope he is in strong spirits. I hope he can do this for the rest of his days and that there are many of them ahead of him. But none of us know. It's not my place or yours to assume what he's going through. All I've said is that I'm concerned for Brian's health and that back pain only gets worse. Do you know anyone that has had a successful back operation? I'm not criticizing the man. Yes, life is for the living. Live it up.

You’re talking to or about the wrong guy if you want to talk about “Brian is untouchable here” stuff. Yes, there are those here (and elsewhere), but me? I’m the resident asshole.

Re back surgeries, no, not really. People I’ve met who’ve had them pretty much universally regret them as expensive and grueling affairs that at best help a little for a little while. Which is precisely why I said what I said. Life is full of sh*t. You can choose how to respond to it. Maybe he decided that as long as his back will hurt either way, he’d rather play shows and make money.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #646 on: July 17, 2018, 04:31:34 PM »

I agree with the second paragraph but c’mon the first part wasn’t necessary. Everyone is entitled to an opinion

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #647 on: July 17, 2018, 04:36:29 PM »

You’re talking to or about the wrong guy if you want to talk about “Brian is untouchable here” stuff. Yes, there are those here (and elsewhere), but me? I’m the resident asshole.

Re back surgeries, no, not really. People I’ve met who’ve had them pretty much universally regret them as expensive and grueling affairs that at best help a little for a little while. Which is precisely why I said what I said. Life is full of sh*t. You can choose how to respond to it. Maybe he decided that as long as his back will hurt either way, he’d rather play shows and make money.

Exactly! Hell im back in the hospital and I could cry and feel sorry for myself but f*ck that noise. Been there done that. It’s not going to add any more time for me so screw it. So yeah if that’s Brian’s mindset more power to him

marcella27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 17, 2018, 05:48:10 PM »

Glad that Brian seemed in a good mood, but I’m concerned about him too.  I don’t know anything about back problems but if mobility is an issue, wouldn’t a wheelchair be worth considering?  It seems safer than being carried. 

GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 17, 2018, 08:53:33 PM »

As we all know, Brian had back surgery not too long ago. At his advanced age it's going to take much longer to recuperate than it would for someone even just 10 years younger. If it's true that he was upbeat and happy performing then that would suggest that he wanted to be there regardless of the pain involved.

But he also may not have wanted to be seen going to his piano in a wheelchair, perhaps thinking that this would cause more concern than necessary.

Based on this "carrying" incident, however, perhaps a more effective way to work around this would be to do what Don Rickles did in his last years when he had difficulty walking, which would be to get onstage and seated prior to the curtain coming up.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 45 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx