gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 06:19:12 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson - 2018 Tour Thread  (Read 271381 times)
marcella27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 02, 2018, 10:38:52 AM »

I haven't received anything from Kennedy Center either. I really think the venue has a responsibility to inform ticket buyers that a show's been cancelled. They shouldn't be counting on the fact that I get info from smileysmile or Mike's twitter.

I'm super bummed. I had planned a whole weekend in DC (don't live there) which I'm now going to cancel. I was really, really, really looking forward to this show.

I hope Brian gets better soon.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #576 on: May 02, 2018, 11:18:02 AM »

I haven't received anything from Kennedy Center either. I really think the venue has a responsibility to inform ticket buyers that a show's been cancelled. They shouldn't be counting on the fact that I get info from smileysmile or Mike's twitter.

I'm super bummed. I had planned a whole weekend in DC (don't live there) which I'm now going to cancel. I was really, really, really looking forward to this show.

I hope Brian gets better soon.

I would assume they will fan out an e-mail via whatever entity sold the tickets. This announcement came from Brian only 24 hours ago.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 02, 2018, 03:54:03 PM »

Update from Brian via Twitter

Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 02, 2018, 04:51:36 PM »

Not going to lie-- I just breathed a sigh of relief. Best wishes for your recovery, Brian.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 02, 2018, 07:37:45 PM »

He looks great here

Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 02, 2018, 08:37:53 PM »

He looks great here

Grin

He surely does. I hope this helps Brian enjoy life even more. And I hope he's here with us for a while still.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #581 on: May 02, 2018, 09:03:37 PM »

Picture is from 2016, but I love it Smiley

Glad to know the surgery went well! Back pain is excruciating...I know all too well!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 02, 2018, 09:58:09 PM »

I've had scoliosis for about 23 or so years now, and it's at just about the worst it will get(90% curvature). Yeah, chronic back pain is horrendous to deal with. I'm glad Brian had surgery and can get better.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 03, 2018, 04:03:03 AM »

Glad to hear all went well...I thought I had seen that picture before.
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 03, 2018, 04:45:18 AM »

Brian's just such a nice guy. Beyond admiring his music he is very admirable for his incredibly positive attitude, exceeding humbleness and gratitude to those wishing him well and appreciating him. A gracious gentleman by any measure.

The Wilson brothers, for all the failures and disasters they endured, always struck me as really good people and very kindhearted.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: May 03, 2018, 04:56:30 AM »

Cool news!

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 03, 2018, 06:06:19 AM »

Brian's just such a nice guy. Beyond admiring his music he is very admirable for his incredibly positive attitude, exceeding humbleness and gratitude to those wishing him well and appreciating him. A gracious gentleman by any measure.

The Wilson brothers, for all the failures and disasters they endured, always struck me as really good people and very kindhearted.

I doubt he wrote that message, but I agree with the sentiment. He has such a good heart and deserves the very best for all he has gone through and given to the world. I hope future concertgoers report that he's dancing on stage, or at the very least, he can get on and off stage without assistance.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 04, 2018, 09:33:35 PM »

Glad the back problems are finally being taken care of. And glad those around him recognized this as being more serious than trotting him out for more shows.
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 05, 2018, 12:23:26 PM »

I doubt he wrote that message, but I agree with the sentiment. He has such a good heart and deserves the very best for all he has gone through and given to the world. I hope future concertgoers report that he's dancing on stage, or at the very least, he can get on and off stage without assistance.

He actually doesn't always see all the cabling on the floor, so helping him on and offstage is actually a good idea.  Dancing sounds good. I also know that Melinda always went to Brian for his public quotes.  They may tidy them up (like any casual speech we have and then put into writing), but it's his sentiment.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 12:39:00 PM by Debbie KL » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #589 on: May 05, 2018, 01:49:22 PM »

Speaking of going on and off, I'll never forget the first BW show I went to back in 2004. He was about to leave the stage before Love and Mercy, still had the bass strapped on, ran like hell to the side...then ran back, put the bass on the ground, then proceeded to finish running back off the stage LOL  Still one of my all time favorite BW moments

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 05, 2018, 01:57:52 PM »

Speaking of going on and off, I'll never forget the first BW show I went to back in 2004. He was about to leave the stage before Love and Mercy, still had the bass strapped on, ran like hell to the side...then ran back, put the bass on the ground, then proceeded to finish running back off the stage LOL  Still one of my all time favorite BW moments

It's a beautiful thing.  Brian making us laugh is almost as great as his music.  I remember when he was trying to rush off-stage when he got caught in the spotlight that was on the band member he was behind.  He froze in place. It was hilarious.  There will never be another Brian.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 05, 2018, 02:10:24 PM »

He actually doesn't always see all the cabling on the floor, so helping him on and offstage is actually a good idea.  Dancing sounds good. I also know that Melinda always went to Brian for his public quotes.  They may tidy them up (like any casual speech we have and then put into writing), but it's his sentiment.

Well, I stand corrected. I have no firsthand experience with the celebrity world. I always assumed a celeb would tell an assistant or manager, "Just tell them thank you" and the manager would write something up.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #592 on: May 05, 2018, 02:28:39 PM »

It's a beautiful thing.  Brian making us laugh is almost as great as his music.  I remember when he was trying to rush off-stage when he got caught in the spotlight that was on the band member he was behind.  He froze in place. It was hilarious.  There will never be another Brian.

Have said this for years, but there seriously needs to be a book entitled "The Wit and Wisdom of Brian Wilson" featuring great Brian-isms. I'd love to write it, personally.

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #593 on: May 07, 2018, 12:58:51 PM »

A new XMas show has been announced for 12/3 in Pittsburgh. I've added it to the top post schedule.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 10, 2018, 12:48:45 PM »

A new rescheduled date:
Nov. 10 -- Clearwater, FL -- Ruth Eckerd Hall
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 12:49:48 PM by Emdeeh » Logged
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 15, 2018, 01:10:00 PM »

New Christmas show just announced:
Dec. 14 -- Dallas, TX -- Majestic Theatre
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #596 on: May 15, 2018, 01:14:36 PM »

Added the 12/14 show to the top post. Thanks!

Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 15, 2018, 01:34:08 PM »

Another rescheduled PS date:
Nov. 9 -- Augusta, GA -- Bell Auditorium
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 16, 2018, 09:40:52 AM »

I haven't seen anyone post this yet. From Brian's twitter/Instagram. Says he's feeling a lot better.

GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 16, 2018, 10:10:12 PM »

I haven't seen anyone post this yet. From Brian's twitter/Instagram. Says he's feeling a lot better.

Thanks for sharing, Amy. When I first saw this on Instagram the other day I thought to myself you can see relief in his eyes, like the back pain is relieved kinda thing... Hoping for a great summer and fall tour!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 45 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx