gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
637802 Posts in 25493 Topics by 3625 Members - Latest Member: spgass September 21, 2018, 08:43:28 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson - 2018 Tour Thread  (Read 65592 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #775 on: August 21, 2018, 10:00:58 PM »

Yeah, it's hypocrisy on full display and a lack of common sense too considering the Loves are just as much in business (multiple businesses) together and make decisions together as do the Wilsons or many, many other married couples. But, it's been a talking point for years now to keep hammering away at just the Wilsons out of spite or old personal grudges.

“Some people think you have to knock somebody down in order to build yourself up, I don’t look at it that way. To the mentality that likes to disparage other people, I say perhaps you should get a life. It’s just wrong thinking in my opinion and I don’t mind saying that.” - Mike Love

"Every single person who criticized Brian for having She & Him, Kacey Musgraves, Sebu and Nate Ruess guesting on his solo album can now officially go heartily f*** themselves." - Wirestone
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #776 on: August 21, 2018, 10:14:42 PM »

Right. I was mistaken in thinking that from 1983 to 1992, Brian was being manipulated, taken advantage of, and being forced to do whatever by Dr. Eugene Landy. Obviously, Brian wanted to be under Landy's care. If he had wanted Landy to leave, he would have simply said "Gene, go away".

(Now I remember why I took a hiatus from this board. Good grief.)

So who's giving him brain-melting drugs now that turn him to mush so he can't really resist?

Haha, ok. So did you also take a hiatus from reading Mike's interviews for the past 5 years? And it's also ironic since this board currently has what adds up to maybe this one poster hammering away on that stuff which has been debunked regularly on this forum, while those who made it a regular hobby have gone to another forum.

“Some people think you have to knock somebody down in order to build yourself up, I don’t look at it that way. To the mentality that likes to disparage other people, I say perhaps you should get a life. It’s just wrong thinking in my opinion and I don’t mind saying that.” - Mike Love

"Every single person who criticized Brian for having She & Him, Kacey Musgraves, Sebu and Nate Ruess guesting on his solo album can now officially go heartily f*** themselves." - Wirestone
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 22, 2018, 03:15:15 AM »

I dislike phrase "wifeandmanagers". If we apply it to Brian, we must apply it to Mike. Or don't use it to either.
I think by now it's become sort of a sarcastic joke.

Depends on who is saying it. You and I joke around about it all the time in a sarcastic manner but we all know a few people who are dead serious when they use that phrase 🙄
*cough* A certain “researcher”....

I wonder if his cough is any better yet - he really needs to get that seen to by a reliable doctor.  Mind you, I nearly choked when I saw the name on the forum where he posts now. BTW at one of Brian's shows last year,  someone PROFESSING to be one of the administrators of  THAT site (I'm not naming it in case it makes me choke again) thought that Blondie was Brian. He commented on Brian's yellow trousers - Brian wasn't wearing that colour. He made other comments that indicated he'd got their identities mixed up. Maybe he'd had a few too many drinks!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 03:21:06 AM by Ang Jones » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna join?

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 22, 2018, 04:04:35 AM »

2Ang Jones: Why would you care about welfare of smb. you don't like at all? Can't you be apathetic?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Droopy & Snoopy, respectively ugly & cute dogs, swapped places in cartoon history which brought havoc to either side.

At Halloween, Smiley posters should be disguised with smiley face masks. PS posters should be in green-brown costumes & each member imitates by mouth their favorite sounds. Easy, ain't it?
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 22, 2018, 05:08:19 AM »

I'm being sarcastic and I don't intend to apologise after what he wrote to me.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: August 22, 2018, 05:10:57 AM »

No apologies! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #781 on: September 10, 2018, 09:26:09 AM »

Updated setlists in the top post for the rest of the August dates.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #782 on: September 15, 2018, 08:10:52 AM »

Added a new 10/27 Pet Sounds show in ME to the top post schedule.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx