gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 11:50:26 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson - 2018 Tour Thread  (Read 271415 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #775 on: August 21, 2018, 10:00:58 PM »

Yeah, it's hypocrisy on full display and a lack of common sense too considering the Loves are just as much in business (multiple businesses) together and make decisions together as do the Wilsons or many, many other married couples. But, it's been a talking point for years now to keep hammering away at just the Wilsons out of spite or old personal grudges.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #776 on: August 21, 2018, 10:14:42 PM »

Right. I was mistaken in thinking that from 1983 to 1992, Brian was being manipulated, taken advantage of, and being forced to do whatever by Dr. Eugene Landy. Obviously, Brian wanted to be under Landy's care. If he had wanted Landy to leave, he would have simply said "Gene, go away".

(Now I remember why I took a hiatus from this board. Good grief.)

So who's giving him brain-melting drugs now that turn him to mush so he can't really resist?

Haha, ok. So did you also take a hiatus from reading Mike's interviews for the past 5 years? And it's also ironic since this board currently has what adds up to maybe this one poster hammering away on that stuff which has been debunked regularly on this forum, while those who made it a regular hobby have gone to another forum.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 22, 2018, 03:15:15 AM »

I dislike phrase "wifeandmanagers". If we apply it to Brian, we must apply it to Mike. Or don't use it to either.
I think by now it's become sort of a sarcastic joke.

Depends on who is saying it. You and I joke around about it all the time in a sarcastic manner but we all know a few people who are dead serious when they use that phrase 🙄
*cough* A certain “researcher”....

I wonder if his cough is any better yet - he really needs to get that seen to by a reliable doctor.  Mind you, I nearly choked when I saw the name on the forum where he posts now. BTW at one of Brian's shows last year,  someone PROFESSING to be one of the administrators of  THAT site (I'm not naming it in case it makes me choke again) thought that Blondie was Brian. He commented on Brian's yellow trousers - Brian wasn't wearing that colour. He made other comments that indicated he'd got their identities mixed up. Maybe he'd had a few too many drinks!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 03:21:06 AM by Ang Jones » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 22, 2018, 04:04:35 AM »

2Ang Jones: Why would you care about welfare of smb. you don't like at all? Can't you be apathetic?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Ang Jones
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 22, 2018, 05:08:19 AM »

I'm being sarcastic and I don't intend to apologise after what he wrote to me.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: August 22, 2018, 05:10:57 AM »

No apologies! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #781 on: September 10, 2018, 09:26:09 AM »

Updated setlists in the top post for the rest of the August dates.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #782 on: September 15, 2018, 08:10:52 AM »

Added a new 10/27 Pet Sounds show in ME to the top post schedule.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: October 20, 2018, 06:57:42 PM »

Some cool news from Facebook: Rob Bonfiglio will be joining up with Brian’s band for the tour. https://www.facebook.com/rob.bonfiglio/posts/10156754515844188?__tn__=H-R
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 07:01:57 PM by “Big Daddy” » Logged

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 20, 2018, 07:23:28 PM »

Some cool news from Facebook: Rob Bonfiglio will be joining up with Brian’s band for the tour. https://www.facebook.com/rob.bonfiglio/posts/10156754515844188?__tn__=H-R

Sorry but...who?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #785 on: October 20, 2018, 07:26:27 PM »

He's a harmonica  player of some reknown according to a google search.
Never heard of him personally

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 20, 2018, 07:27:54 PM »

Sorry but...who?

Brian’s son-in-law (Carnie’s husband).

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #787 on: October 20, 2018, 09:28:27 PM »

Wonder who he'll replace...
GuyO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 20, 2018, 10:51:06 PM »

He plays guitar too. He has performed with Wilson Philips and if I’m not mistaken California Saga.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #789 on: October 20, 2018, 11:44:47 PM »

Oh snap. I think I looked up the wrong guy. Well, it happens to all of us some day

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 21, 2018, 01:26:29 AM »

Wonder who he'll replace...
One of the comments on his Facebook mentions him singing perfect falsetto, so maybe Matt?

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
DC310
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: November 02, 2018, 06:40:50 AM »

Here’s video of Rob Bonfiglio singing Wouldn’t It Be Nice last night with Brian and the band. https://youtu.be/zhIJschyKP4
Zesterz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: November 02, 2018, 07:11:00 AM »

Rob B sounds very good in this clip
hideyotsuburaya
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: November 02, 2018, 07:30:59 AM »

perhaps this needs a new thread topic instead but i'll start here

Brian Wilson plays the entire Christmas album (plus favorites)

with special guests Al Jardine and Blondie Chaplin

my local concert date is Nov. 30 at Chicago Theatre.  radio advertisements for it began yesterday

Brain Wilson is termed in the announcement 'co-founder of the Beach Boys', but since Al Jardine's also present then they have all the real group founders IMO, no need to quantify it further

now they don't say WHICH Christmas album, and by my count there are 3.  perhaps they want to keep it vague (and in the general public eye, as opposed to hardcore fans, it doesn't matter which), side-stepping the point for the time being that Mike won't be there to sing Little Saint Nick, if it's played at all.

I just hope he performs CHILD OF WINTER, which of course isn't from any album per se.  He does that one and the hardcore fans will be satisfied in one fell swoop (besides it's been my favorite since it first was heard on Chicago radio just 2 days before the holiday itself back then).  On that one it may not matter at all that Mike originally had (most of) the lead.

you can hear in the radio spot Brian singing we wish you a merry Christmas, but strangely his voice is kept low in the mix throughout and that's about all one can be sure of
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 07:37:00 AM by hideyotsuburaya » Logged
DC310
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: November 02, 2018, 09:54:48 AM »

It will be The Beach Boys Christmas Album played in its entirety as well as some tracks off Brian’s solo Christmas album. And yes, Little St. Nick will absolutely be played. Has been a holiday season staple in BW shows for a while and a real crowd pleaser.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/brian-wilson-to-perform-beach-boys-christmas-album-on-holiday-tour-629035/

So you don’t consider Mike a “co-founder?”
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #795 on: November 02, 2018, 10:06:12 AM »

Considering every ad for the Christmas dates shows Brian and Al from the '64 XMas album, and the "The Christmas Tour" font is more or less the same as the font on the front of  the '64 album, I think it's safe to assume the "album in full" will be the '64 album. It's the only album they could market a tour off of. I don't know why anybody would think they'd do an *unreleased* XMas album from the 70s that was rejected by their label at the time and *still* hasn't seen all of its tracks released.

Brian's solo album is called "What I Really Want for Christmas", so if they were doing that album, I don't think they'd be calling it "The Christmas Album."

I'm guessing they're probably trying to steer clear of more turmoil by not calling the '64 album by its full title of "The Beach Boys' Christmas Album", because that would run into a grey area where they would be using the BB name to promote their shows. They *are* allowed to, to some degree. For instance, calling themselves founding BB members, etc. But considering Al has alluded in recent years to he and Brian getting some "friendly reminder" letters about how they bill their "Brian Wilson" shows as far as using the BB name to promote the shows, I would imagine they'd avoid any hiccups by just calling this tour a case of doing "*The* Christmas Album."

I would assume we'll get the full '64 album and then just a smattering of other Xmas material, assuming they plan to at least do one full set of some of the "meat and potatoes" numbers/hits.

Bill M
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #796 on: November 02, 2018, 01:58:15 PM »

Here’s video of Rob Bonfiglio singing Wouldn’t It Be Nice last night with Brian and the band. https://youtu.be/zhIJschyKP4

I was there last night for Rob's 2nd show with the band.  I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed when the curtain went up & Matt was no where to be seen.  But Rob grew on me as the show went on.  He's very talented.  Not quite as strong a falsetto as Matt, but pretty close.  Thanks for the clip!
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: November 02, 2018, 03:52:45 PM »

I was there last night for Rob's 2nd show with the band.  I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed when the curtain went up & Matt was no where to be seen.  But Rob grew on me as the show went on.  He's very talented.  Not quite as strong a falsetto as Matt, but pretty close.  Thanks for the clip!

I love Matt's falsetto as well, so I was a bit worried. The video of WIBN was reassuring. I'll see the band on 11/13. From what I've heard from others about Rob (haven't seen him perform or met him), he'll fit into this "nice people" band who are kind and generous to fans. I've only heard good things about his talent, too.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #798 on: November 03, 2018, 12:02:24 AM »

How was the show?

Clinton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: November 03, 2018, 08:48:50 PM »

https://twitter.com/espnVshow/status/1058403927425798145
https://twitter.com/espnVshow

Brian went on live radio to give a interview and according to this guy acted very rude. He encourages everyone not to go to his show when it rolls into town. I doubt he is familiar with Brian or his problems at all.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 09:00:28 PM by Clinton » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 45 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx