gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680554 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 04:16:56 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson - 2018 Tour Thread  (Read 271373 times)
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 24, 2018, 12:42:34 PM »

Another new date, PS show:
Aug. 24 -- Birmingham, England, UK -- Digbeth Arena

Also, Lee's prediction was correct -- the Windsor, ON show has been postponed, new date TBA, due to the labor strike.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 12:46:14 PM by Emdeeh » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #551 on: April 24, 2018, 01:57:41 PM »

The 8/24 date has been on the top post schedule for awhile. I'll add a notation to the Windsor show reflecting a postponement.

Thanks!

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Pacific Ocean Blue
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 25, 2018, 08:39:00 AM »

confirmed for the Edinburgh Summer Sessions on the 19th August, excellent!!
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 29, 2018, 03:42:32 PM »

Just my two cents but I've never heard it called "The Broadway Theater at UPAC." It's either UPAC or Ulster Performing Arts Center.
Uncle Walter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 01, 2018, 11:36:00 AM »

MESSAGE FROM BRIAN:

Dear friends,

As some of you might know I have been having some issues with my back that has very recently gotten worse. It runs in my family, Carl had back problems as well. My doctors have told me that I need to have back surgery immediately.They are optimistic that this will finally relieve the pain.

Sadly, this means we must postpone the upcoming May shows. I’m very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause to everyone who was coming out to see us.

I know that my agents are already in the process of rescheduling and we will have some of the make up dates to announce very soon. We will get you all the info ASAP.

Please know that the music is in my heart and in my soul and me and the boys are looking forward to performing for you very soon.

Love & Mercy,

Brian

https://www.facebook.com/officialbrianwilson/photos/a.452661542240.241240.34250497240/10156881611997241/?type=3
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #555 on: May 01, 2018, 11:39:40 AM »

Hopefully this will alleviate some of the pain.  Sucks that the tour will be postponed but his health comes first.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 11:40:23 AM by ♩♬☮ Billy C ♯♫♩☮ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #556 on: May 01, 2018, 11:46:19 AM »

Hopefully this will alleviate some of the pain.  Sucks that the tour will be postponed but his health comes first.

And as many of know either first hand or because we've known people with back issues, serious back issues at any age, and certainly at Brian's age, can be extremely taxing and severely limit mobility.

This hopefully also helps alleviate the concerns some people have had that Brian's being trotted out on tour against his wishes, etc. Brian and those around him made the call (at no small expense; even with rescheduling this endeavor is costing them some money among other things) to make Brian's health the top priority.

Let us also be grateful that the medical news is something like the back as opposed to something more life-threatening. Back problems can be lessened or at least curtailed with proper surgery.

I'll update the top post tour schedule accordingly.

In the meantime, it might be cool (although perhaps too late in the game) for Al to book some extra club gigs.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 01, 2018, 12:05:50 PM »

I had tickets to two of the Nashville shows next week and I wouldn't have been able to go, due to family problems - and a bad back (it's been bothering me for several weeks).
I can't imagine the pain Brian would have to endure, traveling, getting into and out of busses, or plane travel, sleeping in uncomfortable beds etc
We've been blessed to have Brian make all his shows over the past few years, none cancelled due to illness or injury. 
Wishing him all the best for a full recovery. Back injuries are a %$@+&!!

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 01, 2018, 12:48:01 PM »

I mistakenly posted about this in the BB tour thread. No wonder no one appeared to have posted about it yet.  Cheesy
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 01, 2018, 12:52:04 PM »

I can't imagine the pain Brian would have to endure, traveling, getting into and out of busses, or plane travel, sleeping in uncomfortable beds etc
We've been blessed to have Brian make all his shows over the past few years, none cancelled due to illness or injury. 
Wishing him all the best for a full recovery. Back injuries are a %$@+&!!

Yes to all of this. Brian has been a trooper, but we all know there have been visible signs of his back issues. I know he's old, but he's had enough pain (physical and otherwise) for several lifetimes. I hope this surgery makes life more comfortable and enjoyable for him.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 01, 2018, 02:43:36 PM »

Truly a bummer...Prayers to Brian for alleviation from pain. I was so ready for this show...but his health is always the priority. Love and Mercy.
The Lovester
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 01, 2018, 03:52:19 PM »

Cousin,
I know what it's like to have the (Wilson) back gene. I am sympathetic and empathetic, as I myself have had back problems as early as junior high. I hope one day we'll be able to do something like this again; great memories. Looking forward to perhaps one day throwing some hoops. Feel better soon Brian.
Love, your cousin,
Mike 

Nice message from Mike on his Facebook, he posted this along with the picture of he and Brian playing basketball.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 01, 2018, 04:47:29 PM »

Cousin,
I know what it's like to have the (Wilson) back gene. I am sympathetic and empathetic, as I myself have had back problems as early as junior high. I hope one day we'll be able to do something like this again; great memories. Looking forward to perhaps one day throwing some hoops. Feel better soon Brian.
Love, your cousin,
Mike 

Nice message from Mike on his Facebook, he posted this along with the picture of he and Brian playing basketball.

That's very sweet.
thatjacob
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 01, 2018, 04:55:47 PM »

The Nashville Symphony Orchestra shows are still going on, just without Brian's band. They apparently asked Sail On (the explorers club) to step in.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 01, 2018, 05:35:23 PM »

Fingers crossed this fixes his back.

Long overdue

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 01, 2018, 07:47:09 PM »

No disrespect to Brian and company on this, but this is some real nonsense. The Kennedy Center concert has been rescheduled for Monday, November 5th and all tickets are now invalid. Those of us that already had tickets will have the opportunity to purchase tickets AGAIN as a presale. I have never had to go through this with a cancellation before. Not that I have had a ton, but they have always simply transferred our seats to the new date whenever a change was made. Not sure what this is about but it is quite aggravating and as of now, there is no onsale date and time. Oh...and I had to look this up on their website. I have received nothing from them via email yet.
Til...I...@died
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 01, 2018, 08:04:14 PM »

Jeez. To me it seems like an appropriate way to handle the issue since there is so much time between the canceled date and the rescheduled date. Damned if you do damned if you don’t in todays world of entitlement. I’ll be happy if I ever get to see the man on stage ever again. And if it gets canceled five times and I have to rebuy ten times, lose time and money, and move from first row to nosebleeds I’ll feel privileged to be in attendance.
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 01, 2018, 08:24:13 PM »

Jeez. To me it seems like an appropriate way to handle the issue since there is so much time between the canceled date and the rescheduled date. Damned if you do damned if you don’t in todays world of entitlement. I’ll be happy if I ever get to see the man on stage ever again. And if it gets canceled five times and I have to rebuy ten times, lose time and money, and move from first row to nosebleeds I’ll feel privileged to be in attendance.

Seriously? I took my time and my money to line this up once already. In case it was unclear before, I am not upset with those on Brian Wilson's end of the deal.

I looked up the other dates posted and this is the only venue handling things this way. I average about a dozen shows of various artists a year and I'd say on average there's about one cancellation or rescheduling a year. In the case of the rescheduled shows, I have always had the option to keep my seat for the new date or take the time to cancel. It is disrespectful to the fan and a patron of the venue to put us through the above and beyond agitating process of ticket purchasing two times over, for a show we already have tickets for.

Time is not a factor. I bought tickets to see The Who in December of 2014 for a concert in November of 2015 that was rescheduled for March of 2016 and not over the near two year endeavor did I have to do anything beyond my initial purchase to ensure I would enter the venue and have two seats.
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 01, 2018, 08:27:33 PM »

The Nashville Symphony Orchestra shows are still going on, just without Brian's band. They apparently asked Sail On (the explorers club) to step in.

I got an email from the Nashville Symphony this afternoon. Those who bought tickets have several options, including getting refunds, or leaving the money in a symphony account that can be used for future concerts.
They hope to be able to reschedule Brian's concert.

Those who decide to go to the concert with Sail On will receive a complimentary ticket to another symphony tribute show (selection from Pink Floyd, Rascals, Beatles).

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Pacific Ocean Blue
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 02, 2018, 12:39:01 AM »

Cousin,
Love, your cousin,
Mike 

He tweeted it as well, pretty cool from him
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #570 on: May 02, 2018, 06:37:30 AM »

Concerning the Kennedy Center show, while canceling the tickets and doing another sale isn't the most common outcome of a rescheduling situation, it's not that crazy of a scenario. I would imagine the venue has reasons for doing it this way. Perhaps in their experience, a show rescheduled for *six* months later has enough refund requests that it's easier to just start over from scratch.

The venue's website does mention that current ticketholders will be given a chance to purchase tickets in advance of the general on-sale date.

KDS
« Reply #571 on: May 02, 2018, 06:47:47 AM »

No disrespect to Brian and company on this, but this is some real nonsense. The Kennedy Center concert has been rescheduled for Monday, November 5th and all tickets are now invalid. Those of us that already had tickets will have the opportunity to purchase tickets AGAIN as a presale. I have never had to go through this with a cancellation before. Not that I have had a ton, but they have always simply transferred our seats to the new date whenever a change was made. Not sure what this is about but it is quite aggravating and as of now, there is no onsale date and time. Oh...and I had to look this up on their website. I have received nothing from them via email yet.

I'm glad I decided not to get tickets for that show.   Unless something really special comes there, I now know to NEVER buy tickets for anything at this venue if that's how they handle things. 
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 02, 2018, 09:32:26 AM »

Concerning the Kennedy Center show, while canceling the tickets and doing another sale isn't the most common outcome of a rescheduling situation, it's not that crazy of a scenario. I would imagine the venue has reasons for doing it this way. Perhaps in their experience, a show rescheduled for *six* months later has enough refund requests that it's easier to just start over from scratch.

The venue's website does mention that current ticketholders will be given a chance to purchase tickets in advance of the general on-sale date.

Almost guarantee that the ‘cancel and rebook’ scenario is in the fine print you ‘agree’ to when you bought the tickets from the venue. That and no compensation for hotels, travel etc.
Zesterz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 02, 2018, 09:50:31 AM »

Perhaps the plan  all along was for surgery after May gigs .....and recovery through June , as no gigs were showing then ?  Possibly BW's back caused more urgent surgery and intervention. IMO
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #574 on: May 02, 2018, 10:16:47 AM »

Almost guarantee that the ‘cancel and rebook’ scenario is in the fine print you ‘agree’ to when you bought the tickets from the venue. That and no compensation for hotels, travel etc.

And more generally, I think any ticketing agreement includes the possibility of a canceled show at any time, and the one and only thing they need to do is make sure everybody is refunded (or able to get a refund).

Seriously, I know all sort of things to do with concert tickets can be a pain, but in the internet age it's *a lot* better than it used to be. There was one Ringo tour I bought tickets for where I drove *hours* to the venue only to find out the show had been canceled. It was something I would have learned about days ahead of time in the internet era.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 45 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx