gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680554 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 04:55:32 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson: In Conversation Fender Teaser  (Read 4030 times)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2019, 03:19:14 PM »

Now this looks good. February 28

https://youtu.be/UqJZ3TCd4lc
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 03:55:57 PM »

Two of my favorites in music. Fender and Brian Wilson. Awesome.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 06:10:49 AM »

A trio? I'm looking forward to see and hear more of this. Thanks for sharing!

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Crack Smokerson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 01:04:38 PM »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x0BMgIH493s

The poster formerly known as stack-o-tracks
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 01:21:12 PM »

Thanks! Brian seems to be in good spirits and Blondie's falsetto...? Not too shabby  Afro

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
thelonelysea
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 11:40:05 PM »

Me when he started singing "In My Room":  Love
branaa09
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 01:37:07 PM »

He actually mentions some things I had never heard before, such as how difficult it was to Mix down the Tracks for I Get Around. Yes Carl plays the Rhythm Guitar and Doubles it later and Brian remembered that there was Piano on it! Brian does remember things, just that he has to be comfortable to talk to you.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 01:38:04 PM by branaa09 » Logged
spgass
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2019, 01:17:39 PM »

Complimentary towards Mike in a couple of answers...  perhaps another reunion tour could happen??
marcella27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2019, 09:23:46 AM »

I found this so interesting.  First of all, Brian's singing sounds great.  So much stronger than the shows I saw in November.  This leads me to think that Brian's behaviour at those fall shows had a lot to do with him being tired and worn out and possibly being in pain.  Either that or they've really cleaned up his vocals in this video.  Any thoughts?  His singing at the beginning of California Girls was just beautiful. 

Blondie and Nicky are great too.  Nicky seems almost protective of Brian...very sweet. 
BeachBoysCovers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2019, 10:51:41 AM »

I found this so interesting.  First of all, Brian's singing sounds great.  So much stronger than the shows I saw in November.  This leads me to think that Brian's behaviour at those fall shows had a lot to do with him being tired and worn out and possibly being in pain.  Either that or they've really cleaned up his vocals in this video.  Any thoughts?  His singing at the beginning of California Girls was just beautiful. 

Blondie and Nicky are great too.  Nicky seems almost protective of Brian...very sweet. 

He might just feel less pressure in an almost empty room where he knows they can do second takes, compared to infront of a thousand people live.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx