gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
662027 Posts in 26535 Topics by 3795 Members - Latest Member: SeaOfTunes September 23, 2020, 02:14:58 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beach Boys Touring Lineups  (Read 28088 times)
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 06, 2020, 06:35:14 PM »

Yes, Ike seems to be, due to unfortunate circumstances, Jeff's permanent replacement on falsetto/rhythm guitar. We also have Christian playing rhythm too. Jeff seems to fill in when he can, or wants to, playing guitar throughout the show. When I saw the BBs in 2019, the band featured Ike, Totten, Christian, Foskett, and Stamos playing guitars! Definitively gave the group a great rocking edge that night! I spotted Stamos playing a few wrong chords during the show, so assumed his guitar was completely inaudible, but I heard it clearly on Forever, so perhaps his guitar playing is a similar deal to Bruce's keys being featured on Disney Girls
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: September 07, 2020, 07:49:40 AM »

Yes, Ike seems to be, due to unfortunate circumstances, Jeff's permanent replacement on falsetto/rhythm guitar. We also have Christian playing rhythm too. Jeff seems to fill in when he can, or wants to, playing guitar throughout the show. When I saw the BBs in 2019, the band featured Ike, Totten, Christian, Foskett, and Stamos playing guitars! Definitively gave the group a great rocking edge that night! I spotted Stamos playing a few wrong chords during the show, so assumed his guitar was completely inaudible, but I heard it clearly on Forever, so perhaps his guitar playing is a similar deal to Bruce's keys being featured on Disney Girls

There are at least a couple of other times in the show when Bruce's keyboard is audible in the mix: "Darlin'" and the first bridge of "Good Vibrations". Also, I think "Be True To Your School", since Tim only played organ & synth parts on that one, not piano. When I've seen them, anyhow, and there may be more.
Hang10Ben
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 20, 2020, 08:44:42 PM »

I did see a post or two from Mike Love at a concert back in February of this year where Jeff Foskett was an extra rhythm guitarist. Ike moved into Jeff's spot in rhythm guitar and Jeff became an occasional third rhythm guitarist.
Hang10Ben
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2020, 08:47:36 PM »

Andrew Clark played sax for Mike's group at shows in New England in 2014 and 2015 before Randy Leago joined the group in 2016.
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2020, 05:09:21 AM »

Hang10Ben

I was fortunate enough to see the group with Totten, Ike, Christian, and Foskett (and Stamos if he counts) all playing guitar. Great big rock and roll sound. Perfect for the surf/hot rod numbers, and especially those wall of sound arrangements with the layered guitars.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx