gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:16:57 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: What do I think of the mike love solo songs
Great! - 3 (8.8%)
Like it - 4 (11.8%)
Ok - 12 (35.3%)
Utter Shite - 10 (29.4%)
Gave me ear cancer - 5 (14.7%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Realistic Mike songs poll  (Read 3051 times)
Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2017, 04:05:23 AM »

Yeah, so I felt Dutchie's poll was missing some options.

To me it felt like he was trying to dictate opinion and silence criticism by not including any negative options. Yes. I know that can work both ways, but in the spirit of fairness and free speech, which is what we should be trying to promote on this board, here is Dutchie's poll amended.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 04:07:44 AM by Hickory Violet Part IV » Logged
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 04:58:53 AM »

Songs? some are a lot better than others - Latest one is dreadful but something like Cool Head Warm Heart is good.

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 05:02:40 AM »

There ya go.  And now the votes roll in.  The "utter shyte" really is devoid of meaningful talent.

WAIT!!!  STOP!!!
Don't ANYBODY here, there, or anywhere get me his soon to be inflicted upon an [mostly] unsuspecting  public 'talent-free'  experiment in creating air pollution using only a microphone.  Makes a shitty stocking-stuffer. 

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 05:30:35 AM »

Overall utter shite.

His more solo stuff with The Beach Boys (Getcha Back, Daybreak) I actually like - Daybreak more for the harmonies, Getcha Back is like The Beach Boys meet Bruce Springsteen and I love it. I will give the new album a fair listen and I’m sure there will be some good moments on it. But I’ve more often than not disliked what I’ve heard from solo Mike.  
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 05:31:38 AM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 06:34:42 AM »

Hey, I see one of the options has had no votes. Well it has now. LOL

With all due respect, I have great trouble taking polls like these seriously.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 07:00:46 AM »

I voted ok, even though there are a lot of songs that I love. The problem with ML music is for every song I love and cherish, there's one that I can't stand and makes me cringe... It's probably a 50-50 tie for those two feelings with his music where as with The BBs music it's probably 98% love 2% cringe.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 07:20:06 AM »

When two of the options are “utter shite” and “cancer” I don’t think anyone is actually trying to take this seriously haha. It’s just a response to someone’s fairly poor idea of a poll.

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 07:27:06 AM »

with The BBs music it's probably 98% love 2% cringe.

Pretty much how I feel. I think ‘student demonstration time’ is one of the only BBs songs of his I really despise (not counting all of SIP). This man brought us lyrics for ‘All I Wanna Do’ and ‘Pacific Ocean Blue’ - so when I hear some of his lousy solo stuff it makes me wonder what the hell happened.

Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 07:38:51 AM »

When two of the options are “utter shite” and “cancer” I don’t think anyone is actually trying to take this seriously haha. It’s just a response to someone’s fairly poor idea of a poll.

Also a response to the fact he's scuttled off now to moan about us at the PS forum. Childish of me I know but.........
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 07:48:08 AM »

Me too...but a LOT of it IS shyte.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2017, 07:55:18 AM »

Also a response to the fact he's scuttled off now to moan about us at the PS forum. Childish of me I know but.........

I think Dutchie expected much more of an explosive thread. You’ve been a fan for 33 years and you’re asking why there is hate for Mike Love? You’re walking into that expecting a shitstorm, just like Iain Lee did when he posed that question years ago. Unfortunately for Dutchie all the responses were fairly cordial given the absurdity of the original post, and his/her reason for quitting was even more absurd.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 02:10:34 AM »

Agree, strange poster (plus doesn't read with *great* attention what people actually tell him, politely). Anyhoo, chose "Ok".

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 03:25:21 AM »

I voted great. I love his solo song. Same as the one from brian, carl, dennis, al and Bruce.

Great topic btw.

Set aside: i thought it was all about the music and not the person who post...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 03:27:20 AM by Dutchie » Logged
Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 05:18:38 AM »

i thought it was all about the music and not the person who post...

All depends on the motives of the person posting.
Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2017, 06:29:09 AM »

And what are the motives of the poster than....everybody seems to know it but the poster....very strange.....
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2017, 08:55:44 AM »

I was hoping this was going to be a poll about the songs MikeŤŤ’s released on the record label Realistic.

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2017, 09:38:52 AM »

And what are the motives of the poster than....everybody seems to know it but the poster....very strange.....

Dutchie, just ignore me. I'm having a laugh at your expense and it's mean of me. I wish you no harm and I apologise.  Smiley
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx