gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 08:25:18 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Through The Mail Autographs  (Read 11134 times)
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2016, 02:48:18 PM »

Well, disregard my last post about "losing my stuff"to Mike and Bruce from October. I had written it off since the only other time I had a success, the turnaround was less than a week. Again, I sent via one of their tour stops in early-October, received back today postmarked December 31, 2015 from Vail, CO.

I was hoping the rest of the band would sign the promo photo, but now see their might not have been room to get the rest of the guys considering how dark the photo was, plus I didn't explicitly ask for any signature besides Mike and Bruce. Anyone else have success from Mike, Bruce or Al recently?

Where exactly did you send the envelope to and how did you address it?  It seems the guys are pretty good about signing, but I've wondered how to make sure the package actually gets delivered to them

Way back in 1992, I mailed a request to the band in care of a small local performing arts center that they were playing, and they sent me an 8x10 photo hand signed by the 4 guys (Mike, Carl, Al, & Bruce).  Carl also signed and inscribed the index card that I had sent with the request.
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2016, 05:34:26 PM »

Where exactly did you send the envelope to and how did you address it?  It seems the guys are pretty good about signing, but I've wondered how to make sure the package actually gets delivered to them

Way back in 1992, I mailed a request to the band in care of a small local performing arts center that they were playing, and they sent me an 8x10 photo hand signed by the 4 guys (Mike, Carl, Al, & Bruce).  Carl also signed and inscribed the index card that I had sent with the request.

Sending via venue is not an exact science. Depending on how close the venue is to you, I would suggest sending 7-10 days ahead of time. That gives it enough time to get their, process internally and, hopefully, passed along to the intended recipient. The basics of any through the mail request:

-  Envelope addressed to the recipient
-  Photo/item
-  Self addressed, stamped envelope

As an example, the Beach Boys play the Arvest Bank Theatre at the Midland in Kansas City on May 14, 2016. I Googled the address and would write the following on the envelope:

The Beach Boys
Arvest Bank Theatre at the Midland
1228 Main St
Kansas City, MO 64105

Again, since this is not a permanent address for them, there is no guarantee that it will be passed along to them. I have tried the Mike & Bruce led Beach Boys four times via venue with the following results:

- Success - one signed photo (I think I sent 2 or 3 photos in the request), less than one week turnaround
- Failure - never saw the photos/items, again
- Failure - venue returned my items and apologized that the mail had not been process fast enough to pass along to them. They did send me a copy of ESQ.
- Success - one signed photo, one signed Rolling Stone. Sent early-October, returned early-January (extended time out of the country in December).
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2016, 06:06:31 PM »

Earlier this month, I sent Al my BW Pet Sounds meet & greet photo and a Rolling Stone already signed by Mike and Bruce. He gave me some pretty cool inscriptions:

[/URL]

« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 06:11:55 PM by Marty Castillo » Logged
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2016, 06:26:05 PM »

I've recently had success through the mail with both Al and David.  They both gladly signed photos that I had taken with them.  It means a lot that they are willing to do this for their fans.  Not many big musicians do.
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2017, 01:36:22 PM »

I've recently had success through the mail with both Al and David.  They both gladly signed photos that I had taken with them.  It means a lot that they are willing to do this for their fans.  Not many big musicians do.

I can report that the PO Box you shared for Dave worked. I got a guitar pickguard signed and returned in about two weeks time.

Instructions from Carrie Marks were as follows:

*Your item will be signed and returned in the SASE you provide, so please make sure to include return packaging with proper postage along with the item.
**Please do not send any LPs or posters as they do not fit in the box.
***International mail must be no larger than a 4x6 inch envelope to avoid customs forms.
barf0wnz
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2017, 01:42:22 PM »

I believe Al & David both do TTM
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx