gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:52:08 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sweet Baboo's 'Dennis' EP  (Read 2512 times)
Matt P
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2017, 02:10:42 AM »

I happened across this yesterday, not sure if its been mentioned here before:  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dennis-Sweet-Baboo/dp/B018V4RZO0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1507453720&sr=8-1&keywords=sweet+baboo+dennis
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 04:43:49 AM »

Interesting stuff. Been meaning to listen to more of this guys music but never heard of this one.

Manfred
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 07:22:32 AM »

So ... what this has to do with Dennis, the gods know. In my opinion someone here tries to make a very cheap method of making money. The songs do not please me at all and have not the least in common with Dennis' way. The voice of the singer is uninteresting and goes not under the skin as  Dennisī.

And the cover version of Cuddle up has a wrong chord, is cheap and uninspired, sorry.

The only nice thing is the record cover - and this is a cheat pack !!!
Matt P
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 07:17:15 AM »

What a strange, over the top reaction.  I assume you don't like it then?
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 08:28:27 AM »

So ... what this has to do with Dennis, the gods know. In my opinion someone here tries to make a very cheap method of making money. The songs do not please me at all and have not the least in common with Dennis' way. The voice of the singer is uninteresting and goes not under the skin as  Dennisī.

And the cover version of Cuddle up has a wrong chord, is cheap and uninspired, sorry.

How is this a cheap method of making money?  I don't think there are a lot of people that would by this just because of a slight Dennis Wilson connection.  Most people don't know who Dennis is.
Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 08:59:58 AM »

I need to write more of my posts using Google translate.

Stop my son. That is not the Dennis way.
Manfred
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 06:55:50 AM »

Sorry, as a matter of fact I used the translater, because I copied it from the German board and was lazy.
Try to say it in perfect German, if you are able to.

I played Cuddle up in a concert here, backed by Billy Hinsche and Jeff Foskett on choir and that was something.
Billy: "You stole the show". Sorry for that as well (but thatīs  NOT my opinion! ).

Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2017, 11:03:43 AM »

I really like this! Captures the Adult/Child style very well! Sounds a lot like Dennis and 70s Brian vocally!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx