gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
622817 Posts in 25046 Topics by 3556 Members - Latest Member: 13thBB December 16, 2017, 12:34:38 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock and Rock Hall of Fame - 2018 Ballot  (Read 761 times)
KDS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2017, 09:42:56 PM »

Agreed with your list KDS, though Iíd replace The Cars and Bon Jovi with Sister Rosetta Tharpe and Link Wray. Iíd also be happy if MC5 gets in.

As a matter of fact, I seriously hope Bon Jovi doesnít get in this year, given the strength of the other acts and Bon Joviís overall mediocrity (IMO)

I have to say that from the mid 80s to 2000, Bon Jovi did little wrong.  And I think they have a better track record than several current RNRHOFers. 

Any opinions posted by me regarding the music of The Beach Boys, and their members, is in no way a show of disrespect towards any member of The Beach Boys, past or present.
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2017, 09:52:25 PM »

J.Geils band ..Moody Blues.. The Monkees...Robin Trower group..  Marshall Tucker band..Paul Butterfield..  Kansas..
KDS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2017, 06:05:50 AM »

J.Geils band ..Moody Blues.. The Monkees...Robin Trower group..  Marshall Tucker band..Paul Butterfield..  Kansas..

Kansas is unfortunately one of many 1970s AOR / arena bands that never get any respect from the music elitists / critics.  I'm hoping with Journey's induction last year, that might open the door for more of the Kansas, Boston, Styx, REO, type bands. 

Any opinions posted by me regarding the music of The Beach Boys, and their members, is in no way a show of disrespect towards any member of The Beach Boys, past or present.
SenorPotatoHead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2017, 01:35:51 PM »

My opinion of Wenner and the HOF is that he/it is an elitist pile o' crud, but if there's gonna be a HOF it's about time the Moodies were in there!  The Monkees (and I'd say Nesmith on his own as well), Zombies absolutely, and can I get some love for Jethro Tull?   Watch any number of live clips of Anderson and Tull (not to mention the many fine albums) and tell me they did not rock .  You can't, because they did!   Rock!
KDS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2017, 07:48:11 PM »

My opinion of Wenner and the HOF is that he/it is an elitist pile o' crud, but if there's gonna be a HOF it's about time the Moodies were in there!  The Monkees (and I'd say Nesmith on his own as well), Zombies absolutely, and can I get some love for Jethro Tull?   Watch any number of live clips of Anderson and Tull (not to mention the many fine albums) and tell me they did not rock .  You can't, because they did!   Rock!

Tull is very deserving.  But the hints of prog will likely keep them out. Im not sure what the rock elite hates more - prog, metal, or arena rock, but all three have been all but shunned.

Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2017, 09:14:11 PM »

Oh yes.... JETHRO TULL... I forgot they are NOT in HOF.. Talikng about no justice.. LOL
KDS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2017, 05:35:12 AM »

Oh yes.... JETHRO TULL... I forgot they are NOT in HOF.. Talikng about no justice.. LOL

It's easy to forget, or just assume a great band is already in there. 

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx