gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 08:28:43 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock and Rock Hall of Fame - 2018 Ballot  (Read 5266 times)
KDS
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2017, 09:42:56 PM »

Agreed with your list KDS, though I’d replace The Cars and Bon Jovi with Sister Rosetta Tharpe and Link Wray. I’d also be happy if MC5 gets in.

As a matter of fact, I seriously hope Bon Jovi doesn’t get in this year, given the strength of the other acts and Bon Jovi’s overall mediocrity (IMO)

I have to say that from the mid 80s to 2000, Bon Jovi did little wrong.  And I think they have a better track record than several current RNRHOFers. 
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2017, 09:52:25 PM »

J.Geils band ..Moody Blues.. The Monkees...Robin Trower group..  Marshall Tucker band..Paul Butterfield..  Kansas..
KDS
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2017, 06:05:50 AM »

J.Geils band ..Moody Blues.. The Monkees...Robin Trower group..  Marshall Tucker band..Paul Butterfield..  Kansas..

Kansas is unfortunately one of many 1970s AOR / arena bands that never get any respect from the music elitists / critics.  I'm hoping with Journey's induction last year, that might open the door for more of the Kansas, Boston, Styx, REO, type bands. 
SenorPotatoHead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2017, 01:35:51 PM »

My opinion of Wenner and the HOF is that he/it is an elitist pile o' crud, but if there's gonna be a HOF it's about time the Moodies were in there!  The Monkees (and I'd say Nesmith on his own as well), Zombies absolutely, and can I get some love for Jethro Tull?   Watch any number of live clips of Anderson and Tull (not to mention the many fine albums) and tell me they did not rock .  You can't, because they did!   Rock!
KDS
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2017, 07:48:11 PM »

My opinion of Wenner and the HOF is that he/it is an elitist pile o' crud, but if there's gonna be a HOF it's about time the Moodies were in there!  The Monkees (and I'd say Nesmith on his own as well), Zombies absolutely, and can I get some love for Jethro Tull?   Watch any number of live clips of Anderson and Tull (not to mention the many fine albums) and tell me they did not rock .  You can't, because they did!   Rock!

Tull is very deserving.  But the hints of prog will likely keep them out. Im not sure what the rock elite hates more - prog, metal, or arena rock, but all three have been all but shunned.
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2017, 09:14:11 PM »

Oh yes.... JETHRO TULL... I forgot they are NOT in HOF.. Talikng about no justice.. LOL
KDS
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2017, 05:35:12 AM »

Oh yes.... JETHRO TULL... I forgot they are NOT in HOF.. Talikng about no justice.. LOL

It's easy to forget, or just assume a great band is already in there. 
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx