gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:40:43 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love - Unleash the Love - Due November 17 - w/ 2nd Disc of BB Remakes  (Read 225576 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2017, 07:25:50 PM »

Just wanted to say, Mike Love makes me sick...
Welcome back Marty! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
jeffh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2017, 07:32:49 PM »

Also, who is the "AJR" featured on Darlin'?

Al Jardine's Replacement

Three brothers influenced by The Beach Boys. This track excites me, as AJR are very good. Check out the official videos of "I'm Ready " and "Call My Dad " on YouTube. They are very good. I saw them open for Ingrid Michaelson a while back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2dJxFIV28Y   20,000,000 hits on YouTube I'm Ready

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCo6_JbKp-A  Call My Dad A bit of Sloop John in this one
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 08:15:52 PM by jeffh » Logged
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2017, 07:50:53 PM »

Just wanted to say, Mike Love makes me sick...

w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t! w00t!

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2017, 07:56:38 PM »

The M A D M A N actually did it!!

Do happy happy happy Mission Pak singing sound!

My blog, where I post my original Beach Boys mixes and whatnot:
http://www.jiggy22.blogspot.com
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2017, 09:09:00 PM »

I'm glad to see him finally release a new solo album, but having the Beach Boys name on there, as pointed out elsewhere in the thread, is just the type of thing that Mike would sue about, so WTF?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 11:27:36 PM by ♩♬☮ Billy C ♯♫♩☮ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2017, 09:27:37 PM »

I'm not gonna lie, I get super excited anytime ANYTHING BBs related is released, be it an archival album, new compilation, or new solo work. I just can't contain my excitement... Ok, maybe I'm getting a little too excited--- this is a Mike Love solo album we're talking about. But Cool Head Warm Heart is amazing, and I'm looking forward to hearing some songs I never heard before. If these are the re-recordings featured in Mike's book trailer, I will be satisfied. They sounded pretty good in the trailer. I'm just really bummed that there's no Big Sur. The version in his book trailer sounded sooooo good!!!! PETITION FOR 4/4 BIG SUR TO BE RELEASED!!!
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2017, 09:33:50 PM »

Removed comment

I don't even know any such thing about AJD, but that is beyond a classless comment.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 02:21:45 AM by ♩♬☮ Billy C ♯♫♩☮ » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2017, 11:25:09 PM »

I edited it out. This wasn't the place for me to return the swipes he has taken at me, and I apologize.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 11:27:01 PM by ♩♬☮ Billy C ♯♫♩☮ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2017, 11:30:40 PM »

Not surprised that the reactions here are mostly negative, but I am glad this is finally getting released.
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2017, 12:48:37 AM »

I edited it out. This wasn't the place for me to return the swipes he has taken at me, and I apologize.

Fair enough, remove my quote of it too if you want to.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2017, 02:32:11 AM »

Also, who is the "AJR" featured on Darlin'?
Three brothers influenced by The Beach Boys. This track excites me, as AJR are very good. Check out the official videos of "I'm Ready " and "Call My Dad" on YouTube. They are very good.

I'll back that up. Brilliant band. Apparently Mike thinks so too.

This double album looks good. In a way, Beach Boys Re-Records was the one missing link in the chain. As I see it, if the various Boys were never to enter a recording studio again, the circle would now be complete. This was the one ingredient that was missing----an album of BB stuff played by Mike, Bruce and the band.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2017, 04:24:59 AM »

However I will say first off, where is "Big Sur"? I thought it was left off of Made In California cuz it was being "saved" for Mike's solo album?

Just for the record, this was speculation on my part a while back based solely off the fact that a re-recording of it ended up in a promo video for his book. Still, don’t know why they didn’t bring it out for this. Other Love/Lloyd re-recordings not making it to the album off the top of my head: “Surfin’ USA” & “Sloop John B.”

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
KDS
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2017, 05:28:38 AM »

Couple of observations

1.  The 1st disc is mildly intriguing. 

2.  The 2nd disc is completely unnecessary, and I don't understand why the surviving Beach Boys still feel compelled to try to re-record their old songs. 

3.  I wonder if this might lead to CD releases of his past solo albums

Bittersweet-Insanity
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2017, 05:38:31 AM »

i just want a high quality version of Trisha https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzyYIrQoZIc
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2017, 06:18:52 AM »

i just want a high quality version of Trisha https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzyYIrQoZIc

There's a 1998 version of Trisha available:

https://youtu.be/-p8R8HQUTgw

“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2017, 06:42:34 AM »

Hear the title track here: https://soundcloud.com/theendrecords/mike-love-unleash-the-love/s-t7WXN

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
Rich Panteluk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2017, 07:14:25 AM »

I'll buy this.  Always happy to have new material from the boys!  Getcha Back, I suspect, is the version they have been playing live with some new lyrics - a bit disappointed that Stamos is playing drums on it as I really like John's drumming on that tune.  Looking forward to Wild Honey with Cowsill - that has been a highlight of their live shows for me.  Good on Mike for finally getting some material out there. 
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2017, 08:42:09 AM »

Good if it gives Brian a reason to release a new album.

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2017, 09:37:35 AM »

I'll buy this.  Always happy to have new material from the boys!  Getcha Back, I suspect, is the version they have been playing live with some new lyrics - a bit disappointed that Stamos is playing drums on it as I really like John's drumming on that tune.  Looking forward to Wild Honey with Cowsill - that has been a highlight of their live shows for me.  Good on Mike for finally getting some material out there. 

I mean, he’s been putting material out there the last couple of years and it’s been consistently awful. I agree with Lonely Summer that the reaction here has been unsurprisingly negative, but I think that’s attributed to people here not being unrealistic about what we’ll be getting with this set...and it’s also attributed to people not being ignorant of Mike’s hypocrisy when it comes to his band mates releasing their own solo material (mike mocking Brian’s supposed use of autotune then using it in copiously laughable amounts, Mike getting all angsty and suing Brian for using The Beach Boys for a freebie CD but Mike is using it here to promote his own little solo venture, etc).

I’m with Thorgil though, if Brian is serious about recording a rock and roll album hopefully this will inspire some friendly competition and kick Brian into gear to make an awesome album.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
bonnevillemariner
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2017, 09:44:26 AM »

Wow. Hate the music, hate the kitschy lyrics, hate the bluesy tone. I cannot believe this man actually thinks he's a serious artist.
BBs Footage Saga
Smiley Smile Associate

FOOTAGE!!!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2017, 10:07:24 AM »

Where is the Big Sur remake of the Good Vibrations Book Trailer?
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2017, 10:19:21 AM »

Where is the Big Sur remake of the Good Vibrations Book Trailer?

You can hear it at about 0:54 of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OutWymKjErk.

southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2017, 11:12:56 AM »

That's awful.

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2017, 11:35:42 AM »

Finally its coming out ! YES  Cheesy
The Lovester
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2017, 11:50:32 AM »

Hmmmm, not as bad as I thought it would be, nor as bad as it could be. It doesn't sound too much like a Mike song, but if the production and instrumentation are an indication of the rest of the album, it might actually be good. Fingers crossed Grin
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 41 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx