gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 10:42:23 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love - Unleash the Love - Due November 17 - w/ 2nd Disc of BB Remakes  (Read 223763 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #775 on: November 22, 2017, 05:08:38 PM »

Sad listen to some classic BW....
  Like I ever stop Cool

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: November 22, 2017, 05:09:59 PM »

Watching Washington Capitals hockey on my end!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #777 on: November 22, 2017, 05:13:08 PM »

They got NBA on the TV here at work. *snore* Been listening to UTL on headphones....if I have another stroke I'm suing Mike, f*** it. LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 22, 2017, 05:16:09 PM »

Lovely Billy! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 22, 2017, 06:27:44 PM »

Glad to see OSD and I can rest on our laurels tonight....
Basking in the amazing Captainfantastic610 comment. My thoughts to the letter. BTW, has this piece of fertilizer charted?

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #780 on: November 22, 2017, 08:01:10 PM »

BTW, has this piece of fertilizer charted?

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: November 22, 2017, 08:07:17 PM »

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #782 on: November 22, 2017, 08:11:24 PM »

LOL

It's the aural equivalent of masturbating with sandpaper.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 08:53:41 PM by ♩♬☮ Billy C ♯♫♩☮ » Logged

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: November 22, 2017, 09:00:53 PM »

In the great "Police Avademy", Film 4, birds throw manure into Capt. Harris whilst he tries to make serious statement.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: November 22, 2017, 09:14:58 PM »

In the great "Police Avademy", Film 4, birds throw manure into Capt. Harris whilst he tries to make serious statement.

And there’s this...

“Fowl play: Thieves use bird poop ruse to distract and pickpocket victims in Hollywood”

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-bird-poop-pickpocket-thefts-20170907-story,amp.html

I could imagine fans who might feel hoodwinked after buying an album (that unbeknownst to them, had bad reviews scrubbed from Amazon) might feel a bit like Mike pickpocketed them too.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 11:15:27 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Zargo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: November 22, 2017, 10:27:40 PM »

Just got the CD today, and reading the liner notes, it seems Christian (and Brian) is all over the album. It certainly doesn't sound like Mike (robo or otherwise) on the verses of "Kiss me Baby" so it might be them on co-lead there. Perhaps Christian simply didn't want to be singing lead on "I Don't Wanna Know" and "Too Cruel" this time around, and wanted to be more subtle in his involvement?

Brian Eichenberger and Jacqueline Love designed the booklet, and it's pretty nice.

There's a photo of Brian and Mike on the "Brian's Back" page, with a hat-less Mike playing basketball with Brian. Looks like late 70's. Presumably the latter and/or his management must have approved for the photo to be in there.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #786 on: November 22, 2017, 10:49:14 PM »

Just got the CD today, and reading the liner notes, it seems Christian (and Brian) is all over the album.
Well, considering the 2012 version of DIA was used as the basis for this one...

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #787 on: November 22, 2017, 10:54:37 PM »

Just got the CD today, and reading the liner notes, it seems Christian (and Brian) is all over the album. It certainly doesn't sound like Mike (robo or otherwise) on the verses of "Kiss me Baby" so it might be them on co-lead there. Perhaps Christian simply didn't want to be singing lead on "I Don't Wanna Know" and "Too Cruel" this time around, and wanted to be more subtle in his involvement?

Brian Eichenberger and Jacqueline Love designed the booklet, and it's pretty nice.

There's a photo of Brian and Mike on the "Brian's Back" page, with a hat-less Mike playing basketball with Brian. Looks like late 70's. Presumably the latter and/or his management must have approved for the photo to be in there.

Assuming Mike owns the photo or obtained permission from the copyright holder, I don't believe he'd need Brian's permission to use a photo of Brian.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Zargo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: November 22, 2017, 11:20:39 PM »

Just got the CD today, and reading the liner notes, it seems Christian (and Brian) is all over the album.

Apologies, I meant Brian Love, Mike's other son. I'd be surprised if Brian Wilson was all over the album.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: November 22, 2017, 11:39:49 PM »

I find it ironic that Mike's Beach Boys are playing his new solo tunes, while Brian's band just plays the same old songs night after night. My opinion - i'm glad Mike is playing the new songs. I've been listening to some of the songs on youtube, and am enjoying what I've heard so far. Yeah, the autotune is not the best thing in the world, but that's how records are made these days. I will write more when I've had time to listen more. But it's not the trainwreck I was expecting.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #790 on: November 22, 2017, 11:40:45 PM »

Apologies, I meant Brian Love, Mike's other son. I'd be surprised if Brian Wilson was all over the album.

Gotcha. Thought you were referring to Do it again!

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #791 on: November 22, 2017, 11:55:49 PM »

I find it ironic that Mike's Beach Boys are playing his new solo tunes, while Brian's band just plays the same old songs night after night. My opinion - i'm glad Mike is playing the new songs. I've been listening to some of the songs on youtube, and am enjoying what I've heard so far. Yeah, the autotune is not the best thing in the world, but that's how records are made these days. I will write more when I've had time to listen more. But it's not the trainwreck I was expecting.

The good songs are great...ram Raj quite frankly is badass. The fact that I've had it stuck in my head all day says something,  and it had the best production on the album by far. As for the rest, well...Ambha Love sounds like she could have a good career on her own merits,  and the version of warmth of the sun sounds like it could be a hit today.

The problem is, the bad stuff is so bad that it ruins the good stuff. Like, awful. It'd be like if there was a BB compilation with two songs from pet sounds,  one from Friends, and the rest from SIP.

Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: November 23, 2017, 08:26:32 AM »

My quick 2 cents on Unleash The Love...

I'm not crazy about the majority of this album. The remakes are pointless to me, although I do like hearing John Cowsill on Wild Honey. And I think Ambha Love is a good singer. As far as the originals on Disc One go...I always liked Cool Head, Warm Heart (in fact I thought it was the best of the solo songs featured on 2006's Songs From Here & Back). Ram Raj is the best thing I ever hear from Mike as a solo artist. I actually love the song. I'm very impressed by it. A++.  But the rest of the album doesn't really work for me. I'm not gonna rag too hard on him for this release. I've heard worse. That is all from me on this topic....
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: November 23, 2017, 08:46:43 AM »

The good songs are great...ram Raj quite frankly is badass. The fact that I've had it stuck in my head all day says something,  and it had the best production on the album by far. As for the rest, well...Ambha Love sounds like she could have a good career on her own merits,  and the version of warmth of the sun sounds like it could be a hit today.

The problem is, the bad stuff is so bad that it ruins the good stuff. Like, awful. It'd be like if there was a BB compilation with two songs from pet sounds,  one from Friends, and the rest from SIP.

Ram Raj has its moments, but is ruined by the pointless “curry” remark at the end. There’s a documentary that was just made that talks about how the Apu character is offensive to a number of Indians; I imagine the filmmakers wouldn’t dig this “curry” bit either. I cannot wrap my head around why it is on there.

Imagine the band adding sushi or watermelon food references spoken in racial characterizations at the end of Sumahama or Johnny B Goode. Why is this any different?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 08:48:21 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #794 on: November 23, 2017, 08:48:53 AM »

Missed it aa I rarely pay attention to lyrics.  Wow...that's just...yeah.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: November 23, 2017, 08:49:31 AM »

Yeah..... Undecided

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #796 on: November 23, 2017, 10:16:30 AM »

Indefensible. ...

joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: November 23, 2017, 10:19:38 AM »

I'm glad someone brought up K-tell because that was something I was thinking too.. K-tell was a record label that used to sign "has been" oldies bands and singers to re-record their hit songs in usually crappy rearrangements on cheap studio equipment sometimes with synths, the reason for this is because they couldn't actually use the original masters because the original record companies who originally signed them owned the masters. So we get people like Little Richard, Herman's Hermits, The Classics 4, Jerry Lee Lewis and Jan and Dean rerecording their songs so they can get them released through K-tell (and other smaller labels) also can anyone say "Mike and Dean" lol...not only that but it seems Love is pulling a Ray Stevens, if you notice Stevens has rerecorded ALL of his hits but not only that but he keeps on rereleasing his newer songs from the 80's and 90's on ALL of his new albums mixed in with brand new songs...
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: November 23, 2017, 10:20:04 AM »

Insert Filleplage rant here about curry....

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: November 23, 2017, 10:28:58 AM »

Insert Filleplage rant here about curry....

In an attempt to curry favor and get upgraded “BBs” tickets  LOL

Seriously, in 2017 I don’t know how Mike okayed the curry line.  I played it for my coworkers, who sat slack-jawed in disbelief. One of them suggested that perhaps it was somebody who worked in production on the album slipping it in intentionally as a goof at the eleventh hour, to make Mike look bad. Troll on the staff perhaps?

Isn’t that also the theory on how the song “can’t stop talking about American girls” is vocally in the wrong key?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 10:37:41 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 41 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx