-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 08:25:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  13-year-old guitarist from Kabul invited to meet Beach Boys’ Brian Wilson
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 13-year-old guitarist from Kabul invited to meet Beach Boys’ Brian Wilson  (Read 14309 times)
ericxplackis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2017, 04:12:56 AM »

Some choice comments from Brian's Facebook page.

"WHY DAM GUYS she a terrorist , that gittar is loaded with c-4 and a timed detonater just waiting for a lonely service man to touch it off , next line of crap please"

"What if this girl is simply a terror plot to kill Brian Wilson? I'm sorry, but I'm not sure if people from Kabul use "Love & Mercy" as inspirational music. I'm not political, but at the same time I don't buy this."

"Sorry. Maybe later. Or hes rich he can go there. PS this is a bs agenda as its the same plan as Obama."

"sure let her come visit... so her parents can blow up an airport or a train station"

But this isn't about racism at all, right?

This is embarrassing.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2017, 04:49:54 AM »

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2017, 10:40:54 AM »

The irony of liberals grouping together all Trump supporters racist, especially when Hillary was affiliated with KKK leaders, is hysterical

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2017, 10:45:43 AM »

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2017, 10:49:06 AM »

JK has a nice sandbox! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2017, 11:15:36 AM »

The irony of liberals grouping together all Trump supporters racist, especially when Hillary was affiliated with KKK leaders, is hysterical

Please take this s**t to the sandbox.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
joe_blow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2017, 02:58:15 PM »

Scandalous. Not only for the visa thing (which to some extent can be understood given circumstances I'm not familiar with), however when alleged Beach Boys fans who allegedly support Brian Wilson and most likely sing along to the song "Love and Mercy" at his concerts, when they take to threatening Brian or his invited guest, then they are the scum of this Earth.

And we all know they voted Trump. Despicable, racist, mouth-breathing imbeciles and dotards the whole lot of them.
Not sure I get your post's meaning but but calling people racist without evidence loses you the argument.

Yeah. Just because they voted for a racist who has racists in his cabinet doesn't meant that THEY are racists! Actually I'm only half joking as I do know people who voted for him that aren't racist,  but it's hard not to lump everybody together when they support the KKK -endorsed president

But this just veered into sandbox territory. ...

How is Trump a racist. Is there any evidence? Did you see who he helped yesterday? Probably not, as CNN or MSNB won't bother with it. Take some time to find out. When he condemned the KKK did you hear it? When he bought a resort and changed the rules to allow minorities in was it well publicized? Actually it was, because this was done before he was a Republican.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2017, 03:14:13 PM »

Scandalous. Not only for the visa thing (which to some extent can be understood given circumstances I'm not familiar with), however when alleged Beach Boys fans who allegedly support Brian Wilson and most likely sing along to the song "Love and Mercy" at his concerts, when they take to threatening Brian or his invited guest, then they are the scum of this Earth.

And we all know they voted Trump. Despicable, racist, mouth-breathing imbeciles and dotards the whole lot of them.
Not sure I get your post's meaning but but calling people racist without evidence loses you the argument.

Yeah. Just because they voted for a racist who has racists in his cabinet doesn't meant that THEY are racists! Actually I'm only half joking as I do know people who voted for him that aren't racist,  but it's hard not to lump everybody together when they support the KKK -endorsed president

How is Trump a racist. Is there any evidence? Did you see who he helped yesterday? Probably not, as CNN or MSNB won't bother with it. Take some time to find out. When he condemned the KKK did you hear it? When he bought a resort and changed the rules to allow minorities in was it well publicized? Actually it was, because this was done before he was a Republican.

Sure took him a good while to condemn them, though.

but in any case...here are some examples...

1) Trump implied that the federal judge presiding over a class action against the for-profit Trump University, could not fairly hear the case because of his Mexican heritage.

(exact quote follows)“He’s a Mexican,” Trump told CNN . “We’re building a wall between here and Mexico. The answer is, he is giving us very unfair rulings — rulings that people can’t even believe.” FYI: the judge in question is  an American citizen who was born in Indiana.

2)sued in 1973 by the Justice Dept for racial discrimination, and settled...only to have the same thing happen 3 years later

3) Some of the language used: Virtually every time Trump mentions a minority group, he uses the definite article "the", as in “the Hispanics,” “the Muslims” and “the blacks.”

4) Of course the proposed banning of any one of Muslim descent from entering the US, but we knew that already...

But if he himself actually truly is not a racist, at the very least he is extremely ignorant
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 03:23:48 PM by ♩♬☮ Billy C ♯♫♩☮ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2017, 06:36:06 PM »

Wow, you are just fucking stupid to believe that.  Who did you hear that from?  Alex Jones, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh???

And joe blow, you're just blindly ignorant and I'm not going to waste my time arguing with your bullshit.

joe_blow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2017, 09:40:01 PM »

Yeah. Just because they voted for a racist who has racists in his cabinet doesn't meant that THEY are racists! Actually I'm only half joking as I do know people who voted for him that aren't racist,  but it's hard not to lump everybody together when they support the KKK -endorsed president

Sure took him a good while to condemn them, though.
Not as long as it took Obama to condemn black killers of white Dallas cops because of their race...actually we're still waiting to hear from Obama on that.

but in any case...here are some examples...

1) Trump implied that the federal judge presiding over a class action against the for-profit Trump University, could not fairly hear the case because of his Mexican heritage.
Mexacan is not a race.

(exact quote follows)“He’s a Mexican,” Trump told CNN . “We’re building a wall between here and Mexico. The answer is, he is giving us very unfair rulings — rulings that people can’t even believe.” FYI: the judge in question is  an American citizen who was born in Indiana.

2)sued in 1973 by the Justice Dept for racial discrimination, and settled...only to have the same thing happen 3 years later
so guilty?

3) Some of the language used: Virtually every time Trump mentions a minority group, he uses the definite article "the", as in “the Hispanics,” “the Muslims” and “the blacks.”
Right, and your point? I haven't heard that. On July 6th :“many fabulous people come in from Mexico and our country is better for it. But these people are here legally, and are severely hurt by those coming in illegally. I am proud to say that I know many hard working Mexicans—many of them are working for and with me…and, just like our country, my organization is better for it. […] I have great respect for Mexico and love their people and their peoples’ great spirit.”

4) Of course the proposed banning of any one of Muslim descent from entering the US, but we knew that already...
Are Muslims a race? How can you come from Muslim decent?

But if he himself actually truly is not a racist, at the very least he is extremely ignorant
Says one who thinks Mexicans are Muslims are races.

Cue bass solo
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2017, 09:57:39 PM »

Sigh...

I know "Mexican" is not a race; My last name is Castillo.   It is true that Muslims are not a race. The word “Muslim” itself connects to followers of Islam, a world religion — not a “race.” Muslims are a diverse religious grouping, just like people of Mexican heritage are just one part of the hispanic race. Racism is no longer about race (skin color) but culture. People are  discriminated against not (simply) because of the color of their skin (or other phenotypes) but because of their beliefs and practices associated with some “imagined culture.” But I think you knew that already.

Not as long as it took Obama to condemn black killers of white Dallas cops because of their race...actually we're still waiting to hear from Obama on that.
I didn't vote for Obama...nice of you to immediately jump to conclusions. I never brought him up, so why did you? Hmmm...if you can jump to conclusions, so can I. If it was Obama saying the same things about white people, would you be okay with it? I have a feeling you wouldn't, a rather strong feeling.

But, I get it though. Gotta keep that dixie pride going
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 09:59:38 PM by ♩♬☮ Billy C ♯♫♩☮ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
wilsonart1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2017, 04:32:34 AM »

Wow! you family out and about are being rough on one another.  Wilson's music seemed to bring a special sprit, place to my self. Always hoped it did the same to others. I enjoy when I find others that get that same feeling and thought/hoped these rooms would be a melting pot for this.  Good to have a chat , a few words,. both sides or several sides all have plenty of fire in them. It's to bad we can't trade and purchase items on line, it would give us better things to do in here. Time to run , my enemy a male black bear is wrecking the bird feeder. Fatting up for his winter sleep at my expense. Things could be worse.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2017, 05:42:45 AM »

EDIT
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 06:54:12 AM by Chocolate Shake Man » Logged
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2017, 06:15:48 AM »

Some choice comments from Brian's Facebook page.

"WHY DAM GUYS she a terrorist , that gittar is loaded with c-4 and a timed detonater just waiting for a lonely service man to touch it off , next line of crap please"

"What if this girl is simply a terror plot to kill Brian Wilson? I'm sorry, but I'm not sure if people from Kabul use "Love & Mercy" as inspirational music. I'm not political, but at the same time I don't buy this."

"Sorry. Maybe later. Or hes rich he can go there. PS this is a bs agenda as its the same plan as Obama."

"sure let her come visit... so her parents can blow up an airport or a train station"

But this isn't about racism at all, right?
Awful. These are completely stupid ideas. They're something I've hoped never to see on BB-related topics.
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2017, 11:56:23 AM »

Well then you should've cast a blank ballot of boycotted the elections! At least not vote for Trump, dummy.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: