gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680746 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 11:20:57 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My 10 year old wrote a song " Mean Girls"  (Read 3173 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« on: September 24, 2017, 01:01:50 AM »

https://soundcloud.com/user-105099847/mean-girls

She wrote the bassline melody on the keyboard, and hummed me the melody to go over it (and wrote it down on paper so I wouldn't get it wrong LOL  ) I then added a beat, and one new section.

This is our first collaboration, although this is mainly her.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 05:30:42 AM »

https://soundcloud.com/user-105099847/mean-girls

She wrote the bassline melody on the keyboard, and hummed me the melody to go over it (and wrote it down on paper so I wouldn't get it wrong LOL  ) I then added a beat, and one new section.

This is our first collaboration, although this is mainly her.

Your daughter's one talented lady! Very melodic, but it also has a mean groove, particularly the dark bit at 2:15. I also like the little dissonance that crops up a couple times after 2:45!

As for duff notes----don't forget one of the hooks of Numan's "Are 'Friends' Electric?" began as a duff note. Grin

A dream team, that's for sure. Looking forward to more.  Smiley

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 11:01:49 AM »

This was our first real collaboration; she used to just make suggestions if she was in the same room as me while I was working on something!

I mainly did the beat and transcribed what she wanted as best as humanly possible. The part at 2:45 ironically enough was the one original section I contributed.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 05:45:34 AM »

Jaymie's really talented. I like the melody. Tell her to keep it up! 3D Btw, did she tell why such title?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 11:08:10 AM »

Jaymie's really talented. I like the melody. Tell her to keep it up! 3D Btw, did she tell why such title?

I'll let her know!

I asked her about the title...she just said she was thinking about the movie "Mean Girls" when she was working on it.

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 12:36:00 PM »

Tell her this is great! Reminds me of early ps1 games music! Make sure she has as many music tools as you can provide, so she can make the most out of her skills!

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx