gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:04:07 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Idol Dennis Wilson  (Read 5964 times)
Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

My Favorite Beach Boy ( The Real Surfer)

View Profile
« on: September 17, 2017, 05:40:10 AM »

What happened to Dennis Wilson and With Shawn Love his 1982 Wife?  I mean is their any pictures of them? police

I had a fast Life
Michael Edward Osbourne
Smiley Smile Associate

My name is Lovecifer. Please take my hand. \m/

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 08:04:03 AM »

Here's one
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 08:05:18 AM by Mike Garneau » Logged
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 09:15:00 AM »

It wasn't a happy marriage.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/the-beach-boy-who-went-overboard-19840607

By the end of 1981, Dennis and Shawn's relationship showed signs of strain. "He was acting like a real punk," said Shawn. "He was drunk and high. It was embarrassing to me. One of my girlfriends told me he was trying to take another girlfriend to bed."

Shawn was furious. "I ran up to him in the alley, and I just slugged him in the face," she said. "I came up to him like, 'I am going to kill you.' We got into a full-on fight. He didn't actually punch me, but he had me down. He dragged me by my hair."

Despite the ongoing friction, Dennis and Shawn were married in July 1983, nearly a year after their son, Gage Dennis, was born. By the fall of 1983, there wasn't much of a relationship left. Scrawled in crayon on the walls of their house at 6120 Trancas Canyon Road in Malibu were the phrases "No love" and "No respect." The house was a shambles. Doors were broken. On one occasion, Shawn nearly drove her silver BMW into the front door. Less than a month before he died, Dennis smashed the windows of the same car with a baseball bat.

Dennis and Shawn separated. "I left partially because of me and Dennis not getting along because of personal things — jealousies and stuff," said Shawn. She moved into a $150-a-week room at the Santa Monica Bay Inn, a stone's throw from the drug connection Dennis Wilson turned to when he needed cocaine. A divorce was in the works at the time of his death. Shawn claims that they were working things out, but adds, "We probably would have been together, then apart again."
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 09:21:23 AM by Rocky Raccoon » Logged

B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 09:27:11 AM »

Well, that's a tasteless title.

Every wave is new until it breaks.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 12:36:49 PM »

Found these on pinterest:

1988, San Diego, CA.
Mike, Carl and Al backstage with
Shawn Love (and, presumably, Gage)...

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 06:32:17 PM »

You mean the thread title?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 06:59:15 PM »

You mean the thread title?
No. The title of the article posted by Rocky Raccoon.

thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 04:21:04 AM »

Yeah, and extremely so (the Rolling Stone article's title, of course).
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 04:22:30 AM by thorgil » Logged

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
KDS
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 05:41:47 AM »

Rolling Stone probably isn't clever enough to be offensive intentionally, and not smart enough to release it might've been in poor taste. 
wild neon sins
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 05:16:49 PM »

Rolling Stone probably isn't clever enough to be offensive intentionally, and not smart enough to release it might've been in poor taste.  

same title as used on the original article in 84 (scans are/ or used to be somewhere in the media section of this board), somebody released enough not to quote it on the front cover - cover headline is The Last Days Of Dennis Wilson ( ironically next to how to get off cocaine & main cover feature on Boy George).
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 05:17:20 PM by wild neon sins » Logged

"And suddenly I find myself, listening to a man I've never known before,
Telling me about the sea..."

Looking for contributions for a Dennis fanzine
https://denniswilsonzine.tumblr.com
wild neon sins
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 05:31:59 PM »

Just salvaged some pics from photobucket and reupped

Dennis, Shawn and Gage in a stroller.
Sorry about the poor picture quality - had to point a camera at the pic in an early edition of Denny Remembered.

Sad pic of the three of them (was found on a facebook group)

Shawn, Gage and Dennis from People Magazine's early 84 article on Dennis' death (cropped from their offical scan - http://archive.people.com/people/archive/jpgs/19840116/19840116-750-26.jpg).

« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 05:39:58 PM by wild neon sins » Logged

wild neon sins
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2017, 05:56:07 PM »

https://s20.postimg.org/nxz1muit9/gagedennisshawndennyremembered_zpse57da487.jpg
Sorry about the poor picture quality - had to point a camera at the pic in an early edition of Denny Remembered.

There's a similar (but sadder) colour photo taken by Joanne Figueroa  shared on Annie (& Ed Grin) Roach's facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/ann.m.roach.1/posts/10208816639126582

c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2017, 07:13:59 PM »

Shawn, Gage and Dennis from People Magazine's early 84 article on Dennis' death (cropped from their offical scan - http://archive.people.com/people/archive/jpgs/19840116/19840116-750-26.jpg).

Top pic is from Pine Knob, May '83.
Middle pic is from The Beach Boys' final official photo shoot with all six, August '83. Guess they had some individual/family shots taken as well.
Bottom pic is from Montego Bay, Jamaica, November '82.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 07:15:55 PM by c-man » Logged
MrRobinsonsFather
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2017, 09:24:29 PM »

Geez she really does look alot like Mike in the face, guess I never paid too much attention to it. That other photo with Mike and Shawn must of been pretty awkward, can only imagine. What a strange situation.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2017, 11:05:03 PM »

Geez she really does look alot like Mike in the face, guess I never paid too much attention to it. That other photo with Mike and Shawn must of been pretty awkward, can only imagine. What a strange situation.

If there's something that could contribute to a person indulging in substances and other unfortunate issues, I imagine that denying paternity would be a prime example of something that could mess said offspring up.  It's actually unfathomably rotten to me.  There's little to no doubt from the resemblance.  In fact, I'm sure with DNA testing it could be proven today.

On the other hand, we have those photos from 1988 from backstage where everybody is interacting together. Could it simply have just been a case of "tough love" on behalf of Mike? I really can't understand it, but it just makes me sad to think about.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 11:12:53 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Pacific Ocean Blue
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2017, 03:58:34 AM »

When did Dennis start dating Shawn?  Also what was the beef between Dennis and Mike, was it due to him dating Shawn?
wild neon sins
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2017, 02:20:06 PM »

Also what was the beef between Dennis and Mike, was it due to him dating Shawn?

According to the Carli Munoz interview in Adam Webb's book Dumb Angel Dennis claimed Mike did something pretty horrible

(screen shot from amazon's look inside - page 187 on their edition)

"He always had a deep-seated grudge with Mike. I don't know whether it was because of competition but they were very different persons. Totally incompatible people - like night and day. I asked Dennis one time what the root of it was and he claimed one time Michael gave him acid put him on a motorcycle and then took him for a ride. A real scary ride, that freaked him out." 

MrRobinsonsFather
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2017, 05:08:16 AM »

It is a sad situation.
Concerning the Mike and Dennis beef it started long before Shawn. I recall Dennis slept with Mike’s one of many wife’s, dont think their relationship was ever the same after that.
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2017, 09:29:52 AM »

Mike giving someone acid with his long standing disapproval of drugs especially LSD? 

Does not compute.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2017, 10:29:57 AM »

I've noticed that in most of the 1983 pics of Dennis he is consistently tilting his head to one side or the other. I wonder why? It seems like it's to much to consider it as just a coincidence.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
B.E.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2017, 01:02:48 PM »

I've noticed that in most of the 1983 pics of Dennis he is consistently tilting his head to one side or the other. I wonder why? It seems like it's to much to consider it as just a coincidence.

It's just a habit some people have, particularly, when posing for a picture. I've always thought of it as an endearing pose. Anyway, there are a lot of photos of Dennis doing that throughout the years. 

Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2017, 02:22:23 PM »

Shawn sure does resemble Mike facially, but I don't take that as proof of paternity. Yes, I was one of those fooled a couple years ago by someone calling themselves Denni Leann, claiming to be DW's daughter.  Shocked
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2017, 04:23:34 AM »

"I asked Dennis one time what the root of it was and he claimed one time Michael gave him acid put him on a motorcycle and then took him for a ride. A real scary ride, that freaked him out." 
Makes no sense. Too random.

It's just a habit some people have, particularly, when posing for a picture. 
Right.

Shawn sure does resemble Mike facially, but I don't take that as proof of paternity.
Yes, million people with same thin/ non-existent lips, tiny teeth etc.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx