gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:01:41 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pet Sounds complete recording sessions  (Read 1728 times)
Vale
Smiley Smile Associate

Drink a little drip drip drip drip drink a little

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2017, 05:47:49 AM »

In order to reconstruct the complete Pet Sounds recording sessions, which sources do you think are needed?
I mean PS Boxset from 97, SOT, Vigotone/YD, PS50th... and so on...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 05:48:23 AM by Vale » Logged

The Beach Boys' music and history have marked the most important stages of my life so far.
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 08:42:51 AM »

You need Sea of Tunes Unsurpassed Masters Vol 12 (for Sloop sessions), 13-14 (PS sessions) and 15 for the GV sessions that were recorded during Pet Sounds, if you want to go that far.  I'll exclude GV from any further listings because all of the early sessions are on UM Vol 15 plus some early mixes on the Smiley/WH 2fer.

Official releases:  Pet Sounds Sessions box, Good Vibrations Thirty Years box set (for the alternate Hang on to Your Ego), Made in the USA for the alternate mix of Wouldn't It Be Nice (can't remember if this is on the PS Sessions box or not), Pet Sounds 50th for alternate mix of I Know There's an Answer and I Know There's an Answer vocal session (the later I'm sure is on the UM Pet Sounds session somewhere).

Odds and Ends:  Goodbye Surfing Hello God has "Banana and Louie Beagle Recording Session" and supposedly three alternate mono mixes of Pet Sounds tracks.
Vale
Smiley Smile Associate

Drink a little drip drip drip drip drink a little

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 12:28:33 AM »

Thanks @bicyclerider!!
I'm trying to reconstruct chronologically the whole session.

The Beach Boys' music and history have marked the most important stages of my life so far.
Ebb and Flow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 02:00:54 AM »

The SOT sets have nearly everything, but there are a few sessions that showed up on earlier boots and are no longer in the official tape archive: an early take of "Don't Talk" on a boot called "Unreleased Gems" and excerpted session chatter from that session and excerpted session chatter from "Let's Go Away For A While" on a boot called "Leggo My Ego".
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx