gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680756 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 03:17:57 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys recognition in public in 2017  (Read 7529 times)
petsoundsnola
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2017, 06:46:13 AM »

I love all of these stories, Beach Boys, and others. 

My wife and I ran into various members of Aerosmith in April 1997 at Disneyworld.  We saw Joe Perry and his wife eating dinner at Cinderella Castle, Brad Whitford walking around, and Steven Tyler at the Japan Exhibit in Epcot. 

Steven had one of the Disney hospitality people walking with him.  My wife slowly walked over to him, said hello, and clicked a close-up picture of him.  Thankfully, he wasn't upset.  When the picture came out he looked like a deer in headlights, and the Disney person behind him looked shocked.  I wish I could find that picture!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2017, 06:59:27 AM »

For those curious about Jeff Beck in the aftermath of the 2013 Brian/Jeff Beck tour, I have an amusing but less fluffy story.

One of my old friends was/is a huge Jeff Beck fan. He (coincidentally, I guess?) was also into old hot rods and '32 coupes and all of that like Jeff Beck is. He was attending a car show in the SF Bay Area in, I'm guessing either the 70s or early-mid 80s, and noticed Jeff Beck was there milling around like everyone else at the show. Clearly, nobody was noticing Beck. He already had his camera with him for the show, so he started snapping photos of Beck from a good distance. I'm not sure if Beck started moving closer (still not knowing about the camera) or my friend started moving a bit closer, but at some point Beck finally noticed the camera and gave him the most intense, hilarious death stare of all time. I think after a few more, once he saw how pissed Beck was getting, he stopped. So he avoided Beck coming over and smashing his camera, etc. (I'm not sure if Beck would have actually done that of course). But the pictures are legendary and hilarious.

I have a more kind of sad, poignant (but still quite interesting) story about someone in my family running into Steve Marriott (Small Faces, Humble Pie), but I'll save that for another time.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx