gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:22:46 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Favorite BBs clip
California Dreamin'
Cottonfields
Crocodile Rock
Do It Again
Don't Go Near The Water
Friends
Getcha Back
Girls On The Beach
God Only Knows
Good Vibrations
I Can Hear Music
In My Room
It's Gettin' Late
Kokomo
Little Honda
Lonely Sea
Long Promised Road
The Monkey's Uncle
Problem Child
Rock & Roll To The Rescue
Sloop John B
Somewhere Near Japan
Still Cruisin'
Summer Of Love
Surf's Up
That Same Song
That's Why God Made The Radio
Time To Get Alone
Wake The World
Wipe Out

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which BBs clip do you like the best?  (Read 11358 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2017, 12:41:30 AM »

Shindig, Ed Sullivan, the like shows/ fan vids/ BBs doc/ gigs rule out.
Exception: Brian at Bernstein's, TSS. GOK clip - the Boys in masks. GV - with fire helmets/ United Western footage.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 01:30:10 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 04:51:34 AM »

"That Same Song" -fun video and arrange, actually as good as the one on the album.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 05:02:53 AM »

I hardly know any of these clips (I'm more of a listener).

Of the ones I do know, as we can only vote once, I'll say "DGNTW", as it features the Brighton Pavilion. 

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
KDS
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 07:09:52 AM »

Im going with the fun Sloop John B clip.

So good it was lovingly recreated for the Love and Mercy movie
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 07:40:04 AM by KDS » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 07:32:04 PM »

Yes, SJB's the best. It's cool they added it to the L&M script but I wouldn't say it's the exact recreation as some folks said in the said thread.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
KDS
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 05:24:09 AM »

Yes, SJB's the best. It's cool they added it to the L&M script but I wouldn't say it's the exact recreation as some folks said in the said thread.

They didn't recreate the full clip (they left out the Derek Taylor appearance), but close to it. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 07:09:46 AM »

Derek Taylor aside, the clip isn't totally identical. Some people went "Wow!" with the SJB scene. When it's clearly & I mean clearly not the exact thing.

Scaroline No
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 07:14:58 AM »

I picked Surf's Up.

But I love the SJB clip also, and the Lonely Sea one, too.

Good Vibrations - which one? fire hall or the studio footage? I'll take the studio footage one.

1. Surf's Up
2. Sloop John B.
3. Lonely Sea
4. Good Vibrations (studio footage)
5. That Same Song

not listed - the 1964 Ed Sullivan Show clip of I Get Around (not the miming one by the car, the one where they're actually playing).
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 07:17:57 AM by SCaroline Z » Logged
KDS
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 07:17:04 AM »

Derek Taylor aside, the clip isn't totally identical. Some people went "Wow!" with the SJB scene. When it's clearly & I mean clearly not the exact thing.

Sure it's not "exact" but the parts of the promo that they recreated are pretty darn close. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 07:18:35 AM »

Nice to see you posting, Z, but read the OP. There's answer to your GV question & to the note about Sullivan & the like shows.

Btw, it doesn't show you picked SU.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 07:20:43 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Scaroline No
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 07:23:10 AM »

Nice to see you posting, Z, but read the OP. There's answer to your GV question & to the note about Sullivan & the like shows.

Btw, it doesn't show you picked SU.

Woops, I forgot to click the Submit button. Fixed that.

I see now I missed your conditions for inclusion in the poll. I'm still recovering from the weekend, LOL.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 07:24:35 AM »

Sure it's not "exact" but the parts of the promo that they recreated are pretty darn close. 
I talk about posters who really showed amazement at how identical the clip in L&M is. They didn't say it's close - well some said - but really-really claimed it to be perfect recreation. About which I say it's not.

KDS
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2017, 07:28:09 AM »

I talk about posters who really showed amazement at how identical the clip in L&M is. They didn't say it's close - well some said - but really-really claimed it to be perfect recreation. About which I say it's not.

That's your opinion, but for the parts of the clip that they recreated, I'm not sure how they could've possibly done much better. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2017, 08:00:17 AM »

Seems like our definition of "identical" differs. The classic meaning proves the point that the clip's not. There's some little nuances that don't look exactly as the real SJB. Not to mention there is Dennis in L&M scene when there shouldn't.

KDS
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2017, 08:09:03 AM »

Seems like our definition of "identical" differs. The classic meaning proves the point that the clip's not. There's some little nuances that don't look exactly as the real SJB. Not to mention there is Dennis in L&M scene when there shouldn't.

I'll have to watch that again.  I don't recall the Dennis character being in the SJB scene in Love and Mercy. 
bluesno1fann
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2017, 10:29:47 PM »

Voted for Surf's Up, as I have always loved that performance by Brian on just the piano. Stripped down, raw and.... and very much effective
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2017, 01:46:57 AM »

I hardly know any of these clips (I'm more of a listener).

Same here.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
blueeyedtreefrog
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2017, 09:14:14 AM »

Brian on the piano playing Surf's up with that angelic voice of his was what actually turned me on to the Beach Boys. I used to be the "casual fan" before that, I guess - loved Pet Sounds and the hits before it, but didn't really knew their music or history.  It was only after watching the video from The Rock Revolution that I really started to research them, like buying books, looking for studio sessions, buying all their albums on vinyl etc. That performance was a game changer for me. And I am still astounded by it. Other than that, I think Brian is so handsome in it, hahaha, his hair looks so nice... And love the way he really seems into the music, with his eyes closed, it's pure expression. Another thing that I've always noticed is how he barely opens his mouth even to reach those insanely high notes.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2017, 07:48:55 PM »

It's good post, blueeyedtreefrog.

thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2017, 04:57:54 AM »

1) Do It Again. I love any clip of it, as it's such an exhilarating song in any live setting. My favourite is the 1995 one with Brian, Carnie and Wendy.
2) Good Vibrations (studio footage)
3) Time To Get Alone (sessions 1968).
4) Sloop John B (promo film).
5) In My Room (1964).
Not  listed: Forever, Central Park 1971.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 05:01:24 AM by thorgil » Logged

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2017, 05:26:34 AM »

Not  listed: Forever, Central Park 1971.
Thanks to join, thorgil, but this doesn't count. They did too many shows it would be thousands to choose from. Here it's clips, movie features, studio footage. Read the OP. police

BBs Footage Saga
Smiley Smile Associate

FOOTAGE!!!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2018, 11:25:50 AM »

Cottonfields of Something Else, the full clip is a collecionist video but the most beautiful clip of the boys that i ever have seen. the clip of Something Else of Good Vibes is very very beautiful also.

Also unlisted (Because is a coleccionist piece) the promo film of Good vibration broacasted on  french tv programme TILT 1966 whose footage was used for a you're so good to me promo that i also have seen.

Exactly the footage of TILT GOOD VIBES and You're So Good To Me promo is this but in black and white: https://youtu.be/plv7LBQGar4?t=25s

Also a short version of the friends promo exist.

I Know there's an answer promo exists with the footage of the masks promo.

BBs Footage Saga
Smiley Smile Associate

FOOTAGE!!!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2018, 11:27:20 AM »

Wake the world is fanmade
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx