gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680828 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 05:26:19 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Denny's birthdate mentioned in Close Encounters of the Third Kind  (Read 1149 times)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2017, 12:59:56 PM »

Just rewatched this fine film in the theater for its 40th anniversary re-release, and noticed that near the end of the film, Richard Dreyfuss' character gives his date of birth as December 4, 1944.

Being that Denny saw another Spielberg alien film of that era (E.T.) in the theater, according to Ed Roach, I wonder if Denny saw Close Encounters in the theater and did a spit take?

Separate from that, it's interesting to think about what other famous events happened on the actual dates of birth of other BB members. Has anyone ever pulled the front page of newspapers from microfiche to see what interesting things happened on those days?

From a cursory glance at Wikipedia:

Brian: June 20 1942 – The Holocaust: Kazimierz Piechowski and three others, dressed as members of the SS-Totenkopfverbände, steal an SS staff car and escape from the Auschwitz concentration camp. 1942 – Neil Trudinger, Australian mathematician and theorist born

Carl: December 21, 1946 – An 8.1 Mw earthquake and subsequent tsunami in Nankaidō, Japan, kills over 1,300 people and destroys over 38,000 homes.

Mike: March 15, 1941 – Philippine Airlines, the flag carrier of the Philippines takes its first flight between Manila (from Nielson Field) to Baguio City with a Beechcraft Model 18 making the airline the first and oldest commercial airline in Asia operating under its original name.
Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 01:42:25 PM »

All I know is Britain voted to leave the EU on my birthday.

Then that complete twat Farage wanted my birthday to be named UK Independance Day!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx