gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:27:52 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Listen to "Some Sweet Day", from Brian's "Playback" compilation  (Read 2727 times)
pdas1996
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2017, 09:31:04 AM »

Courtesy of Rolling Stone

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/premieres/hear-brian-wilsons-retro-nineties-rarity-some-sweet-day-w500735
Pablo.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 09:22:39 AM »

I feel like I'm posting to the Steve Hoffman forum but... has anybody noticed that there's something very odd in the mastering of this song? Never noticed on the bootleg versions (of course,  not always on the best fidelity) On Playback it has too much high end, you can notice it in the trebely percussion. Can't believe that the percussion was badly miked on the tracking session or anything like that, but can't believe how they could issue this mastering work either.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 03:22:54 PM »

I have noticed that...I thought it was just me

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 10:22:54 PM »

There is also a really high pitch sound I can hear throughout the song. Because of a birth defect I have extremely sensitive ears and hearing. It actually physically hurts me to listen to this.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 11:24:53 PM »

There is also a really high pitch sound I can hear throughout the song. Because of a birth defect I have extremely sensitive ears and hearing. It actually physically hurts me to listen to this.
I do too , to an extent. 

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
terrei
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 09:17:29 AM »

The tambourine was not audible in the bootleg and might have been mixed too high here
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 09:28:42 AM »

Hrmm, I'll have to give these tracks a listen again. The circulating boot version of "Some Sweet Day" sounded pretty dire. It surfaced in that second batch of Paley material (along with "Frankie Avalon", "Dancing The Night Away", etc.) that sounded like they were sourced from 64kbps first generation MP3 files, which in turn were sourced from like a fifth generation cassette dub. The stuff literally sounds like it's being played back under water. There are all sorts of things that could be on the extant mixes/recordings that weren't audible on that circulating murky version.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 08:27:28 PM »

I feel like I'm posting to the Steve Hoffman forum but... has anybody noticed that there's something very odd in the mastering of this song? Never noticed on the bootleg versions (of course,  not always on the best fidelity) On Playback it has too much high end, you can notice it in the trebely percussion. Can't believe that the percussion was badly miked on the tracking session or anything like that, but can't believe how they could issue this mastering work either.

I haven't yet purchased the CD (bad on me, I know) - I did notice the "too much high end" on this Soundclound link, but figured it might be due to the extra compression of the mp3 (or whatever audio file type it is)...can anyone confirm if the CD sounds the same?
Pablo.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 01:22:25 PM »

My source is not CD or vinyl. But really, compression can't be the cause. It's also on the official BW channel for You Tube (excerpts from the track + Andy + Brian talking). Anyway, I still can't understand what happened.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx