gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
616649 Posts in 24871 Topics by 3532 Members - Latest Member: All Summer Long September 21, 2017, 01:39:54 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which is better: That Lucky Old Sun or That's Why God Made the Radio?  (Read 2399 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2017, 02:31:25 PM »

I think some of those NPP vocals people like are annoying, honestly, This Beautiful Day and I'm Feeling Sad in particular. I love the Brian-Al-Matt-Blondie-Whoisthat layering and unlayering makes for a fun listening experience. It's really interesting to hear different voices coming and going even within phrases. My two cents.

Demon-Fighting Genius, Patronizing Twaddler, Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick, and Sensationalist Dullard, and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2017, 10:22:32 PM »

I like both albums but i prefer .. TLOS.. Better songs and more creative.. BW works well with Scott Bennett.
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2017, 02:13:01 PM »

Interesting and likely accurate TWGMTR vocal breakdown Hey Jude.
One additional Mike moment to these ears could be during the Bill & Sue almost-acapella refrain which features a prominent bass vocal for about 6 notes.

About Strange World: I love that song, it always however seemed a slight shame that during (I think) the "county fair" part Brian is doing the lead, and behind him is what sounds like another Brian (and a bit of Jeff at the end) repeating the "strange world" line...would have been cool if a little extra care was taken to get Bruce or Al on that part and similar ones.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx