gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:49:00 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Al interview  (Read 4031 times)
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2017, 06:44:30 PM »

New Interview with Al

Talks about anoher The Beach Boys reunion and mentions possibly playing Friends in its entirety next.

https://www.renesteenbergen.nl/al-jardine-engels
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 06:56:53 PM »

Nice. Just nice. Have always thought the world of Al. Thanks for posting this!

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 07:02:17 PM »

Nice. Just nice. Have always thought the world of Al. Thanks for posting this!
I must admit Al just seems like a genuinely nice and cool guy that you'd love to grab a beer with!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 07:02:46 PM by baseball95 » Logged
Ninten
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 08:45:21 PM »

Wow! I would kill to see a performance of Friends!
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 02:17:51 AM »

Thanks, baseball.

You da man, Al! w00t!

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Zargo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 09:29:14 PM »

A pleasant little interview, thanks for sharing. He seems unaware that the Mike/Bruce gang do play a fair few deeper cuts but I guess that shouldn't be surprising.
Rick5150
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 02:42:54 AM »

I love Al. He seems like a great and humble man and his voice is still amazing. But a close-up, black and white set of images in that lighting is not doing him any favors. His forehead looks like the cracked desert image from the Surf's Up album sleeve.

It is a good interview though and he sounds like a guy who really appreciates working with Brian and still sounds like he is leaving the door open if a reunion opportunity presented itself.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 02:54:40 AM »

But a close-up, black and white set of images in that lighting is not doing him any favors. His forehead looks like the cracked desert image from the Surf's Up album sleeve.

It shocked me as well. Mind you (glancing at the interview title), no one can say he's not looking his age. And he's still wonderfully young at heart.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 03:08:20 AM »

Happy birthday, Al! 75'er now.

Re: interview - new album would be cool! 3D Like the pics too, Al must be flattered seeing them. Al's still the best-looking BB. 3D

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2017, 06:34:10 AM »

Happy 75th birthday Al!

It's great that he still keeps his voice as almost good as in his 20's. He's keepin' rockin'!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 08:04:43 AM by Watamushi (Polly Poller) » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2017, 10:13:20 AM »

Just saw this video on facebook. I hope you can watch it by clicking the link. It's Al interviewed in 2012 (talking about Susie C. a.o.). I hadn't seen it before:

https://www.facebook.com/dan.tackett.52/videos/301169140029628/?hc_ref=ARQRcj8aCe72Lwg_R_0e96jpt6X2LisdVa9YVPhdWs8qoNo3ilv5mpnwo4IsJSf-820
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 10:14:51 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2017, 03:48:30 PM »

Al sells himself short.  His vocals remain a highlight...as they have for decades.  Next to Carl he's been the best vocalist in the band since the mid-70s.  Now?  It's most obviously Al.  Brian knows that.  Hence... ... ...Al. 

Friends?  Sure.  Why not?  Great LP.  ['cept for Transcendental Meditation]  Another reunion?  Really?  Do they have to?  If so...enjoy yourself.  Maybe a good way for each and every one of them to wave goodbye for the LAST time.  Ah...The Beach Boys at 80.  I'd only be in my 70s.  A dream come true?  No.

Very good interview.  Very poorly spelled.  But THAT is secondary.

Thanks.  Worth the read.

Right Mike?

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
jeffh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2017, 03:01:11 PM »

Al is a gentleman also. I met him several times over a two day period when he was touring Friends and Family. I actually got to ride with him in his limo from the hotel to the venue, a very short two blocks. Very nice guy.
Scaroline No
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2017, 07:29:00 AM »

Great article.

I missed Al's birthday but I hope he had a great one. He deserves every bit of love we have to send him.
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2017, 09:34:32 AM »

Great article.

I missed Al's birthday but I hope he had a great one. He deserves every bit of love we have to send him.
Agree 111%!

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx