gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 07:17:53 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "I Know There's An Answer" 5.1 Questions  (Read 1423 times)
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: September 14, 2017, 04:13:21 PM »

Anyone here with a 5.1 surround system, and the 5.1 mix of Pet Sounds, that can answer these questions for me, pertaining to the two instrumental overdubs on this song?
Does the 5.1 mix offer enough separation for you to be able to hear any other instruments on the banjo track, or the organ track (during the refrain)? Curious if those two overdubs consisted of just those instruments, or if maybe another instrument is discernable on either or both.
Asking because...obviously...I don't have a 5.1 system myself.... Embarrassed
Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 11:48:38 PM »

Anyone here with a 5.1 surround system, and the 5.1 mix of Pet Sounds, that can answer these questions for me, pertaining to the two instrumental overdubs on this song?
Does the 5.1 mix offer enough separation for you to be able to hear any other instruments on the banjo track, or the organ track (during the refrain)? Curious if those two overdubs consisted of just those instruments, or if maybe another instrument is discernable on either or both.
Asking because...obviously...I don't have a 5.1 system myself.... Embarrassed

It's been years since I've heard it but my impressions of Pet Sounds 5:1 were mainly front LR with the back speakers used for ambience / depth. Perhaps Mark L could chime in.

And Mark, if you're reading, how about a release of the unadulterated multitracks for the 60th?

I'd pay whatever was asked.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx