gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:40:32 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Midnight's Another Day - Going Home - Southern California  (Read 6419 times)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2017, 01:12:20 AM »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; the three major works of Brian Wilson's career are Pet Sounds, Smile, and That Lucky Old Sun. Those are the three masterpieces of his career. Southern California seems to sum up his entire life and career. I almost wish that That Lucky Old Sun had been his final album. Southern California is as perfect an ending to Brian's career as Summer's Gone is a perfect ending for The Beach Boys(especially with the rain at the end).
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 01:15:03 AM by Jay » Logged

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2017, 12:51:55 PM »

Voting yes on this.
KDS
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2017, 05:36:03 AM »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; the three major works of Brian Wilson's career are Pet Sounds, Smile, and That Lucky Old Sun. Those are the three masterpieces of his career. Southern California seems to sum up his entire life and career. I almost wish that That Lucky Old Sun had been his final album. Southern California is as perfect an ending to Brian's career as Summer's Gone is a perfect ending for The Beach Boys(especially with the rain at the end).

I wonder if every BW album going forward will conclude with some sort of "career coda" type song.  While I love Southern California and Summer's Gone, I think that The Last Song seemed a bit forced. 
MatchPoint
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2017, 03:31:06 PM »

Man I wish I could hear the demos with the original lyrics!

Yeah! We're coming up on the 10-Year for this album. Would be nice to see a reissue with bonus tracks.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2017, 06:59:47 PM »

Yeah! We're coming up on the 10-Year for this album. Would be nice to see a reissue with bonus tracks.

Will never happen, tragically.

Brian's fingerprints are all over this album, that shouldn't even be up for a debate.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
MatchPoint
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2017, 03:33:25 AM »

Will never happen, tragically.

Brian's fingerprints are all over this album, that shouldn't even be up for a debate.

Who's debating what now?

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx