gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 07:29:40 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: COPYRIGHT IS GETTING OUT THE LINE  (Read 6515 times)
KDS
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2017, 06:18:31 AM »

Could this be due to an upcoming, definitive Beach Boys visual anthology DVD Huh??

Probably not

Nah. Removals and other takedown notices (as I mentioned, this happens on eBay as well) have been happening for years now. I don't think they portend some grand official video release. And really, even if BRI sanctioned some epic longform video release focusing on the BBs, it wouldn't include most of the random TV shows and other items on YouTube that would cost too much to license anyway.

It also appears based on a recent post that my hunch was correct that it was the bad luck of a confluence of several individual copyright holders complaining in quick succession that led to that channel being pulled down.

Some copyright holders are notoriously strict and pull down stuff *very quickly*, while other stuff stays up on YouTube for years and years with no problems.

It's ridiculous, as if a bunch of revenue is being lost because there's just millions of people waiting to buy an officially released copy of the BBs miming to "Beach Boys Medley" on the "Merv Griffin Show." (And even if tons of people *would* buy that, it never gets officially released anyway).

Yeah, the TV appearances would be tough, but I'm sure they could put out a DVD of promo films / videos (ie, Pet Sounds promo film), coupled with some live stuff.  Maybe include the now out of print "Lost Concert." 
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx