gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:16:52 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Did Al Jardine die in 1965 only to be replaced by a lookalike ?  (Read 24365 times)
Wata
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2017, 01:00:03 AM »

Nothing really. It turns out Watamushi is the real Al Jardine. Proof was offered but Range Rover didn't believe it and this argument broke out. I bravely stepped between them and took some verbal damage, cos that's the kind of guy I am.

I'm OK though, don't worry.
Yep, I have shared some of my ideas that implied I was Al:
・I said that I didn't really like the first two albums of the BBs, which has little appearance of Al
・I once recommended Al's A Postcard from California along with Brian's solo albums.
・I'm definitely a big admirer for On Broadway, where Al sang lead.
・I seemingly love most of what Al has written:Susie Cincinnati, All This is That, Lookin' Down the Coast, Crack at Your Love, to name a few.
・Al once tried to control public opinions with his 'California Recall Blues', and I'm trying to control that in Pet Sounds Forum and Smiley Smile Forum with bunch of polls.
・Al likes Folk music. And I have some of my favorites among folk (or folk rock) musicians: Bob Dylan, Paul Simon, etc. I undeniably love to sing 'The Time They Are A-Changin', which Al sang on Party! album.

For all of these reasons, I swear that Watamushi must be Al Jardine, or Sal, or 'Rhonda' Al. He must've came here and PSF to convert every Brianista into 'Al'ista.

But wait, then who am I that is about to post this post  Huh

You have successfully fooled us all (until now), congratulations!
Tell it to the 'Al' in me Grin
KDS
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2017, 05:56:48 AM »

It's a little known fact that after the real Al passed in 1965, Paul Simon was approached about joining The Beach Boys, but he turned down the offer as he didn't want to be a mere Al Jardine replacement. 

Over two decades later, he used this an inspired when he was stuck on a title for a new song.  He settled on "You Can Call Me Al."
MatchPoint
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2017, 02:18:05 PM »

Not sure if this is pertinent to your weird investigation but I thought I'd share an observation.

Al Jardine went through a brief but intense obsession with bells as an instrument between 1978 and 1979. They're all over MIU (which he produced) and Lady Linda. Then all of a sudden BOOM, Santa Ana Winds, no bells...

What was he trying to tell us? Ask not for whom the bell tolls?

Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2017, 02:46:54 PM »

I just thought of one more. In Here Today when you hear background chatter, Brian says "put the top back on" Speaking of Al's coffin!
Good call, MTR, you have doggie ears and the mind of an addled amateur detective.

That's accurate!  LOL

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2017, 07:55:23 PM »

It's a little known fact that after the real Al passed in 1965, Paul Simon was approached about joining The Beach Boys, but he turned down the offer as he didn't want to be a mere Al Jardine replacement.  

Over two decades later, he used this an inspired when he was stuck on a title for a new song.  He settled on "You Can Call Me Al."

Simon clearly regretted his decision down the road, he could have been the Mike to Brian's Garfunkel.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 08:02:35 PM by Dove Nested Towers » Logged

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2017, 08:00:18 PM »

Not sure if this is pertinent to your weird investigation but I thought I'd share an observation.

Al Jardine went through a brief but intense obsession with bells as an instrument between 1978 and 1979. They're all over MIU (which he produced) and Lady Linda. Then all of a sudden BOOM, Santa Ana Winds, no bells...

Precisely, and Sal was also trying to tell us with the bells that the original Al was secretly buried behind Worthington Dodge on Bell-flower Blvd. in L.A. In its goofy commercials, Cal (!) Worthington always a wild animal by his side which he referred to as "my dog Spot", an obvious allusion to Pet Sounds.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 08:01:51 PM by Dove Nested Towers » Logged

Daly, Chicago 1968
MatchPoint
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2017, 06:44:32 AM »

Precisely, and Sal was also trying to tell us with the bells that the original Al was secretly buried behind Worthington Dodge on Bell-flower Blvd. in L.A. In its goofy commercials, Cal (!) Worthington always a wild animal by his side which he referred to as "my dog Spot", an obvious allusion to Pet Sounds.

The bells were utilized the most in 1978... 78...

7... The number of letters in Jardine.

8... The number of letters in the word REPLACED!

Say it isn't so!

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2017, 05:31:52 PM »

Confirmed today by Brian himself.

Alan Hard-on apparently.  Wink
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2017, 05:50:26 AM »

LOL

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
ericxplackis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2017, 06:08:28 AM »

Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2017, 01:24:45 AM »

The bells were utilized the most in 1978... 78...

7... The number of letters in Jardine.

8... The number of letters in the word REPLACED!

Say it isn't so!

Amazing! And just realized that the run-on groove of "Whistle In" has a weird scratchy voice (Kalinich?) saying "I saw Al die" backwards, chanted over some random"In My Childhood" bicycle horn outtakes.

9 letters, next in the numerical progression!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 02:23:47 PM by Dove Nested Towers » Logged

Daly, Chicago 1968
petsoundsnola
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2017, 09:22:41 AM »

The whole replacement conspiracy was covered up by another popular surfing group at the time.

ALAN JARDINE

is an anagram for

JAN DEAN LIAR

In fact, Dean Torrence designed the album cover art for 15 Big Ones, with "Al" looking away.  
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 09:24:14 AM by petsoundsnola » Logged
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2017, 02:26:35 PM »

It's all starting to make sense. The pieces of the puzzle are fitting together in a way that Smile never could, the magnitude of this colossal hoax is mind-boggling and its implications positively limitless.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 02:27:47 PM by Dove Nested Towers » Logged

Daly, Chicago 1968
GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2017, 03:30:06 PM »

Y'know, there are quite a few "Paul Is Dead" forums out there that would fall for every idea in this thread and run with it.  Evil
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2017, 06:31:13 PM »

The only thing different between this and Paul is Dead, is that not as many people are doing drugs.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2017, 07:03:52 PM »

The only thing different between this and Paul is Dead, is that not as many people are doing drugs.

Speak for yourself, MTR.

Daly, Chicago 1968
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2017, 01:28:00 AM »

Yeah, I was gonna say, whatever you chimps are smoking, I'm waiting to inhale!  Smokin Cool Guy

But you guys are SO stoned that the collective munchies you must be experiencing would be enough to cause a full-fledged famine in Hawthorne...

...where Al's body has been carefully concealed in one of the 105 freeway's concrete pillars.
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2017, 07:41:18 AM »

Y'know, there are quite a few "Paul Is Dead" forums out there that would fall for every idea in this thread and run with it.  Evil

Yeah, maybe we could license them like some have licensed other things and reap a small sum each time they are recycled or used foundationally, sort of like a patent...or something....

Daly, Chicago 1968
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2017, 07:42:25 AM »

Yeah, I was gonna say, whatever you chimps are smoking, I'm waiting to inhale!  Smokin Cool Guy

But you guys are SO stoned that the collective munchies you must be experiencing would be enough to cause a full-fledged famine in Hawthorne...

...where Al's body has been carefully concealed in one of the 105 freeway's concrete pillars.

The chimps have taken control of the zoo!

Daly, Chicago 1968
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2017, 08:05:32 AM »

The whole replacement conspiracy was covered up by another popular surfing group at the time.

ALAN JARDINE

is an anagram for

JAN DEAN LIAR

In fact, Dean Torrence designed the album cover art for 15 Big Ones, with "Al" looking away.  

Could Jan have been involved somehow? Maybe his car wreck was no accident...
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2017, 10:42:17 AM »

ALAN JARDINE

is an anagram for

JAN DEAN LIAR

Could Jan have been involved somehow? Maybe his car wreck was no accident...
Well, Jan had a problem with the wheel of his car a few days before the accident. Hmmmmm...
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2017, 06:08:18 PM »

And it was at "Dead Man's Curve." 'Nuff said.

Daly, Chicago 1968
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2017, 10:42:12 AM »

Al Jardine was conceived around early September which is when the age count is started from in some cultures. This makes him a Sagittarius. Thus we should look for clues in the Sagittarius album, especially My World Fell Down.

Hickory Violet Part IV
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2017, 11:40:40 AM »

Al Jardine was conceived around early September which is when the age count is started from in some cultures. This makes him a Sagittarius. Thus we should look for clues in the Sagittarius album, especially My World Fell Down.

The bull fight part perhaps. Was Al a keen matador? He liked unusual hats. Maybe 'bull session with big daddy' is a clue. I'm sure Big Daddy was what they used to call Al. I'm sure of that.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2017, 11:41:20 AM »

That session from PS where BW makes Al sing " I know there's an answer" over and over is the key. He was having fake Al rehearse being the real AL! Cool Guy

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx